Affiliates
free forum

Captain of Costa Concordia had an accident in 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  Pedro Silva on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:21 pm

http://www.dn.pt/inicio/globo/interior.aspx?content_id=2338838&seccao=Europa

The captain of the Costa Concordia, the ship that sank on January 13, had already caused an accident in 2010 with another boat which was then under his command.

Francesco Schettino, who at the time led the Atlantic Coast cruise, "maneuvered at a speed between 7.7 and 7.9 knots on the port of entry Warenemünde [in Northern Germany], causing the cruise we Aida Blue," which at the port, writes the Spanish daily El Mundo quoting the Italian press.

The captain was justified in a letter, claiming that "did not know the speed limit and had not received any notification of infringement by the competent authorities."

Schettino is currently under house arrest, accused of multiple homicide by neglect, and abandonment of the sinking boat. Over eight employees of the company Costa Cruises are being investigated due to the accident of the Costa Concordia, in which 32 people lost their lives.
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Re: Captain of Costa Concordia had an accident in 2010

Post  bb1 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:49 pm

It's a matter for the courts, but he seems to have been an accident waiting to happen.

Few will weep tears for Amaral, seeing an angry man locked up in his own bitter and baseless theories
. -Neil Tweedie, Daily Mail, of the McCanns' tormentor Gonzo.
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:56 pm

Yes, I agree with you bb1.
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:06 pm

My friends, this was taken from Correio da Manhã newspaper:

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/ultima-hora/capitao-do-costa-concordia-diz-nao-estar-arrependido

translation:

Wreck caused the deaths of 30 people

Captain of the 'Costa Concordia' says do not be sorry

The captain of the 'Costa Concordia', sunken cruise in January near the Italian coast, ensures that there is sorry not to have triggered the alarm to abandon ship at the first sign of danger.

"I took decisions of a captain," said Francesco Schettino, in his first interview after the wreck of the 'Costa Concordia', which killed 30 people, according to Spanish newspaper 'El Mundo'.

"I could never imagine what would happen," said Francesco Schettino, adding that if he had pulled over the vessel with a sea depth of 100 meters to launch the lifeboats "certainly that the ship had sunk."

The interview with the man who saw last week revoked his house arrest warrant will be transmitted to be this Tuesday evening from 21.30 (Italian time), the program 'Quinta Colonna' on Channel 5 in Italy.

Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:15 pm

'Scuse me, who was it that steered it onto rocks then 'fell' into a lifeboat?

Few will weep tears for Amaral, seeing an angry man locked up in his own bitter and baseless theories
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:28 pm

Yes bb1, you´re right.
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:03 pm

http://www.ptjornal.com/201207119542/geral/mundo/schettino-diz-que-o-naufragio-do-costa-concordia-foi-um-acidente-banal.html

translation:

Schettino said the sinking of the Costa Concordia was "an banal accident"

Responsible for the sinking of the Costa Concordia, Francesco Schettino, captain, calls for "forgiveness" to the families of 32 people who lost their lives. Schettino gave an interview where he laments that it has "distracted", which meant that the cruise has sunk, in an "banal accident " - words of Schettino - occurred in Italy, off the island of Giglio, in January.

The commander of the Costa Concordia gave a controversial interview with Canale 5, Italian television station, where the sinking regrets and apologizes to the families of 32 people who lost their lives in the accident. Francesco Schettino said his request for "forgiveness" is "normal" and also reveals that feels "guilty conscience" of the death of 32 passengers on board who followed the cruise.

But the commander speaks of a "distraction" that is causing the wreck.

Schettino says also "victims of the tragedy" and not just one culprit. "I was also a victim of the whole system.

It is as if the brains and the instruments aboard had failed at the same time, "explains the master, which it calls the accident the Costa Concordia as" a banal accident. "

Despite the apology and accept to be criticized - "It is normal for people to feel angry," assumes Francesco Schettino - also asks for understanding, remembering that "a wreck of a crime is different."

And rejects have been the author of a crime that did not exist in his mind.

"I do not believe have committed a crime and I want the whole truth comes to the fore, whatever the cost," explained the captain, accused of having caused the wreck by ordering a stop very close to the coast and for abandoning the ship in full withdrawal operation of the 4,200 passengers and crew.
Francesco Schettino answer for the crime of negligent homicide, by the wreck and the fact that he left the ship and rescue missions. Also under investigation is the justice for allegedly having concealed information relevant to establishing the truth, the sinking of the Costa Concordia.

For all these suspicions, it was determined that he would be under house arrest, and was unable to establish contact with third parties except with the family and their lawyers.

This interview of Schettino is shrouded in some controversy, as some press suggests that the commander of the Costa Concordia will have received 50,000 euros for the grant.

The Canale 5 has come to deny this payment. Recall that the cruise was carrying 4229 people, having crashed into a rock, because of a risky maneuver the responsibility of Francesco Schettino, commander who abandoned ship as it sank, resigning from its obligation to provide assistance to passengers and lead rescue missions.

Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:05 pm

about ""I was also a victim of the whole system.", a victim? bullshit, you´re alive and innocents are dead.

Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:09 pm

But it wasn't an accident, was it? I really think his legal advisors should tell him to keep his mouth shut.

bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:34 pm

bb1, I agree with you.
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down