JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Phew. Oh My God. EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Phew. Oh My God. EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Phew. Oh My God. EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Phew. Oh My God. EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Phew. Oh My God. EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Phew. Oh My God. EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Phew. Oh My God. EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Phew. Oh My God. EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Phew. Oh My God. EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Phew. Oh My God.

2 posters

Go down

Phew. Oh My God. Empty Phew. Oh My God.

Post  Sabot Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:16 pm

This morning I thought that my Apple Laptop had finally given up the ghost after seven years of gross over use. Nearly 24/7.
I had an instant nervous breakdown, and wondered what life was before The Internet.
I tried reading a book. And actually repotted a couple of Chrysanthemum plants. And then had another nervous breakdown. How on earth did I communicate with anyone before? It was all an horrible nightmare. My mind went blank.

Then I got around to thinking of The Telephone. Who could I phone to get me another Laptop? Apple Shops don't abound around here. But what would I do in the meantime? How would I survive without you all?

Then some bright spark across the road from me suggested that I remove The Battery for twenty minutes. And ho ho, it worked. But oh my goodness me, it was dire for a while.

Addicted? Who, me?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Phew. Oh My God. Empty Re: Phew. Oh My God.

Post  bb1 Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:28 pm

You will be comforted to know it isn't just macs that do that, Sabot. It's as if they have some sort of nervous breakdown, and refuse to do anything until they've had a TOTAL REST.

It's bizarre, the manuals never mention that, people generally only know by word of mouth, which is how I found out...
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:16 pm

Amazing, Bonny. Such a simple thing as removing the battery briefly. One wonders how many laptops have been dumped because people generally don't know this.
And more power to my man across the road who told me this. I would happily have paid him an arm and a leg to come and sort it for me.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:22 pm

I don't know what causes it, maybe a build-up of static or something? Whatever it is:

They all do it.

The manufacturers never mention it. Presumably, in the hope that people decide their laptop is dead and buy a new one.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:46 pm

I had actually been "Cleaning my Mac", not something that I know a lot about, except that the App cost me a few bob. But I had recovered a few Bites, presuming that anyone knows what that means. And then it went a bit funny before shutting down altogether.
Basically, my Apple is slowing down, which is not surprising after seven years of nearly 24/7. Sensibly I should be thinking of getting a new one before I lose the very little important stuff that I have. Mostly to do with my Leaseholders who have attempted to make my life a misery for the last seven years. Currently they are behaving themselves, but it is always the same old same old. The Leases change hands, and some new prat will try it on with the same boring legal nonarguments that have been refuted many times. Sadly, they get rid of Managing Agents with monotonous regularity. And Managing Agents have a propensity to forget who they work for, until I remind them with all of the vast proof that I have been forced to collect over the years.
I didn't buy this Freehold because I wanted to become a Feudal Landlord, but it was the only way to sell Flats in a large house. After that, someone has to make sure that the communal areas are seen to. Him on the ground floor doesn't give a shit about the roof or how clean the stairs might be.
And yes, I do suspect that they mind because I own the land on which they live. If that makes me Feudal then tough shit.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum