JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Moira Anderson: Police open Old Monkland Cemetery grave 57 years after she disappeared EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Moira Anderson: Police open Old Monkland Cemetery grave 57 years after she disappeared EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Moira Anderson: Police open Old Monkland Cemetery grave 57 years after she disappeared EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Moira Anderson: Police open Old Monkland Cemetery grave 57 years after she disappeared EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Moira Anderson: Police open Old Monkland Cemetery grave 57 years after she disappeared EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Moira Anderson: Police open Old Monkland Cemetery grave 57 years after she disappeared EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Moira Anderson: Police open Old Monkland Cemetery grave 57 years after she disappeared EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Moira Anderson: Police open Old Monkland Cemetery grave 57 years after she disappeared EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Moira Anderson: Police open Old Monkland Cemetery grave 57 years after she disappeared EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Moira Anderson: Police open Old Monkland Cemetery grave 57 years after she disappeared

4 posters

Go down

Moira Anderson: Police open Old Monkland Cemetery grave 57 years after she disappeared Empty Moira Anderson: Police open Old Monkland Cemetery grave 57 years after she disappeared

Post  Lamplighter Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:26 am

BBC News: GLASGOW & WEST SCOTLAND

8 January 2013 Last updated at 07:35
Moira Anderson: Police open Old Monkland Cemetery grave
Moira Anderson: Police open Old Monkland Cemetery grave 57 years after she disappeared _65114138_2anderson_bw
Moira Anderson disappeared while on an errand for her family

Forensic experts will begin exhuming a family grave in North Lanarkshire on Tuesday in the search for the body of a schoolgirl who disappeared in 1957.

Moira Anderson vanished aged 11 during a trip to the shops in Coatbridge.

Bus driver and convicted child rapist Alexander Gartshore, who died in 2006, has been linked to her disappearance.

Moira's family believe she may have been killed and buried at Old Monkland Cemetery in the family plot of Sinclair Upton, an acquaintance of Gartshore.

She went missing after getting on a bus as she ran an errand to the Co-op for her family.

Her body was never found and Scotland's Lord Advocate, Frank Mulholland, ordered cold case detectives to reopen the case as a murder investigation last year.

A sheriff granted a request from Moira's relatives to exhume the grave at Old Monkland Cemetery

Gartshore's daughter, Sandra Brown, has written a book detailing her suspicions that her late father was Moira's killer.

She said: "I originally became involved in the investigation because I had a conversation with my father in 1992 just after his mother's death and he linked himself there to Moira for the first time ever.

"He said to me that his own father blamed him for Moira and basically this was said in such a way that he probably thought at this time that I wouldn't remember Moira, because I was only eight when she disappeared.

"But actually it was really a chilling conversation I had with him and it brought up a lot of echoes and worries for me and eventually it led to me going to the police."

Moira's sister, Janet Hart, who lives in Australia, launched a petition to get Mr Upton's grave exhumed, believing that Gartshore may have dumped her body there in the days before Mr Upton was laid to rest.

Last month, a sheriff granted a request from Moira's relatives to open the grave.

A radar survey already carried out suggests there may be an extra body there.

The exhumation process is expected to take several days and involve specially trained police personnel.
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Moira Anderson: Police open Old Monkland Cemetery grave 57 years after she disappeared Empty Re: Moira Anderson: Police open Old Monkland Cemetery grave 57 years after she disappeared

Post  Maggs Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:31 pm

Update LL.

By James Matthews, Scotland Correspondent

A grave is being exhumed in an effort to solve a 56-year murder mystery.

A forensic team pumped water from the plot at Old Monkland Cemetery in Lanarkshire as a first step in the operation to establish whether or not 11 year-old Moira Anderson is buried there.

Wet, sodden ground is an added complication to the delicate dig, which is being conducted with small shovels and trowels.

The team is investigating suspicions that Moira was abducted and killed when she went missing in 1957 and her body concealed within a grave that lay open at the time.

Her family now believe her killer may have dumped her body in the grave of one of his friends, Sinclair Upton, who died around the time of Moira's disappearance.

They have sought permission through the courts to have the grave exhumed. Mr Upton's family has agreed to the request.

The prime suspect behind Moira's disappearance is convicted paedophile Alexander Gartshore, who died in 2006.

The young girl disappeared after taking a trip on a bus that he drove.

Underground radar checks on the grave in 2007 indicated an anomaly consistent with the presence of the remains of a child.

The exhumation is being conducted under the direction of forensic anthropologist Professor Sue Black.

Police believe the burial plot has three layers and there may be up to eight people interred there.

Chief Inspector Kenny McLeod, of Strathclyde Police, said: "There may be no necessity to exhume all eight human remains but that does remain a possibility.

"The site does present significant problems and challenges, not only in terms of ground conditions but also record-keeping as you can imagine, going back to 1908, it may not detail every person in the burial plot."

Officers in overalls went in and out of the tents as work started on Tuesday morning.

Mr McLeod said: "There was a petition before Airdrie Sheriff Court last year from the Moira Anderson Foundation and the Crown Office then instructed Strathclyde Police to facilitate the excavation.

"It comes from new information presented to the court.

"Operations like this are not taken lightly as we remain sensitive to Moira Anderson's family and also the families who have relatives buried elsewhere in the cemetery."

http://news.sky.com/story/1034922/moira-anderson-police-dig-up-grave-in-search

Perhaps Birch should take note on this bit.

Underground radar checks on the grave in 2007 indicated an anomaly consistent with the presence of the remains of a child.
Any remains, it seems would show up, as such.
Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Moira Anderson: Police open Old Monkland Cemetery grave 57 years after she disappeared Empty Re: Moira Anderson: Police open Old Monkland Cemetery grave 57 years after she disappeared

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:34 pm

Oh my, that's very interesting. But then that's the REAL police, not a houndertw@t with a lawnmower.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:38 am

And it's come to nothing:

http://news.sky.com/story/1036113/moira-andersons-remains-not-found-in-grave

Moira Anderson's Remains 'Not Found' In Grave
11:21am UK, Thursday 10 January 2013

Email
The remains of a girl who went missing 56 years ago have not been found in a grave in Lanarkshire, Sky sources understand.

Forensic scientists investigating the disappearance of Moira Anderson began exhuming a burial site in Old Monkland cemetery in Lanarkshire this week, but the search is believed to have been unsuccessful.

Police are expected to make a statement shortly.

Moira, who was 11 years old when she disappeared in 1957, is thought to have been murdered.

Her family believed her killer may have dumped her body in a grave that was open at the time of her disappearance.

More follows...

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:55 am

It would be good if they could have some kind of closure here.

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:01 pm

Yes, it must be dreadful for everyone involved, Lily. From what I've read, there seems to be little doubt that this man was the killer - Moira getting on his bus would be rather a big coincidence.

My only slight niggle is that no-one knows how many women Tobin killed when he was roaming around, and he isn't talking.

My own personal opinion is that Tobin = Bible John, but unless he confesses, an awful lot of murders are never going to be cleared up.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:18 pm

I agree with you Bonny. It's horrible all around. It must have been a bit of a roller coaster time for some people and now it's back to square one?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:32 pm

It's dreadful for Gartshore's daughters too, Lily - they were so sure they were going to finally close the book on their vile father, and now they are back to square one, almost.

It's just awful - the piece of merde is still hurting people, long after his death.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:52 pm

I hope he's rotting in hell.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down