Search
Affiliates
free forum

Lisbon - Jail sentences for 'torture' cops confirmed

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lisbon - Jail sentences for 'torture' cops confirmed

Post  bb1 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:53 am

http://expresso.sapo.pt/relacao-de-lisboa-confirma-prisao-de-policias-que-agrediram-alemao=f796366

The Lisbon confirms arrest of policemen who beat German

The two agents of the PSP will have to meet four years in prison each, already in April. If news was also in the German press.

The Portuguese justice gave as proof of the assault of two police officers Adrian Grunert, a German citizen, now 28 years old. The case dates back to the summer of 2008, when then-Erasmus student was assaulted at a police station in Lisbon, after being caught traveling on a hanging electric.

In a judgment with the date of yesterday, the Express had access, the Lisbon Court of Appeal confirms the imprisonment of two agents of the PSP, which will have to meet four years in prison each, penalty applied to them in first instance by "torture" that occurred in July 2008.

Agents can begin serving the sentence already in April.

"I agree with the content of the judgment," the young German lawyer, Carlos Undercover. "It was clear that the only intention of the accused was to delay the implementation of the decision, resorting to legal remedies and groundless arguments," he adds.

The judgment of the Court of Appeal of Lisbon came following a request for clarification of the court's decision of March 21, filed by counsel for the defendants, Oliveira Santos, who was unreachable.

==========

The so-called 'police super-lawyer' is probably too busy trying to write Gonc's grovel letter to comment. Wink

Last edited by bb1 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Few will weep tears for Amaral, seeing an angry man locked up in his own bitter and baseless theories
. -Neil Tweedie, Daily Mail, of the McCanns' tormentor Gonzo.
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon - Jail sentences for 'torture' cops confirmed

Post  bb1 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:59 am

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/exclusivo-cm/tortura-leva-dois--policias-a-cadeia

Torture takes two cops to jail

Meet the judgment of the court at Lisbon

The agents of PSP Rui Neto and Osvaldo Magalhães, both 31, placed in the Police station of the Bairro Alto, Lisbon, saw the Court of Appeal of Lisbon (TRL) maintain the conviction of four years and three months in prison to them applied in the first instance for acts of torture occurred in July 2008.

The victim, Adrian Grunert, 23, was a German student in Portugal under the Erasmus program. And a German attaché of the embassy accompanied the entire trial. Mal knew of convictions for crimes of offense to the physical integrity qualified grave coercion and abuse of power, the agents entered Magalhães Neto and low psychological, that still maintain. In April, both may have to enter the jail.

The judgment of the TRL, March 12, to keep the convictions arose following the appeal by the defendants' lawyer, Santos Oliveira. The defense claims that there was never evidence that after the arrest of Adrian Grunert, irregular transport by an electric, it has been assaulted by two policemen at the station.

The judges disagree, considering "indisputable" that the injuries when the young German was presented to the emergency room of St. Joseph's Hospital According to TRL, Adrian Grunert was trampled, beaten, stripped and forced to squat. They also claim the judges judges, was never even made a self occurrence.

The process lowered the 1st instance, which issued warrants for driving the chain, yesterday nullified by resource defense. The case only become final in April - there will be arrested. Paulo Rodrigues, president of the Association of Professional Police stressed the Morning Post "there was never any actual imprisonment of civilians who have assaulted police officers."

============

And a German attaché of the embassy accompanied the entire trial.

Good for the German embassy! The staff must be horrified that this keeps happening in what is supposed to be a 21st century Western European democracy; it's like something out of their darkest days 70+ years ago.

Few will weep tears for Amaral, seeing an angry man locked up in his own bitter and baseless theories
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:06 pm

Gonçalo Amaral confirmed that he discharged his previous lawyer and gave all the cases to Santos de Oliveira, known as the police super lawyer. "I can confirm that I have hired Dr. Oliveira, but I won't make further comments. Results will speak for themselves".

Yes, they will indeed. Wonder how the 'grovel' letter is coming along? Wink

bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:11 pm

So the superlawyer's expertise is in torture cases? Shocked
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggs on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:33 pm

Odd choice of lawyer?

Not a libel lawyer.

Specialties
Economic Law, Criminal Law, Tax Law, Administrative Law and the Family.

Why do all Gonc's lawyers, look as though they haven't seen a bar of soap for years? rofl rofl rofl

He's one ugly lawyer Eek

Bit like Gonc, the corpulent defendant vomit

Last edited by Maggs on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:37 pm

Is that him? He looks more like the defendant. Shocked

bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggs on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:50 pm

bb1 wrote:Is that him? He looks more like the defendant. Shocked

Yep! He does doesn't he? vomit
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:51 pm

Specialties
Economic Law, Criminal Law, Tax Law, Administrative Law and the Family.

Well that is needed in his *cough* divorce, back taxes, trying to hold onto his money and the criminal hearings he is awaiting.

Maybe libel is way down the list......as they know they can't win that one. Pcorneater
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:59 pm

He's going to get a reputation for losing cases before very much longer. Still, I suppose someone has to defend scum bags. But I expect he is negotiating a settlement that leaves enough over for him to be paid. And he won't worry about grabbing Gonc's house if he has to. Wouldn't that be a laugh.
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:05 pm

Sabot wrote:
He's going to get a reputation for losing cases before very much longer. Still, I suppose someone has to defend scum bags. But I expect he is negotiating a settlement that leaves enough over for him to be paid. And he won't worry about grabbing Gonc's house if he has to. Wouldn't that be a laugh.

That's what scumbags do to each other, isn't it?
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:09 pm

There are actually three things in life which are inevitable. Besides death and taxes....lawyers always get paid.

And I somehow don't think the 'police superlawyer' is working for Gonc out of the goodness of his heart.

BTW, isn't it a pity there is no Leveson in Portugal? What with the 'police superlawyer' also representing O Crime, might be worth investigating just where all those leaks come from.

bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:12 pm

BTW, isn't it a pity there is no Leveson in Portugal? What with the 'police superlawyer' also representing O Crime, might be worth investigating just where all those leaks come from.

Oh you mean those leaks straight from Gonc et al?

ETA: All of the above is IMO. I repeat, in my humble opinion. flower

(apologies to everyone here). flower flower

Last edited by lily on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:14 pm

You forgot to say, Just my humble opinion! and post a flower, Lily. flower

bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:16 pm

The Nasties won't care who gets Gonc's house so long as The McCanns don't. But I am not so sure how The Lovely Sofa is going to feel about it.
No Home, no Pension and no Money, so that's his marriage over, if it isn't already. She won't want to keep that lying, cheating bum on her salary.
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:16 pm

Thank you so much, Bonny. embarass Have corrected my errors. flower
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:18 pm

Sabot wrote:The Nasties won't care who gets Gonc's house so long as The McCanns don't. But I am not so sure how The Lovely Sofa is going to feel about it.
No Home, no Pension and no Money, so that's his marriage over, if it isn't already. She won't want to keep that lying, cheating bum on her salary.

He will be all right, Sabot. The Nasties will organize another huge fund for him. Pcorneater
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:21 pm

lily wrote:
Sabot wrote:The Nasties won't care who gets Gonc's house so long as The McCanns don't. But I am not so sure how The Lovely Sofa is going to feel about it.

He will be all right, Sabot. The Nasties will organize another huge fund for him. Pcorneater

I think everyone has run out of shirt buttons and Old French Francs, Lily. I know I have.
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:22 pm

Yes, because their efforts at fund-raising are always so succesful....

I wonder if Gonc has paid his brother yet? The one he tried to swindle out of a house?

I wonder if Gonc has paid the costs of the Faro court yet, as ordered by the judge after he used Gonc as a floor mop?

bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:34 pm

Has Morais wrote about this yet?

And as an aside, was you aware that MoreAss as a relative in the PJ? A officer no less
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:45 pm

bb1 wrote:Yes, because their efforts at fund-raising are always so succesful....

I wonder if Gonc has paid his brother yet? The one he tried to swindle out of a house?

I wonder if Gonc has paid the costs of the Faro court yet, as ordered by the judge after he used Gonc as a floor mop?

It must off been. Well, I did read somewhere that they had.

ORLY, mf?
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:12 pm

muratfan wrote:Has Morais wrote about this yet?

And as an aside, was you aware that MoreAss as a relative in the PJ? A officer no less

Of course she hasn't told the shrooms about it, everyone knows how she censors bad news.

A relative? Wouldn't surprise me at all. For a self-proclaimed Yuman Rites supporter, she also supports some very dodgy people who don't hesitate to trample on the genuine human rights of others.

bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:10 pm

good, the same should be done with gonçalo amaral, paulo cristóvão.
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:17 pm

My friends, with all do respect, here it is the accurate translation:

The Relation of Lisbon (court) confirms the arrest of policemen who beat German
The two agents of the PSP will have to endure four years in prison each, already in April. These news was also in the German press.

The Portuguese justice gave as proof of the assault of two police officers Adrian Grunert, a German citizen, now 28 years old. The case dates back to the summer of 2008, when then-Erasmus student was assaulted at a police station in Lisbon, after being caught traveling on a hanging electric.

In a judgment with the date of yesterday, the Express had access, the Lisbon Court of Appeal confirms the imprisonment of two agents of the PSP, which will have to endure four years in prison each, penalty applied to them in first instance by "torture" that occurred in July 2008.

Agents can begin serving the sentence already in April.

"I agree with the content of the judgment," the lawyer of the young German, Carlos Paisana. "It was clear that the only intention of the accused was to delay the implementation of the decision, resorting to legal remedies and groundless arguments," he adds.

The judgment of the Court of Appeal of Lisbon came following a request for clarification of the court's decision of March 21, filed by counsel for the defendants, Oliveira Santos, who was unreachable.
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:25 pm

They only managed to delay prison for five years. Obviously they should have had a word with Amaral and Cristovao, among others, all who seem to have managed much longer delays than that.
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:32 pm

Many thanks as always, Pedro - much better than google. smile

bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum