JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Nelson Mandela Dies at 95 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Nelson Mandela Dies at 95 - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Nelson Mandela Dies at 95 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Nelson Mandela Dies at 95 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Nelson Mandela Dies at 95 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Nelson Mandela Dies at 95 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Nelson Mandela Dies at 95 - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Nelson Mandela Dies at 95 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Nelson Mandela Dies at 95 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Nelson Mandela Dies at 95

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nelson Mandela Dies at 95 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nelson Mandela Dies at 95

Post  bb1 Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:06 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1180724/mandela-memorial-deaf-signer-was-fake

Mandela Memorial: Deaf Signer Was 'Fake'

So, how did a so-far unknown, fake signer get into such a position, only feet from so many world leaders? (I exclude the Selfie Three from that).
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:10 pm

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:13 pm

bb1 wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/1180724/mandela-memorial-deaf-signer-was-fake

Mandela Memorial: Deaf Signer Was 'Fake'

So, how did a so-far unknown, fake signer get into such a position, only feet from so many world leaders? (I exclude the Selfie Three from that).
I don't sign, but as someone who is hearing impaired I was rather bemused when I saw he was not mouthing the words as he signed; this is usually done for people like me who can read lips and use it as a backup to what we can actually hear. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:14 pm

JOHANNESBURG (AP) — Police in South Africa say retired Archbishop Desmond Tutu's home was robbed while he was away to attend a memorial honoring Nelson Mandela.

A statement Wednesday from the South African Police Service said the robbery of Tutu's home in Cape Town happened between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. Tuesday. That was the day the Nobel Peace Prize laureate and foe of apartheid spoke at the memorial service at a soccer stadium in Soweto township of Johannesburg.

The statement said: "At this stage, we cannot give further details, as the investigation into the matter is still ongoing. No arrests have been made as yet." The 82-year-old Tutu had his home robbed in August as he and his wife slept inside. Both were unhurt.

Burglaries and home-invasions frequently occur in South Africa.

What can you say? Sometimes, you despair of the human race.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:16 pm

I was rather bemused when I saw he was not mouthing the words as he signed

Now you know why! He was probably one of the waiters hired for the after-service drinkies, given the wrong badge....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:22 pm

bb1 wrote: I was rather bemused when I saw he was not mouthing the words as he signed

Now you know why! He was probably one of the waiters hired for the after-service drinkies, given the wrong badge....
From another sources, seems the whole thing was utter chaos:
JOHANNESBURG (AP) — A man who appeared to provide sign language interpretation on stage for Nelson Mandela's memorial service, attended by scores of heads of state, was a "fake," the national director of the Deaf Federation of South Africa said on Wednesday.

The scandal over the interpreter is another indication of bad organization of the historic memorial service at a huge soccer stadium on Tuesday. Other difficulties included public transportation breakdowns which hindered mourners from getting to the event and a faulty audio system that prevented many of the tens of thousands in the stadium from hearing the leaders' speeches. In an apparent security failure, police did not search the first wave of crowds arriving at the stadium.

The unidentified man seen around the world on television next to leaders including United States President Barack Obama "was moving his hands around but there was no meaning in what he used his hands for," Bruno Druchen, the federation's national director, told The Associated Press.

Collins Chabane, one of South Africa's two presidency ministers, said the government is investigating the matter but has not finished yet because it has been overwhelmed with work preparing for Mandela's funeral Sunday in his hometown of Qunu.

Four sign language experts, including Druchen, said the man was not signing in South African or American sign languages and could not have been signing in any other known sign language because there was no structure to his arm and hand movements. South African sign language covers all of the country's 11 official languages, according to the federation.

Ingrid Parkin, principal of the St. Vincent School for the Deaf in Johannesburg, said she's received complaints from the deaf community from Canada to China about the man on stage and that his movements look "like he's signing gibberish." He also used no facial expression to convey the emotions of the leaders, a key element of sign language interpretation.

"This man himself knows he cannot sign and he had the guts to stand on an international stage and do that," Parkin said. Nicole Du Toit, an official sign language interpreter who also watched the broadcast, said in a telephone interview that the man on stage purporting to sign was an embarrassment.

"It was horrible, an absolute circus, really, really bad," she said. "Only he can understand those gestures." The man also did sign interpretation at an event last year that was attended by South African President Jacob Zuma, Druchen said. At that appearance, a deaf person in the audience videotaped the event and gave it to the federation for the deaf, which analyzed the video, prepared a report about it and a submitted a formal complaint to the ANC, Druchen said.

In their complaint, the federation suggested that the man should take the five years of training needed to become a qualified sign language interpreter in South Africa. But the ANC never responded, Druchen said.

Druchen said a fresh complaint will be filed to the ANC about the interpreter he called a "fake" with a demand for an urgent meeting. "We want to make a statement that this is a warning to other sign language interpreters who are fake and go about interpreting," Druchen said. "I am hoping the South African government will take notice of this."

Bogus sign language interpreters are a problem in South Africa, because people who know a few signs try to pass themselves off as interpreters, said Parkin, the principal of the school for the deaf. And those hiring them usually don't sign, so they have no idea that the people they are hiring cannot do the job, she said.

"They advertise themselves as interpreters because they know 10 signs and they can make some quick money," said Parkin. "It is plain and simple abuse of the deaf community, they are taking advantage of the deaf community to make money."
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:58 pm

Oh, all becomes clear - why Obama was playing the fool with selfies,  the blonde PM of Denmark and Cameron:

Nelson Mandela Dies at 95 - Page 2 Article-2521910-1A06B04800000578-422_634x1002

He forgot it's actually HIM who is in charge, not George W.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2521910/Behind-scenes-photos-reveal-George-W-Bush-proudly-showing-artwork-dining-Obamas-Air-Force-One-journey-South-Africa.html
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:43 pm

There are many times I haven't like George W., but I think now that he was better than the current guy.

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:14 pm

Many Brits chuckled when George W. greeted our former PM as , Yo, Blair.

I wonder if Mr and Mrs Prez are speaking yet, or is he in danger of being the first US president to be assassinated by his own wife?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:42 pm

Yo Blair somehow seemed appropriate at the time.  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl 

Yes, I wonder if wifey has forgiven him yet. I bet she wears the pants around the house anyway.  Pcorneater 

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:06 am

Michelle Obama actually deserves praise for her restraint in public; she was If looks could kill, brought to life.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:03 pm

What's he trying to say now? Fake Mandela signer blames 'voices in his head' for gibberish interpretation that included 'prawns' and 'rocking horse'
Interpreter at memorial said he may have suffered episode on stage
Thamsanqa Jantjie said he started hearing voices in his head during event
He has apologised and said he did not know what triggered attack
It has been claimed he repeatedly signed words 'prawns' and 'donkeys'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2522398/Mandela-memorial-sign-language-fake-blames-schizophrenia-nonsense-interpretation.html

You really couldn't make it up....It's a good job Mandela was best known in later days for his forgiving nature or he'd be coming back to haunt these idiots. Though I do hope he haunts the scum that robbed Desmond Tutu.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:08 pm

lily wrote:There are many times I haven't like George W.,  but I think now that he was better than the current guy.

I always liked George W. I never thought he was half as daft as he seemed.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:12 pm

You don't all think that Obama is The President, do you? No chance. Mrs. O is in charge.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:31 pm

Unfortunately, that's almost reassuring. I was most impressed by her very obvious public displeasure without doing or saying a word in front of the cameras. There's an art to that.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:49 pm

Sabot wrote:
lily wrote:There are many times I haven't like George W.,  but I think now that he was better than the current guy.

I always liked George W.  I never thought he was half as daft as he seemed.

That became apparent to me after Obama was elected, Sabot.

Yes, Bonny. Michelle's look was very telling. He's not the messiah, he's just a very naughty boy.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2