JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
The Weather Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
The Weather Thread - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
The Weather Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
The Weather Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
The Weather Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
The Weather Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
The Weather Thread - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
The Weather Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
The Weather Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

The Weather Thread

+2
lily
bb1
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Weather Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Weather Thread

Post  lily Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:07 am

Amazing! I bet the waters still cold?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:14 am

It's bound to be, but that isn't stopping anyone...

The Weather Thread - Page 2 Article-2043617-0E28C67300000578-736_634x539

Frolicking: Students Alex Loveridge, Aimae Eleran and Cassie Gruitt enjoy the sun on Bournemouth beach on Friday

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2043617/Get-set-hottest-October-day-EVER--just-weeks-clocks-winter.html#ixzz1ZU66zR4k
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:37 am

I'm so happy that you have such lovely weather at the moment. smile

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:56 pm

The Weather Thread - Page 2 16080837

Sunseekers pack a beach in Brighton.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:59 pm

Wow, they look like they are really enjoying themselves.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:37 pm

Still scorchio Down South:

The Weather Thread - Page 2 Article-2044313-0E2DC2E000000578-601_964x348

Three guesses what it's doing further north - in the bits that don't actually need any more rain, thank you?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:31 pm

The Weather Thread - Page 2 16082022
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:14 am

Was reading about that earlier, Bonny. Doesn't sound too good?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:30 am

Heaven knows what's coming next, Lily - we haven't had a plague of locusts yet...
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:39 am

Thank goodness for that. Shocked biggrin
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:42 am

Still scorchio here too. I really can't get over this. Practically non stop sunshine since the middle of May. The odd deluge lasting no more that 24 hours, which was perfect.
I am still in shorts and T shirts.
But strangely it has been very chilly first thing, throughout. So I am not holding out high hopes for a warm Winter. But I spend a fair amount of time [when I'm not here] knitting Coats.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:15 am

Here it's been glorious, and the locals have a saying to the effect that if the walnut trees do not provide many nuts then the winter will not be a harsh one. Last year there were very few walnuts and we had quite a reasonable winter, 5 days of snows, some rain, a little ice and cold but not excessively so. This year the walnut yield has been quite small so we are living in hope that this winter will be like the last one. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:22 am

We had a dreadful summer, two days of heat and sun last week, and now we are back to wet and windy, with a hurricane forecast to be on its way followed by blizzards...

On the bright side, we have no shortage of water....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:22 am

Lamplighter wrote:Here it's been glorious, and the locals have a saying to the effect that if the walnut trees do not provide many nuts then the winter will not be a harsh one. Last year there were very few walnuts and we had quite a reasonable winter, 5 days of snows, some rain, a little ice and cold but not excessively so. This year the walnut yield has been quite small so we are living in hope that this winter will be like the last one. LL

Very few Walnuts here either, LL. And quite small, but lots of Cob Nut, although they are small as well. The Chestnut Trees are loaded but a bit too soon to tell what size.

Personally, I don't mind as I love snow. And when it is very cold I take to my bed with laptop and hot water bottle.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:25 am

bb1 wrote:We had a dreadful summer, two days of heat and sun last week, and now we are back to wet and windy, with a hurricane forecast to be on its way followed by blizzards...

On the bright side, we have no shortage of water....

I shall have to be off the nearest stream shortly as Prince Romulus won't drink tap water, and I have used up nearly all of my rainwater reserves. Again.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:31 am

Sabot wrote:
Lamplighter wrote:Here it's been glorious, and the locals have a saying to the effect that if the walnut trees do not provide many nuts then the winter will not be a harsh one. Last year there were very few walnuts and we had quite a reasonable winter, 5 days of snow, some rain, a little ice and cold but not excessively so. This year the walnut yield has been quite small so we are living in hope that this winter will be like the last one. LL

Very few Walnuts here either, LL. And quite small, but lots of Cob Nut, although they are small as well. The Chestnut Trees are loaded but a bit too soon to tell what size.

Personally, I don't mind as I love snow. And when it is very cold I take to my bed with laptop and hot water bottle.
I love Winter, after all, I am a winter baby; snow is lovely, and I do prefer to be comfortably cool rather than hot. I have a nicely heated study so I can use the PC all year round! This house is super when thewood fire is going great guns! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:20 pm

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16099560

Three Killed As Early Snowstorm Thrashes US

The Weather Thread - Page 2 16099578

An early season snow storm has killed three people and left millions of homes without power

At least three people have been killed as a rare early season snow storm hit the east coast of the US, causing traffic chaos on roads, flight delays and massive power outages.

Governors have declared states of emergency in New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts and parts of New York as the freak winter storm dumped record-breaking snow as it churned from the Mid-Atlantic to New England.
In Pennsylvania, which was worst-hit by the storm, an 84-year-old man reportedly died when a tree toppled onto his house while he slept.
Another man was electrocuted by fallen powerlines on the side of a road in Springfield, while a motorist died in a traffic accident caused by icy road conditions in Colchester.

Residents have been urged to avoid travel altogether with many roads closed and speed limits reduced across affected areas.
Dozens of planes have also been grounded with passenger's facing long delays, as the National Weather Service says high winds and more wet, heavy snow is expected.
As many as 2.7 million homes and businesses have lost power in the storm with officials warning that it could be days before it is fully restored.
"A historic October storm is still crushing New England with heavy snow and howling winds," US meteorologist Meghan Evans said on Sunday.

The Weather Thread - Page 2 16099586

Streets were empty in New York as the storm dumped record levels of snow across the city

The storm blanketed New York city's Central Park with 1.3 inches (3.3cm) of snow, breaking an 86-year-old record set on October 30, 1925, of 0.8 inches (2.3cm).
Canada's east coast is now braced for the wild weather, with forecasters predicting up to 20cm of snow for parts of southern New Brunswick.
The storm is also expected to hit south western Nova Scotia with high winds and up to 35mm of rain.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:59 pm

Snow has arrived over a lot of the UK, but someone's happy...

The Weather Thread - Page 2 650x500

Walker, a 58 stone (368 kg) polar bear, chases a plastic helmet in a pond on his third birthday at the Highland Wildlife Park in Kincraig, Scotland December 7, 2011. Walker was born in Rhenen Zoo in Holland and came to live at the Highland Wildlife Park after his aunt, Freedom, became pregnant and needed space to retire to her cubbing den. Winds of up to 70mph are expected to hit Scotland today, and snow in the Highlands is expected to be deeper than 10cm in places.

http://galleries-news.sky.com/gallery/Winter_Weather?image_id=06rgaX385O2ye
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:02 pm

What lovely photos. smile
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:07 pm

They're good, aren't they?

Did you see these hardy souls?

The Weather Thread - Page 2 650x500

Surfers in heavy seas at Longsands in Tynemouth, Tyne and Wear, as gusts of wind up to 60mph are expected across western parts of northern England. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Picture date: Wednesday December 7, 2011. See PA story WEATHER Snow. Photo credit should read: Owen Humphreys/PA Wire

Not quite the same as surfing in your part of the world, Lily rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:19 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-16068145

Scottish travel alert after red warning of 80mph winds

Transport Scotland has said there is a risk of major travel disruption in light of a Met Office red warning of wind in parts of the country.

The weather alert covers Central, Tayside, Fife, Strathclyde, south west Scotland, Lothian and the Borders.

There could be gusts of over 80mph in exposed places in the areas affected.

Transport Minister Keith Brown said it was predicted to peak around the evening rush hour and advised commuters who could leave work early to do so.

The Met Office has issued its highest level of warning over severe winds expected to affect much of central and southern Scotland from 10:00 on Thursday until 06:00 on Friday.

It said police had advised that conditions for travel would be "extremely poor" and there was the likelihood of "significant delays".

A red warning advises people to take action to prepare for the severe weather and they are only issued "a few times a year".

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

A lot of work is already under way to ensure Scotland is prepared for any likely transport disruption caused by severe winds”

Keith Brown
Transport Minister
Mr Brown said that the latest information was that the worst period was expected between 15:00 and 18:00.

"They have issued a red alert, which suggests speeds could even exceed 90mph," he said.

"As well as possible bridge closures, we need to prepare for blown over vehicles and trees."

Transport Scotland has urged the public to pay attention to any travel warnings issued by the police.

It will continue to operate its multi-agency response team for the rest of the week.

As well as traffic problems on the road and rail network it warned there could be disruption to power supplies and damage to property.

Mr Brown said: "Tomorrow looks set to be a major challenge for our transport system, commuters and the public.

"I can assure them that a lot of work is already under way to ensure Scotland is prepared for any likely transport disruption caused by severe winds."

The Met Office said there were "some uncertainties" about the exact location of the most damaging winds and advised the public to monitor its forecasts.

Much of northern and central Britain is also covered by an amber warning for high winds.

They should tend to ease from the west on Thursday night with severe gales becoming confined to north east Scotland by the early hours of Friday.

A lower-scale yellow warning of snows covering more northerly parts of Scotland is also in place for Thursday.

===============

Yes, it is a trifle breezy outside.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:00 pm

Wow! A gust up in the Highlands hit 130 mph!

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16125967

The Met Office has issued its strongest warning - a red alert - for winds in Scotland and warned parts of England and Wales to "be aware".
It said the Highland observing station at Glen Ogle reported a gust of 104mph at 11am. The Met Office later tweeted that a gust at the Aonach Mor ski area peaked at 130mph.
Police have subsequently advised all motorists to avoid travel in central Scotland this afternoon due to expected winds of 90mph.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:14 pm

Oh, that was one helluva a blast of gale just now..... Hide
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:14 pm

bb1 wrote:Wow! A gust up in the Highlands hit 130 mph!

The Met Office has issued its strongest warning - a red alert - for winds in Scotland and warned parts of England and Wales to "be aware".
It said the Highland observing station at Glen Ogle reported a gust of 104mph at 11am. The Met Office later tweeted that a gust at the Aonach Mor ski area peaked at 130mph.
Police have subsequently advised all motorists to avoid travel in central Scotland this afternoon due to expected winds of 90mph.
That is classed as a category 3 hurricane here.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:19 pm

It's raging outside now, Tony, thankfully the power has only flickered so far.

Scotland Shut Down By Snow And 151mph Gusts

I am sorry for the poor souls trying to get home from work in this, there is debris flying everywhere, and the bridges - rail bridges too - have been closed.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next