JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Gardening Thread. - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Gardening Thread. - Page 12 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Gardening Thread. - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Gardening Thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Gardening Thread. - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Gardening Thread. - Page 12 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Gardening Thread. - Page 12 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Gardening Thread. - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Gardening Thread. - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Gardening Thread.

4 posters

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Gardening Thread. - Page 12 Empty Re: Gardening Thread.

Post  lily Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:25 pm

Of course it is and it's all your fault. What were you doing before it started to hail?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:39 pm

lily wrote:Of course it is and it's all your fault.  What were you doing before it started to hail?  

Downing Large Gins in the garden. And wishing for Ice. Hahahahahah
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:41 pm

You little witch you.  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:08 pm

Gardening Thread. - Page 12 BtVjEVaIEAA_EEt

The Express means, Southern England bakes. It's quite pleasant in the rest of the country, with lots of sun in between thunderstorms and haar - fog - coming in from the sea in coastal areas.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:27 pm

Enjoy whatever pleasantness you can is what I say.  hug 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:45 am

Good Morning. The sun is shining and I have already done a days work. Holiday makers, bless them. They left me a 15 Euros tip. How kind is that. This is rare, by the way.
But I do work quite hard at this, which often involves making people feel good about themselves. You pick up family nuances, and I generally spot the one who needs it in the three generations I've had this last week. Granny, as it happens.

Back to the house again at two o'clock this afternoon. This man needs WiFi access, so I have told him he can drive past my house and use mine if he wants to, as Internet Cafes aren't in abundance around here.

Another scorcher looming.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:00 am

Another scorcher here. The weeds and grass are growing at a rate of knots so I expect the lad and his magic machine this weekend to level thbem down. No way we could 'weed' the yard as they grow here so fast, one deop of rain and the bl**dy things are knee deep!! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:29 am

Lamplighter wrote:Another scorcher here.   The weeds and grass are growing at a rate of knots so I expect the lad and his magic machine this weekend to level thbem down.   No way we could 'weed' the yard as they grow here so fast, one deop of rain and the bl**dy things are knee deep!!    LL

Absolutely everything is out of hand around here, LL. But mowing down the weeds does help. This is when the art of gardening most comes into play. You have to behead the buggers before they go to seed. This often involves mowing a bit more often than one might not want to pay for. Probably every five days, if not sooner.
But try explaining that to the client who thinks once a fortnight will do, and then complains when their garden is weed ridden.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:39 am

I am totally useless where gardening is involved. In London I had a low maintenance garden and I employed a student to keep it in good nick. I have never been garden-minded even though I grew up on a farm. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:49 am

Lamplighter wrote:I am totally useless where gardening is involved.   In London I had a low maintenance garden and I employed a student to keep it in good nick.   I have never been garden-minded even though I grew up on a farm.   LL

Do you employ your current gardener as often as you should, LL? It is only for a very few short weeks. And grass or whatever, can be cut much more quickly if it isn't knee high, so you don't have to pay as much extra as you think.

I do everything to the best of my ability and the circumstances, so I always know what I am talking about. Sadly, gardening is seen as some sort of casual labour by some idiot who hasn't got anything better to do.

There is always an art to everything. I even managed to turn Bar Maiding into an art. Not to mention cleaning lavatories.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:01 am

He's not a gardener, he's a local lad who earns a tenner just applying an electric hand held mower. Other than that, the place just stays as it is, untended. The field at the back is used rent free by a neighbor to grown wheat etc. LL

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:12 am

Lamplighter wrote:He's not a gardener, he's a local lad who earns a tenner just applying an electric hand held  mower.  Other than that, the place just stays as it is, untended.   The field at the back is used rent free by a neighbor to grown wheat etc.  LL

Do you want it to look better and a bit more weed free, LL?

Farmers get very pissed off with weeds in neighbouring gardens. It adulterates the crop. Just employ him a bit more often.

Sorry. 15 years of being treated like a thick labourer when actually the neighbours are giving me a hard time because the weed seed heads are blowing their way, is sometimes a bit much.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:30 am

Ma petite, no-one in this village have proper gardens. The distance between the houses is large as each house is in fact a smallholding. They all have weed-laden gardens, they just do as I do, get the lad to mow it. I am the only householder who does not keep chickens or any other animals, except my cats. And if I were to be truthful, I have actually zilch interest in gardens, gardening, flowers etc. Lovely in their natural state, sorry. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:46 am

Lamplighter wrote:Ma petite, no-one in this village have proper gardens.   The distance between the houses is large as each house is in fact a smallholding.    They all have weed-laden gardens, they just do as I do, get the lad to mow  it.  I am the only householder who does not keep chickens or any other animals, except my cats.     And if I were to be truthful, I have actually zilch interest in gardens, gardening, flowers etc.  Lovely in their natural state, sorry.   LL

It is pretty much like that here, LL. This is rural Brittany. Chickens and such do keep weeds under control, if any survive at all. Not that I have anything against weeds. Some of them are really useful. Occasionally.

I wuz just blowing my own trumpet after 15 years of being undervalued, and I wouldn't want your lad to feel like that because it could damage his self esteem.
Just fighting for the underdog. No lad who turns out for a tenner to cut a load of weeds, deserves to be treated like a useful convenience.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:01 am

The lad, whose name is Zoltan, is always employed to keep everyone's weeds down, he makes a good living - in the summer that is, as there is no work at all in the winter. He's a multi-tasker, he also mended my roof, tiled my reception room, paints, grouts, digs ditches for piping - in fact he is a real jack-of-all-trades. I use his services as often as I can as he has a partner and 2 kids to support. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:12 am

Lamplighter wrote:The lad, whose name is Zoltan, is always employed to keep everyone's weeds down, he makes a good living - in the summer that is, as there is no work at all in the winter.  He's a multi-tasker, he also mended my roof, tiled my reception room, paints, grouts, digs ditches for piping - in fact he is a real jack-of-all-trades.   I use his services as often as I can as he has a partner and 2 kids to support.    LL

Sounds like a good kid to me, LL. And pretty much the story of my life. But I do lack self esteem. I don't have a single qualification to my name and being an Air Mechanic in the Wrens didn't quite cut it. And Yes, it does smart a little.

However, I am sure that you do your best for your community.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:22 pm

Bugger. I really did not take to the people that have just arrived at the Holiday House. Well, the husband, actually. I smell trouble. This is so rare. But I am never wrong about this.

Absolutely no point in warning the owners as it would only worry them. I will deal with it if and when I have to.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Orange Alerte Orage, Demain. Debranchant.!!!

Bad thunderstorms tomorrow. Unplug everything.

Well, we didn't get a warning the last time, so God knows how bad this one is going to be.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:24 pm

Stay safe  hug 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Yes, Sabot. You will be fine.  hug 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:18 pm

OMG. The Outlander Series has just started on Project Free on Line. Based on the wonderful books by Diana Gabaldon.
I am just watching the first episode. The scenery is outstanding, and I feel really homesick.

I don't know which television company is doing this but it must be British as the actors so far are all British.
I have so longed to see this enacted, and to put some sort of faces and places to the names.

Must, must watch.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:28 pm

It hasn't started here yet, Sabot, though is being eagerly anticipated. I gather it's made by Starz, who hopefully won't repeat past horrors....

http://outlandertvnews.com/

Mainly made in Scotland - I didn't even know there WAS a sound stage at Cumbernauld....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-26543451

It does look good:

Gardening Thread. - Page 12 _73524365_caitrionabalfeasclairerandallandsamheughanasjamiefraserinthestarzoriginalseriesoutlanderlo_1

They don't seem to have fallen into the trap of making everyone spotlessly clean, in white linen, when they've been stumbling around the Highlands in the rain.....

Half of Scotland seems to have been an extra in it - not moi, alas! Probably wasn't an opening for a soothsaying crone.  rofl 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:33 pm

Found a trailer:

Yup, it looks excellent, especially for those of us pining for Game of Thrones, though Sky Atlantic is thoughtfully showing the whole series again from the start.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:03 pm

Thanks, Bonny. Her books are wonderful, and her research is phenomenal. You really feel as though you are there. Obviously, I will notice if it doesn't run entirely true to the books, but I don't think I care.

There is a new book out soon, but I shall wait until it comes second hand. But I hope she makes a fortune because she truly deserves it.

It can be watched on Project Free on Line from today.. You just need to Google.

I am so pleased.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:11 pm

It seems to have been a hit in the States, so hopefully, Sky Atlantic will pick it up, they get the best dramas. I will be very surprised if it DOESN'T air in the UK at some point, hopefully soon.

It looks good. Vikings is worth watching, too, if you haven't seen it already.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next