JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
'Trolls really are horrible people' EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
'Trolls really are horrible people' EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
'Trolls really are horrible people' EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
'Trolls really are horrible people' EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
'Trolls really are horrible people' EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
'Trolls really are horrible people' EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
'Trolls really are horrible people' EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
'Trolls really are horrible people' EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
'Trolls really are horrible people' EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

'Trolls really are horrible people'

+3
lily
Pedro Silva
bb1
7 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

'Trolls really are horrible people' Empty 'Trolls really are horrible people'

Post  bb1 Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:46 am

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/climate_desk/2014/02/internet_troll_personality_study_machiavellianism_narcissism_psychopathy.html

In the past few years, the science of Internet trollology has made some strides. Last year, for instance, we learned that by hurling insults and inciting discord in online comment sections, so-called Internet trolls (who are frequently anonymous) have a polarizing effect on audiences, leading to politicization, rather than deeper understanding of scientific topics.

That’s bad, but it’s nothing compared with what a new psychology paper has to say about the personalities of trolls themselves. The research, conducted by Erin Buckels of the University of Manitoba and two colleagues, sought to directly investigate whether people who engage in trolling are characterized by personality traits that fall in the so-called Dark Tetrad: Machiavellianism (willingness to manipulate and deceive others), narcissism (egotism and self-obsession), psychopathy (the lack of remorse and empathy), and sadism (pleasure in the suffering of others).

It is hard to overplay the results: The study found correlations, sometimes quite significant, between these traits and trolling behavior. What’s more, it also found a relationship between all Dark Tetrad traits (except for narcissism) and the overall time that an individual spent, per day, commenting on the Internet.

In the study, trolls were identified in a variety of ways. One was by simply asking survey participants what they “enjoyed doing most” when on online comment sites, offering five options: “debating issues that are important to you,” “chatting with others,” “making new friends,” “trolling others,” and “other.” Here’s how different responses about these Internet commenting preferences matched up with responses to questions designed to identify Dark Tetrad traits:

'Trolls really are horrible people' 140214_CDESK_MachiavellianTraits.jpg.CROP.original-original

E.E. Buckels et al, "Trolls just want to have fun," Personality and Individual Differences, 2014.
E.E. Buckels et al, "Trolls just want to have fun," Personality and Individual Differences, 2014.

To be sure, only 5.6 percent of survey respondents actually specified that they enjoyed “trolling.” By contrast, 41.3 percent of Internet users were “non-commenters,” meaning they didn’t like engaging online at all. So trolls are, as has often been suspected, a minority of online commenters, and an even smaller minority of overall Internet users.

The researchers conducted multiple studies, using samples from Amazon’s Mechanical Turk but also of college students, to try to understand why the act of trolling seems to attract this type of personality. They even constructed their own survey instrument, which they dubbed the Global Assessment of Internet Trolling, or GAIT, containing the following items:

I have sent people to shock websites for the lulz.

I like to troll people in forums or the comments section of websites.

I enjoy griefing other players in multiplayer games.

The more beautiful and pure a thing is, the more satisfying it is to corrupt.

Yes, some people actually say they agree with such statements. And again, doing so was correlated with sadism in its various forms, with psychopathy, and with Machiavellianism. Overall, the authors found that the relationship between sadism and trolling was the strongest, and that indeed, sadists appear to troll because they find it pleasurable. “Both trolls and sadists feel sadistic glee at the distress of others,” they wrote. “Sadists just want to have fun ... and the Internet is their playground!”

The study comes as websites, particularly at major media outlets, are increasingly weighing steps to rein in trollish behavior. Last year Popular Science did away with its comments sections completely, citing research on the deleterious effects of trolling, and YouTube also took measures to rein in trolling.

But study author Buckels actually isn’t sure that fix is a realistic one. “Because the behaviors are intrinsically motivating for sadists, comment moderators will likely have a difficult time curbing trolling with punishments (e.g., banning users),” she said by email. “Ultimately, the allure of trolling may be too strong for sadists, who presumably have limited opportunities to express their sadistic interests in a socially-desirable manner.”

Sadists? They must have come across that utterly repellent skankynymph hater that splatters its perversions all over #mccann.

As for corruption - yes, we've all seen how obsessed they are with trolling Madeleine's Facebook page.

Last edited by bb1 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

'Trolls really are horrible people' Empty Re: 'Trolls really are horrible people'

Post  bb1 Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:48 am

psychopathy (the lack of remorse and empathy)

Yes, that covers just about every hater.

And we've all seen them getting their LULZ from crude, frequently obscene, photoshopping.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

'Trolls really are horrible people' Empty Re: 'Trolls really are horrible people'

Post  bb1 Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:33 am

Was it not Snap Your Neck Spudgun that claimed no research was being done on trolls such as his chums?  Pcorneater 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:34 am

you antis stinks: this is for you nasty freaks:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll85u6qcv81qdezf9o1_500.gif

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:35 am

also this for you nasty people:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/23abf73fe973536583d0ccf6333fb3ae/tumblr_muwk5wSbn71rhxd21o3_r1_500.gif

the sign that you freaks are totally insane.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:44 am

Some good points on this thread:

http://stopthemyths.prophpbb.com/post216772.html#p216772

New Nasties Thread

One quote:

I've been calling them 'anti-McCann' and 'anti-Madeleine' for years, but they are actually 'Pro-abductor'.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:31 am

And to prove the point, one of Hoho's numties boasts about trolling Madeleine's FB page:

Sharon Strachan I managed to comment but its not what i said its what i implied i wonder if they have the brains or not to ban me ....... Yes people who troll GROUPS and pages are a waste of oxygen! im on a few different groups and you just KNOW when people are trolling under fake accounts! Tbh its hilarious in a way because they probably have families to look after yet sit trawling through groups and pages??! Do what i do, sit and laugh at them knowing their identities one day will be made public!

Did it give her mega-LULZ doing that?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:29 pm

Last edited by Pedro Silva on Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:41 pm

Hoho ordered her numties to leave Madeleine's page alone as their attacks on it were causing complaints; looks like that one didn't get the message.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:45 pm

bb1, that proves that numties are truly insane.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:04 pm

bb1 wrote:And to prove the point, one of Hoho's numties boasts about trolling Madeleine's FB page:

Sharon Strachan I managed to comment but its not what i said its what i implied i wonder if they have the brains or not to ban me ....... Yes people who troll GROUPS and pages are a waste of oxygen! im on a few different groups and you just KNOW when people are trolling under fake accounts! Tbh its hilarious in a way because they probably have families to look after yet sit trawling through groups and pages??! Do what i do, sit and laugh at them knowing their identities one day will be made public!

Did it give her mega-LULZ doing that?

Sounds like it but she should be the one to worry at her identity being made public one day.  Pcorneater 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:14 pm

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:45 pm

We knew that someone was bound to do a survey. Sadly, most of them won't realize that it's them who are being surveyed.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:42 pm

You're right there, Sabot. They never want to face what they are. That is that the world views them as vile and sick.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:49 pm

There is never going to be any end to this, Lily. That is, until they have all been arrested or popped their clogs. Fortunately most of them are quite old and not very healthy. And living in their shit state is not a recipe for a long life.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:02 pm

Their ignorance is only surpassed by their nastiness; doubtless their ancestors all enjoyed denouncing their poor neighbours as witches, and taking their children to public executions for a good day out.

There's a certain section of society that has always been stupid, nasty and ignorant, indeed, enjoys being like that. Unfortunately, nowadays they have keyboards, and imagine the world has to pay attention to their shrieking and pointing.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:36 pm

It's in the genes. They have all been losers for centuries. I just hope that they aren't infecting all of their children.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:38 pm

What a thought.  Shocked 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:09 pm

lily wrote:What a thought.   Shocked 

All children have two parents, Lily. Some of them escape their genes and some of them don't. This is why some of the arseholes admit that some of their children don't agree with what they do. Sadly, in these circumstances the haters think they haven't brung them up right.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:30 pm

Some of their kids must despair at them.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:15 pm

lily wrote:Some of their kids must despair at them.  

These children probably couldn't wait to get away. It was never about perfect parenting. Only about control, and guilt complexes galore. "You will support me when I am old." "I gave up my whole life for you."
Well, I didn't. Or at least I don't feel as though I did.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:36 pm

Imagine that? Sheesh. Who wants to be around that anyway?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:46 pm

They don't care about Madeleine McCann, they never did, she's just an excuse for them to vent their spleen on the world.

Even they must have noticed by now that not one person of any kind of standing in society wants anything to do with them. Doesn't that tell them anything?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:02 pm

They are not normal though, Bonny. They are pro-abductor, remember?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:06 pm

lily wrote:They are not normal though, Bonny.  They are pro-abductor, remember?  

Not sure. How many of them are Paedophiles? We have seen a few.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next