JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
'No action' against hater trolls EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
'No action' against hater trolls EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
'No action' against hater trolls EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
'No action' against hater trolls EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
'No action' against hater trolls EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
'No action' against hater trolls EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
'No action' against hater trolls EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
'No action' against hater trolls EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
'No action' against hater trolls EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

'No action' against hater trolls

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

'No action' against hater trolls Empty 'No action' against hater trolls

Post  bb1 Fri May 01, 2015 11:47 am

http://news.sky.com/story/1475870/mccann-trolls-police-wont-take-action

McCann Trolls: Police Won't Take Action
Police say some of the messages sent to the family were "extremely distasteful", but none "constituted a prosecutable offence".

No further action will be taken against dozens of people accused of directing online abuse at the family of Madeleine McCann, Sky sources have revealed.

Anti-abuse campaigners had compiled a dossier of names after becoming alarmed at the threatening nature of some tweets, posts and messages on online forums directed at Kate and Gerry McCann.

The trolls believe - despite no evidence - the McCanns had some involvement in the disappearance of their daughter in Portugal in 2007.

In a letter to the campaigners, Leicestershire Police Assistant Chief Constable Roger Bannister said: "While finding that much of the material was extremely distasteful and unpleasant in nature, it was determined that none of the messages/postings constituted a prosecutable offence."

Sky News Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said: "Leicestershire Police had spent about eight months investigating the dossier, which effectively was a catalogue of abuse tweeted and posted online elsewhere by antagonists of Kate and Gerry McCann.

"There were dozens of such individuals identified in the dossier. They had threatened violence and even death against the couple."

The online posts included words like petrol and matches, handcuffs, shooting, torture and lynching, Brunt said.

He added: "Leicestershire Police have decided after consulting with Crown Prosecutors that none of these postings constitutes a breach of the Harassment Act, the Malicious Communications Act or the Telecommunications Act."

Brunt said those who compiled the dossier have reacted with "absolute dismay" at the decision.

"They say it is tantamount to giving the trolls, as they call them, 'carte blanche' to carry on abusing the McCanns," he said.

"Although we haven't heard directly from the McCanns, I'm sure they too will be astonished, because when Sky News revealed this dossier back in September last year, Gerry McCann said such trolls should be prosecuted."

More follows...
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

'No action' against hater trolls Empty Re: 'No action' against hater trolls

Post  bb1 Fri May 01, 2015 11:50 am

An absolutely astounding decision by the police - I simply cannot imagine what they are thinking about.

"There were dozens of such individuals identified in the dossier. They had threatened violence and even death against the couple."

The online posts included words like petrol and matches, handcuffs, shooting, torture and lynching, Brunt said.

The Amaral supporters are NO different to the scum that support ISIS, White supremacists, neo-nazis or any other bottom-feeding scum.

And yes, they will indeed take this as carte blanche to take their hate campaign against Madeleine's family to another level. Scum like them always do.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri May 01, 2015 12:07 pm

Successful prosecutions have been brought against online trolls in the UK.

In September, Peter Nunn, who sent abusive Twitter messages to Labour MP Stella Creasy, was jailed for 18 weeks.

The abuse started after Ms Creasy supported a successful campaign to put the image of Jane Austen on the £10 note.

Two other people who sent abusive tweets to Ms Creasy, as well as fellow banknote campaigner Caroline Criado-Perez, were also given jail sentences last year.

Isabella Sorley, 23, was jailed for 12 weeks, and John Nimmo for eight. They both were ordered to pay £400 compensation to both victims.

In June, Jake Newsome, from Leeds, who wrote an offensive Facebook post about Ann Maguire, a teacher stabbed to death in her classroom, was jailed for six weeks.

The McCann-hating Amaral supporters have done ten times worse than that. I suspect Leicester police are going to regret this decision. And because the bottom-feeders and one-handed typists will see this as a green light to take their abuse further, it might be a good idea for the McCanns to now request police protection full time, especially for the twins.

Thank God I live in a country where normal, decent people are protected from scum like the McCann-haters.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri May 01, 2015 12:17 pm

Douglas Hall @prophonics
#mccann Terrible news for Goncalo, lets hope a tragic accident befalls the McCanns and they die

Is that acceptable to Leicester Police?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri May 01, 2015 12:23 pm

urcrazy wrote:
Some git called Mike McGowan spamming all over fb with this:

Someone really needs to get to the twins and tell them the truth before they're brainwashed. If they haven't been already. Don't they have any aunts, uncles, grandparents or cousins who want to blow the whistle? Surely the scumbags couldn't have bribed their whole family, could they? Or are they like loads of other naive fools who believe every lie these scumbags spin every minute of every single fekcing day! I honestly didn't think it was possible to hate someone you've never met, but I really do hope they both die a very slow and painful death. How the F@ do they sleep at night?

Are this week's threats to the twins acceptable to Leicester Police? Shame on them!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri May 01, 2015 12:28 pm

Online carlymichelle

Re: Leicestershire Police confirm no prosecutions over McCann abuse dossier.
« Reply #9 on: Today at 12:20:00 PM »
its common  sense  really  older   people dont like the internet  because it allows   freedom of speech so why do they read the stuff that upsets them

Chucky must be about ninety then, as she has a long, long record of trying to shut down sites and blogs she doesn't like. Hahau Hahau Hahau Hahau Hahau Hahau Hahau Hahau Hahau Hahau
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri May 01, 2015 12:40 pm

This must be acceptable to Leicester police:

David Buff Moore ® ‏@buffmoore 4m4 minutes ago
#mccann getting £350k payout absolute joke pair is the deserve to be burnt alive.

'No action' against hater trolls Buff10

If some racist PoS said that about, say, a Muslim family, they would be behind bars before they knew it.

But it's acceptable for Amaral supporters to make sickening threats to the family of a missing child?

Shame on Leicester Police for giving these people a green light!

If I were the McCann family, I would now be asking Leicester Police for round-the-clock protection, especially for the twins, as these scumbags have now been given the nod of approval.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri May 01, 2015 12:50 pm

Worth remembering that Leicester Police are already in hot water for NOT taking action when they should have done:

Police to be investigated over Greville Janner child abuse allegations
By Ciaranfagan | Posted: April 30, 2015

Leicestershire Police's handling of the Greville Janner child abuse allegations is to be investigated by the Independent Police Complaints Commission, (IPCC).

The official police watchdog announced today it was to examine how the Leicestershire force conducted a number of inquiries into the politician.

Leicestershire detectives have carried out four investigations into the former city MP, the first three in 1991, 2002, 2007.

The most recent investigation led to the controversial decision earlier this month by the Crown Prosecution Service to not charge him with any offences because of his ill-health.

Looks like the revolting McCann-hating, Amaral-supporting trolls have been let off the hook by the same police force as covered up for Jenner.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri May 01, 2015 1:00 pm

Jim Gamble @JimGamble_INEQE · 2 hrs 2 hours ago
A good day for #Trolls a bad day for #Policing & a worse day for #Victims
Lots of questions for @leicspolice & @cpsuk
http://news.sky.com/story/1475870/mccann-trolls-will-not-be-prosecuted

========

Follow

gojam
‏@gojam_i_am
1/2 @JimGamble_INEQE @leicspolice @cpsuk It's a decision that will lead to worse online & inevitably 'real world' crime. It is only natural
Reply Retweet Favourite

gojam ‏@gojam_i_am 1h1 hour ago
2/2 @JimGamble_INEQE @leicspolice @cpsuk that if victims have no protection in law then escalation will occur. Sad but true.

Exactly. I am utterly horrified and sickened by the irresponsibility shown - not for the first time - by Leicestershire Police.

They've opened the gates of Hell, not just for the McCann family (especially the children) but for all the other people who have been abused, harrassed, attacked and stalked on social media.

No point looking to the police in England for help if they won't even stir themselves to do anything about threats to kill the families of missing children.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri May 01, 2015 1:10 pm

Jim Gamble retweeted
Henry Platten @Henry_Platten · 12 mins 12 minutes ago
.@JimGamble_INEQE Victims need support and confidence that their distress will be given a voice

And victims have now been silenced by this bizarre decision.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri May 01, 2015 2:32 pm

I wonder how long it will take before they have to change their minds?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri May 01, 2015 2:47 pm

A lot of people are gobsmacked at this, Lily. It runs contrary to EVERYTHING that has been being done to stop abuse on the internet. And as was said by others, it is a very sad day for the victims.

I seriously fear for the safety of the McCann family, especially the twins, now the police have given a green light to these despicable people to step up their hate campaign.

I see from a link posted on Injustice that Leicestershire police have 'previous' for ignoring victims - and not just in the Janner business:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/sep/28/pilkington-inquest-ruling

At a press conference following the verdict, Leicestershire police apologised to the family for what went wrong and said it had instituted a series of changes, including training for officers to better recognise vulnerability.

The force's temporary chief constable, Chris Eyre, said he wanted to offer "an unreserved apology to the family, the community and the wider public".
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri May 01, 2015 2:58 pm

There may be enough pressure soon enough because of this for them to do an about turn.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri May 01, 2015 3:00 pm

I hope so, Lily. I hope people with a bit of clout, like Gamble and various Victim Support Groups, kick up Hell about this. It's an appalling, illogical decision, and is setting a precedent that goes far beyond the McCanns.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri May 01, 2015 3:05 pm

They will also be setting themselves up for some lawsuits.  Why even go there?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri May 01, 2015 3:19 pm

I've just seen Brunt talking about this on Sky; I don't think we have heard the last of this bizarre decision by the police, as it has so many terrifying implications.

It's virtually handing social media over to mob rule.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri May 01, 2015 3:45 pm

Are those police so lazy they can't be bothered?  That's what it looks like from here and yes, it is handing it over to mob rule.

What will the Home Secy say to that?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri May 01, 2015 3:49 pm

We haven't got a Home Secretary right now, Lily, and may not have one for some weeks if they all start fighting about who won the election.

But I would suggest that the next one, makes taking action against abusive scum on social media a priority.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri May 01, 2015 3:52 pm

There is no question that they will have to do something about it.  Mob rule is never a good idea.......
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri May 01, 2015 5:42 pm

OMG! It seems the police didn't even bother talking to any of the hater trolls. It gets worse and worse.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri May 01, 2015 5:51 pm

Interesting piece from some woman that writes for the Telegraph; the law is indeed behind the times. And the hater trolls, and other internet bottom feeders, will indeed see this as a reason to be even more vile.

Leicestershire Police have let victims of internet bullying EVERYWHERE down - very badly.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri May 01, 2015 6:44 pm

Good question from someone on Injustice - what's the difference between Laffinthug and the rest of the haters? Are they speshul?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/248474/Vile-troll-s-warning-to-McCanns

Vile troll's warning to McCanns
AN INTERNET troll warned over vile messages about Madeleine McCann’s parents last night boasted: “The only way to shut me up is to jail me or kill me.”

Facebook

By Tracey Kandohla / Published 29th April 2012
Clarence Mitchell with Gerry McCannClarence Mitchell with Gerry McCann
It is vile abuse, very upsetting for all concerned, and must be stopped. Thankfully, the police are now involved
A McCann source
Sean Hyland, 50, was cautioned last year over hateful remarks he made about Kate and Gerry McCann and their spokesman.

But when we confronted him he vowed to carry on with his campaign of sick comments.

The steel worker insisted he was “no conspiracy nut” but he could face fresh police action if he continues with his messages.

Hyland posted offensive comments and also left messages on the answerphone of McCann spokesman Clarence Mitchell.

He branded the dad-of-three “a defender of kiddie killers”, “a pathetic pervert”, “a prat” and doctors Kate and Gerry “quacks”.

In one online message he threatened: “We’re not reactive, we’re proactive, we’re attacking you.”

And in another Hyland wrote: “I think the messages I left 4 Clarence Mitchell on his answerphone have rattled him.”

Mr Mitchell, from North Finchley, London, first reported the malicious communication to his local police.

A McCann source said: “It is vile abuse, very upsetting for all concerned, and must be stopped. Thankfully, the police are now involved.”

Scotland Yard officers asked for help from colleagues in Humberside who cover the area where Hyland lives.

A Met spokesman said: “The matter was dealt with by way of a first instance harassment warning being served on the suspect a month later.

“As yet, no further action has been taken.”

A Humberside Police source said: “There has been a formal complaint and he has now been warned.”

But in the week Scotland Yard detectives reviewing the case claimed Madeleine might still be alive, Hyland continued his rantings.

He said: “I’m still convinced Clarence Mitchell is lying on behalf of Kate and Gerry McCann.

“My theory is the child died and her parents are involved in hiding her body and they are using the Government and taxpayers’ money to evade justice. The McCanns repulse me, Clarence Mitchell is a liar and the only way to shut me up is to put me in jail or kill me.

“I’m not the sharpest knife in the block but I’m not the village idiot. I am no conspiracy nut.”

Kate, 44, and Gerry, 43, face the agonising fifth anniversary of their daughter’s disappearance from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on Thursday.

The couple, from Rothley, Leics, are convinced their daughter, who would be nine, is still alive.

Mr Mitchell said: “The matter is in the hands of the police and I cannot comment.”

'No action' against hater trolls Laffin10
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri May 01, 2015 6:55 pm

Numty making threats about the cycling fundraiser:

Michael Shaw The route may be lined with people booing if latest events have incensed people too much.

They don't seem to grasp that normal, decent people support Madeleine and her family - unlike them.

But I hope Leicestershire Police are aware that they have given these creatures the green light to abuse and harrass.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri May 01, 2015 6:56 pm

Keith O Neill I hope for once our country does the right thing,what the people want,when these 2 scummy filth are found guilty that they bring back public hanging to mark the celebration,because I know ill be there to watch it!!
!

That OK with Leicestershire police? Nothing in that that indicates that the sicko writer has mental health issues - to put it politely?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri May 01, 2015 7:00 pm

Emma Surgenor Might sign up for the bike ride.

Diane Morton maybe lots of people lined up on the route ?? makes me sick

Emma Surgenor Rotten tomatoes at the ready Diane.

Such nice people, these Amaral supporters.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next