JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
One of Henry V's great warships discovered in Hampshire EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
One of Henry V's great warships discovered in Hampshire EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
One of Henry V's great warships discovered in Hampshire EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
One of Henry V's great warships discovered in Hampshire EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
One of Henry V's great warships discovered in Hampshire EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
One of Henry V's great warships discovered in Hampshire EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
One of Henry V's great warships discovered in Hampshire EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
One of Henry V's great warships discovered in Hampshire EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
One of Henry V's great warships discovered in Hampshire EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

One of Henry V's great warships discovered in Hampshire

3 posters

Go down

One of Henry V's great warships discovered in Hampshire Empty Re: One of Henry V's great warships discovered in Hampshire

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:49 am

One of Henry V's great warships discovered in Hampshire 2D525FD800000578-3268751-image-m-2_1444642262719

I swear I watched something about this over the weekend....I think it was a Time Team....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

One of Henry V's great warships discovered in Hampshire Empty Re: One of Henry V's great warships discovered in Hampshire

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:53 am

Ah, I did!

http://www.historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1000061

Further excavations are recorded in 1874 and 1899. The site was re-investigated in 1933, and again in 1980-5. In 2004, a visit by Time Team television archaeologists with a team from Southampton University excavated part of the Grace Dieu underwater. New sonar technology was trialled on the site and excavation went ahead at the stern, uncovering hull timbers and demonstrating that longer planking was used in her construction than at first thought

Thank goodness! I would hate to have imagined Sir Baldrick in a wetsuit.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:07 pm

This is the one that was known about:

http://sotonopedia.wikidot.com/page-browse:grace-dieu

One of Henry V's great warships discovered in Hampshire Gracedieu3
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

One of Henry V's great warships discovered in Hampshire Empty King Henry VIII ship found

Post  Pedro Silva Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:52 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:50 pm

That's so good Pedro.   Thanks.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:54 pm

The pics here are good, too, Pedro:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3270065/The-ship-sank-France-s-buried-mud-English-river-pride-Henry-V-s-fleet-wrought-bloody-mayhem-oldest-enemy.html

One of Henry V's great warships discovered in Hampshire 2D4C1EB900000578-3270065-image-a-9_1444689922843

The Holy Ghost may be better preserved than the Grace Dieu, as it's right in the mud.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:07 pm

My friends, your words are mine.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:07 pm

This is just wonderful especially as it comes hot on the heels of the scepter.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:17 pm

One of Henry V's great warships discovered in Hampshire Mgracedieu

Found that - from memory, it's one of the Time Team sketches of what all of them would have looked like. I would have paid more attention when I watched the dive on the remains of the Grace Dieu if I'd known more were going to turn up the very next day...

Long story short, the remains of that ship which are best preserved are the ones down in the mud, not the ones that have been exposed to daylight over the centuries, so with any luck, there is a lot of the Holy Ghost in one piece.

There will certainly be a lot of medieval artifacts in whatever is left.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:26 pm

How thrilling!  Can't wait.  smile
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:29 pm

Yes, it's always been known that the Grace Dieu was there, part of it can be seen at low tide, Lily. It's the rest of them that had vanished from history....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:31 pm

Such a wonderful story too.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:54 pm

Something else gets found:

http://news.sky.com/story/1569273/sodom-has-biblical-city-of-sin-been-found

Sodom: Has Biblical City Of Sin Been Found?
Despite evidence of formidable defences, life in the massive city appears to have mysteriously come to an abrupt halt

One of Henry V's great warships discovered in Hampshire Tall-el-hammam-1-736x414

I watched - again - a documentary about the disappearance of the two cities; the conclusion was that the only Higher Power involved was Vulcan, because the 'fire and brimstone' was debris from Santorini exploding.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:02 pm

Thanks Bonny.  That is really good to hear.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:10 pm

Another possibility mentioned sometimes is that it was a meteorite strike - I think that would be Zeus' department?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:12 pm

Yes indeed, Bonny.   biggrin
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down