Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum


Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  bb1 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:02 pm

She obviously doesn't think police should be criticised for things like, oh, shooting Brazilian electricians attempting to use the Tube. You can just imagine her grassing neighbours she doesn't like to the secret police.

_________________
__________________________

Few will weep tears for Amaral, seeing an angry man locked up in his own bitter and baseless theories
. -Neil Tweedie, Daily Mail, of the McCanns' tormentor Gonzo.
avatar
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Location : watcher on the wall
Join date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  lily on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:04 pm

Definitely, Bonny. Little snitch. mad
avatar
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Join date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  bb1 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:55 am

Some interesting posts and links here:

http://www.stopthemyths.info/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=8241&start=75

Re: ARTICLE - CONSPIRACY THEORISTS ...SPOT ON !

Sample:



It is, IMO, very telling that haters seem to think journos can't read, and that reporters can't see them openly organising hatespam whenever the McCanns are in the media.

_________________
__________________________

Few will weep tears for Amaral, seeing an angry man locked up in his own bitter and baseless theories
. -Neil Tweedie, Daily Mail, of the McCanns' tormentor Gonzo.
avatar
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Location : watcher on the wall
Join date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  bb1 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:09 am

N.M ‏@AdirenM 1h1 hour ago
Portugal has been an underdog in this #McCann business, and I don't see a way out to outcome the historic subservience to UK after Napoleon.
0 retweets 0 likes



The Duke of Wellington must have been IN IT. yernuts

_________________
__________________________

Few will weep tears for Amaral, seeing an angry man locked up in his own bitter and baseless theories
. -Neil Tweedie, Daily Mail, of the McCanns' tormentor Gonzo.
avatar
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Location : watcher on the wall
Join date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  bb1 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:19 am

Internet trolls are 'sadistic psychopaths who get a kick out of abusing people online': Video reveals the traits that cause people to post mean comments on the web
A new video reveals the science behind what makes internet trolls tick
Around 6% of internet users self-identify as trolls or say they enjoy trolling
They display 'dark' psychological traits and more antisocial behaviour



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3408616/Internet-trolls-sadistic-psychopaths-kick-abusing-people-online-Video-reveals-traits-cause-people-post-mean-comments-web.html#ixzz3xsQE40dN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Sounds just like the McCann-haters.

_________________
__________________________

Few will weep tears for Amaral, seeing an angry man locked up in his own bitter and baseless theories
. -Neil Tweedie, Daily Mail, of the McCanns' tormentor Gonzo.
avatar
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Location : watcher on the wall
Join date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  Sabot on Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:37 am

bb1 wrote:N.M ‏@AdirenM  1h1 hour ago
Portugal has been an underdog in this #McCann business, and I don't see a way out to outcome the historic subservience to UK after Napoleon.
0 retweets 0 likes



The Duke of Wellington must have been IN IT. yernuts

Wot? Napoleon might have been good for France, and I think he was. But like every other megalomaniac, he pushed his luck too far.
But even the third world worries about Portugal and it's Fascist State.
avatar
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Location : Bretagne
Join date : 2011-06-24
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  bb1 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:45 am

I have actually thought for a while that the likes of Morais and their ilk still resent the fact that Portugal needed Wellington's help to dislodge Napoleon from their territory, Sabot. It wasn't exactly Portugal's finest hour:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Portugal_(1807)

_________________
__________________________

Few will weep tears for Amaral, seeing an angry man locked up in his own bitter and baseless theories
. -Neil Tweedie, Daily Mail, of the McCanns' tormentor Gonzo.
avatar
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Location : watcher on the wall
Join date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  Sabot on Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:01 pm

bb1 wrote:I have actually thought for a while that the likes of Morais and their ilk still resent the fact that Portugal needed Wellington's help to dislodge Napoleon from their territory, Sabot. It wasn't exactly Portugal's finest hour:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Portugal_(1807)

I didn't know that, but it doesn't surprise me. I shall read that link later.

What I have to say about Morais is unprintable.
avatar
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Location : Bretagne
Join date : 2011-06-24
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  Lamplighter on Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:05 pm

Sour grapes?  Taks
en from th 8th Duke's obituary - all those Portuguese titles and the land that goes with them?    LL
Apart from his British titles, Wellington held the hereditary titles of 8th Prince of Waterloo (Prins van Waterloo) of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and Duke of the Victory (Duque da Vitória) of the former Kingdom of Portugal with its subsidiary titles Marquis of Torres Vedras (Marquês de Torres Vedras) and Count of Vimeiro (Conde de Vimeiro). These were granted to the first Duke as victory titles for his distinguished services as victorious commanding general in the Peninsular War (in Spain and Portugal), and at the Battle of Waterloo (in what is now Belgium).

The 8th Duke of Wellington was also the 9th Duke of Ciudad Rodrigo (Duque de Ciudad Rodrigo) of the Kingdom of Spain, but on 10 March 2010 he ceded the Spanish Dukedom to his eldest child, Charles Wellesley, Marquess of Douro. In accordance with Spanish procedure, Lord Douro petitioned formal claim to the title with the Spanish authorities.    King Juan Carlos of Spain, through his Minister, granted the succession of the dukedom to Douro by Royal Decree on 21 May 2010, reported officially in the Official State Gazette for 12 June 2010.


Last edited by Lamplighter on Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Location : I am the Judge, Jury and Executioner
Join date : 2011-06-24
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  Sabot on Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:18 pm

Lamplighter wrote:Sour grapes?  Takn from th 8th Duke's obituary - all those Portuguese titles and the land that goes with them?    LL
Apart from his British titles, Wellington held the hereditary titles of 8th Prince of Waterloo (Prins van Waterloo) of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and Duke of the Victory (Duque da Vitória) of the former Kingdom of Portugal with its subsidiary titles Marquis of Torres Vedras (Marquês de Torres Vedras) and Count of Vimeiro (Conde de Vimeiro). These were granted to the first Duke as victory titles for his distinguished services as victorious commanding general in the Peninsular War (in Spain and Portugal), and at the Battle of Waterloo (in what is now Belgium).

The 8th Duke of Wellington was also the 9th Duke of Ciudad Rodrigo (Duque de Ciudad Rodrigo) of the Kingdom of Spain, but on 10 March 2010 he ceded the Spanish Dukedom to his eldest child, Charles Wellesley, Marquess of Douro. In accordance with Spanish procedure, Lord Douro petitioned formal claim to the title with the Spanish authorities.    King Juan Carlos of Spain, through his Minister, granted the succession of the dukedom to Douro by Royal Decree on 21 May 2010, reported officially in the Official State Gazette for 12 June 2010.

Thanks, LL. Seriously impassive stuff.

But Napoleon did do great things for France. At least, I think he did. Although I could be wrong about this.

My only problem is in discovering which bloody Napoleon did what. And even the French don't know. Seriously, they don't.
avatar
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Location : Bretagne
Join date : 2011-06-24
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  lily on Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:34 pm

The Napoleonic Wars were my favorite part of history at school. smile
avatar
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Join date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  Sabot on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:13 pm

lily wrote:The Napoleonic Wars were my favorite part of history at school. smile

But there is so much more to Napoleon, whichever one. I don't know which Napoleon canalised The Blavet, and nor does anyone else around here, because I asked. Or even if it mattered. Except to the Salmon that now leap, after they cleaned up the shit.
I saw that when they shut down various stretches, mostly cleaned up by people on Benefits.

In fact I sometimes wonder if they even know that there was more than one Napoleon, although I am not sure of how many there were either.

So which one fought The Napoleonic Wars?
avatar
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Location : Bretagne
Join date : 2011-06-24
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  lily on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:23 pm

Napoleon Bonapart - the Emperor.  

http://www.britannica.com/event/Napoleonic-Wars

We cannot mention the Napoleonic Wars without this

avatar
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Join date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  bb1 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:32 pm

I think the first one was the only one that ever actually did much, Sabot? It's a great pity he hadn't confined himself to stopping the Revolutionary massacres and sorting out the chaos in France.

Instead of making the always-fatal, but oft-repeated, mistake of thinking he could rule the whole of Europe and much of Russia.

Oh, apologies, I see his nephew, number three, did stuff, too....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_III

_________________
__________________________

Few will weep tears for Amaral, seeing an angry man locked up in his own bitter and baseless theories
. -Neil Tweedie, Daily Mail, of the McCanns' tormentor Gonzo.
avatar
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Location : watcher on the wall
Join date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  Sabot on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:39 pm

bb1 wrote:I think the first one was the only one that ever actually did much, Sabot? It's a great pity he hadn't confined himself to stopping the Revolutionary massacres and sorting out the chaos in France.

Instead of making the always-fatal, but oft-repeated, mistake of thinking he could rule the whole of Europe and much of Russia.

Oh, apologies, I see his nephew, number three, did stuff, too....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_III

Thanks, Bonny. But which one was insane enough to take on Russia in the middle of Winter? That might help.

I am currently up to my neck in War and Peace, although I did once read The Book, and was left totally addled. So this is one time when Television might help me.
avatar
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Location : Bretagne
Join date : 2011-06-24
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  bb1 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:45 pm

The first one, Sabot......

_________________
__________________________

Few will weep tears for Amaral, seeing an angry man locked up in his own bitter and baseless theories
. -Neil Tweedie, Daily Mail, of the McCanns' tormentor Gonzo.
avatar
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Location : watcher on the wall
Join date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  Lamplighter on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:47 pm

Thanks, Bonny. But which one was insane enough to take on Russia in the middle of Winter?
Napoleon Bonaparte aka Emperor Napoleon 1.   Did you know the Swedish Royal family is directly descended from one of Napoleon 1's generals, Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte?   LL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Bernadotte
avatar
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Location : I am the Judge, Jury and Executioner
Join date : 2011-06-24
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  lily on Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:39 pm

I loved the Palace of Fontainebleau so much. There is a hat belonging to Napoleon and the letter of exile on his desk. I thought they were really interesting.
avatar
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Join date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  Sabot on Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:41 pm

bb1 wrote:The first one, Sabot......

That helps a bit. I thought that one was just involved in turning France into a Republic. So he got a bit carried away then. Was it him that finished up in Elba? Or was it St. Elaina?

Who cares? I have never been a Republican, but I don't really mind all that much.

The real hoot was Hitler trying the same thing. But on two fronts, as well. Those whom The Gods wish to destroy. You all know the rest.
avatar
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Location : Bretagne
Join date : 2011-06-24
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  bb1 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:50 pm

Elba and St Helena, Sabot.

After his first overthrow, he was exiled to Elba but failing to behave himself, he escaped and raised another army in France - which got slaughtered at Waterloo.

After that, he was sent to St Helena, for good.

Astoundingly, Napoleon actually thought the British were going to exile him in a nice country house in England....

_________________
__________________________

Few will weep tears for Amaral, seeing an angry man locked up in his own bitter and baseless theories
. -Neil Tweedie, Daily Mail, of the McCanns' tormentor Gonzo.
avatar
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Location : watcher on the wall
Join date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:10 pm

bb1 wrote:Elba and St Helena, Sabot.

After his first overthrow, he was exiled to Elba but failing to behave himself, he escaped and raised another army in France - which got slaughtered at Waterloo.

After that, he was sent to St Helena, for good.

Astoundingly, Napoleon actually thought the British were going to exile him in a nice country house in England....

In fairness that was the tradition. Provided the individual concerned was the "right sort of chap" - i.e. an aristo.

But Napoleon was from a relatively modest Corsican family.

He was a brilliant general and military strategist and Wellington (another brilliant general) did have a fair amount of luck at Waterloo.

Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Join date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  bb1 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:23 pm

Ah. So, it was nothing to do with the invading, making war, raising armies, etc, Jean-Pierre? He didn't get his country manor because he was definitely still below the salt, even if he called himself an Emperor?

Sounds about right!

_________________
__________________________

Few will weep tears for Amaral, seeing an angry man locked up in his own bitter and baseless theories
. -Neil Tweedie, Daily Mail, of the McCanns' tormentor Gonzo.
avatar
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Location : watcher on the wall
Join date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  Lamplighter on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:27 pm

What saved Wellington's hide at Waterloo was General von Blücher and his Prussian troops. LL
After Napoleon’s return in 1815, Blücher took command of the Prussian Army of the Lower Rhine and coordinated his force with that of the British and Allied forces under the Duke of Wellington. At the Battle of Ligny, his horse was shot from underneath him and he was severely injured, and the Prussians sustained a serious defeat and retreated. After recovering, Blücher resumed command and joined Wellington at the Battle of Waterloo, with the intervention of Blücher's army playing a decisive role in the final Allied victory.
Try watching the film 'Waterloo' in a cinema in Koblenz - the chanting "Blücher, Blücher, Blücher komm!" as the Prussians came over the hill from the German audience totally drowned out the soundtrack. Rod Steiger played Napoleon and Christopher Plummer the Duke of Wellington. LL
avatar
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Location : I am the Judge, Jury and Executioner
Join date : 2011-06-24
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:29 pm

bb1 wrote:Ah. So, it was nothing to do with the invading, making war, raising armies, etc, Jean-Pierre? He didn't get his country manor because he was definitely still below the salt, even if he called himself an Emperor?

Sounds about right!

Nowt wrong with a bit of empire building if you came from the right family and went to the right school, as well you know Bonny.

But definitely not acceptable for a jumped up little oik like Bonaparte. He was from CORSICA for gods sake. He was lucky to get St Helena.


Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Join date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  bb1 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Oddly, I re-watched that not long ago, LL. I didn't know Prussians joined in with it!

I suppose you can't blame the real royals for thinking Napoleon was just a bit uppity:



Crowning yourself never really impresses people.

_________________
__________________________

Few will weep tears for Amaral, seeing an angry man locked up in his own bitter and baseless theories
. -Neil Tweedie, Daily Mail, of the McCanns' tormentor Gonzo.
avatar
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Location : watcher on the wall
Join date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitter pledges to clamp down on trolls

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum