JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
EU referendum set for June 23rd - Page 25 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
EU referendum set for June 23rd - Page 25 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
EU referendum set for June 23rd - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
EU referendum set for June 23rd - Page 25 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
EU referendum set for June 23rd - Page 25 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
EU referendum set for June 23rd - Page 25 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
EU referendum set for June 23rd - Page 25 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
EU referendum set for June 23rd - Page 25 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
EU referendum set for June 23rd - Page 25 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

EU referendum set for June 23rd

+3
Lamplighter
lily
bb1
7 posters

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

EU referendum set for June 23rd - Page 25 Empty Re: EU referendum set for June 23rd

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:23 am

EU referendum set for June 23rd - Page 25 Cl54exLWYAAVQdE
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

EU referendum set for June 23rd - Page 25 Empty Re: EU referendum set for June 23rd

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:03 am

Is it me, or has Osborne snatched the crown from Boris? Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:44 am

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-26/civil-uprising-escalates-8th-eu-nation-threatens-referendum

Civil Uprising Escalates As 8th EU Nation Threatens Referendum

An interesting piece about the rumbles of discontent in the rest of the EU.

But now, as Martin Armstrong notes, Brussels simply went too far. They cross the line moving from an economic union to a political subordination of Europe. Now eight more countries want to hold referendums to exit the EU – France, Holland, Italy, Austria, Finland, Hungary, Portugal, and Slovakia all could leave.

With Hollande's approval rating at about 11%, and Merkel lucky she is not tarred & feathered, the Front National leader Marine Le Pen has pledged to hold a French referendum. Hollande rejected Le Pen's call for a refendum today during their meeting; prompting the following from the leader of France's far-right National Front party:

That, IMO, cuts to the heart of it. As soon as the EU stopped being a trading group, and started meddling in member states' internal politics, as some kind of Holy European Empire with Merkel as Empress, the fuse was lit on a clusterf*ck.

Instead of expecting everyone else to change, how about the EU reforms itself?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:47 am

June 27th, 2016
Gyurcsány: Orbán must rethink approach to Europe in wake of Brexit
By Hungary Matters

Prime Minister Viktor Orbán has to rethink his approach to the European Union in light of Britain’s decision to quit the bloc, Ferenc Gyurcsány, leader of the Democratic Coalition (DK) party, said. Orbán should consider if it is really worth weakening the already frail European unity by pursuing anti-refugee policies for the sake of an extra few hundred thousand votes, Gyurcsány said at a session of the Community of Democratic Representatives, an organisation within his party. Commenting on Brexit, the former prime minister warned against the danger of conflating politics with history, saying that politicians who do this may end up winning elections but at the cost of losing the country. “This is the big lesson to be learned from Brexit,” he said.

Gyurcsány called on Orbán to withdraw Hungary’s planned referendum on migrant quotas Drawing a parallel between the outcome of the British vote and Hungary’s migrant quota referendum, Gyurcsány warned that “political posturing” would lead to Hungary getting kicked out of the EU. “If the Hungarian prime minister keeps saying that the EU is a bad place then it’s pointless for him to publish an ad in a British paper,” he said, referring to Orbán’s advertisement campaigning for the remain vote published in the Daily Mail earlier this week. He said those who envision a free, prosperous world, have to make it especially clear right now that they are pro-European, adding that Hungarians, too, can be “good Europeans”. Instead of creating tension, “we need to be pushing for peace,” he said.
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:50 am

He said those who envision a free, prosperous world, have to make it especially clear right now that they are pro-European,

But the EU is neither free nor prosperous - go and ask the Greeks. IMO, it's more like the Soviet Union-lite, complete with its own smug, privileged nomenklatura.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:20 pm

((( Neil Lovatt )))
‏@neiledwardlovat
Sturgeon chuckles at the “deeply damaging and painful consequences” of a #Brexit

https://youtu.be/dXTC_cJpTP0

A #Scoff will make it worse

She did that very thing. I won't be surprised if, years from now, it's revealed that elements of the current SNP are in someone's pocket; they bear NO resemblance to the steady, responsible leaders of years past, who genuinely did care about Scotland and the Scots.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:06 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-referendum-result-latest-news-democracy-vote-consequences-a7105481.html

Brexit reminds us some things are too important to be decided by the people

'Let them eat quinoa'. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:18 pm

EU referendum set for June 23rd - Page 25 Voting-security-overview-3-728
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:25 pm

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/683739/EU-referendum-German-French-European-superstate-Brexit

European SUPERSTATE to be unveiled: EU nations 'to be morphed into one' post-Brexit

EUROPEAN political chiefs are to take advantage of Brexit by unveiling their long-held plan to morph the continent’s countries into one GIANT SUPERSTATE, it has emerged today.

By NICK GUTTERIDGE
PUBLISHED: 11:01, Mon, Jun 27, 2016 | UPDATED: 14:12, Mon, Jun 27, 2016

The foreign ministers of France and Germany are due to reveal a blueprint to effectively do away with individual member states in what is being described as an “ultimatum”.

Under the radical proposals EU countries will lose the right to have their own army, criminal law, taxation system or central bank, with all those powers being transferred to Brussels.

Controversially member states would also lose what few controls they have left over their own borders, including the procedure for admitting and relocating refugees.

The plot has sparked fury and panic in Poland - a traditional ally of Britain in the fight against federalism - after being leaked to Polish news channel TVP Info.

The public broadcaster reports that the bombshell proposal will be presented to a meeting of the Visegrad group of countries - made up of Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia - by German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier later today.

Excerpts of the nine-page report were published today as the leaders of Germany, France and Italy met in Berlin for Brexit crisis talks.

In the preamble to the text the two ministers write: "Our countries share a common destiny and a common set of values ??that give rise to an even closer union between our citizens. We will therefore strive for a political union in Europe and invite the next Europeans to participate in this venture."

The revelations come just days after Britain shook the Brussels establishment by voting to leave the European Union in a move some have predicted could leave to the break-up of the EU.

A number of member states are deeply unhappy about the creeping federalism of the European project with anti-EU sentiments running high in eastern Europe, Scandinavia and France.

Responding to the plot Polish Foreign Minister Witold Waszczykowski raged: "This is not a good solution, of course, because from the time the EU was invented a lot has changed.

“The mood in European societies is different. Europe and our voters do not want to give the Union over into the hands of technocrats.

“Therefore, I want to talk about this, whether this really is the right recipe right now in the context of a Brexit."

There are deep divides at the heart of the EU at the moment over how to proceed with the project in light of the Brexit vote.

Some figures have cautioned against trying to force through further political integration, warning that to do so against the wishes of the European people will only fuel further Eurosceptic feeling.

What, Poland isn't happy about a European superstate run by Germany? But it worked so well last time./sarc
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:27 pm

A few weeks before the Brexit vote European Council president Donald Tusk warned that European citizens did not share the enthusiasm of some of their leaders for “a utopia of Europe without conflicting interests and ambitions, a utopia of Europe imposing its own values on the external world, a utopia of Euro-Asian unity”.

They would be able to sell that nightmare, sorry, paradise, to Generation Facebook without any trouble - just tell them #love wins and sing Imagine. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:38 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1718315/cameron-no-article-50-at-this-stage

Cameron: No Article 50 'At This Stage'

From what's being said in Parliament today, I suspect that the UK is going to go for the Norwegian model, which should satisfy all but the most extreme at both ends of the argument.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:42 pm

PS - the negotiations will take months or years. In the meanwhile, I feel like starting a Petition that any politician, regardless of party, who throws petrol on this bonfire for petty personal reasons, or otherwise stirs up panic, should be instantly removed from office and jailed.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:01 pm

John Oliver calls Boris Johnson a 'shaved orangutan' and David Cameron a 'pig-f***er' in nine-minute anti-Brexit rant on US TV
John Oliver savaged pro-Brexit camp on comedy show Last Week Tonight
The foul-mouthed satirist made startling remarks about prominent figures
David Cameron's alleged molestation of a pig's head was mentioned twice
Boris Johnson and pro-Brexiter Nigel Farage were called 'idiots'
And Donald Trump was called a 'buffoon' after taking a pro-Brexit stance
Oliver warned his viewers that Trump was as much a 'danger' as Brexi
t

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3661631/John-Oliver-calls-Boris-Johnson-shaved-orangutan-David-Cameron-pig-f-er-nine-minute-anti-Brexit-rant-TV.html#ixzz4Co9aPDBZ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Oh, he's so witty and cutting edge! Bet he was really right-on and called Trump 'Drumf' again. wker
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:57 pm

I can count the times on one hand I have witnessed that incredible spectacle known as John Oliver.  biggrin
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:12 pm

I'd read about him, Lily, and how he was supposed to be achingly funny.

So, I watched it - for about five minutes. All he did was rant and swear, and declare that Trump's family name was Drumf, hoho, isn't that hilarious?

It was awful - crude, outdated, unfunny. He reminded me of that UK 'comedian' that only ever ranted on about 'Thatch', and kept it going long after she'd gone from power.

I do wish Spitting Images was still around, though.....imagine what they'd do to this lot.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:29 pm

declare that Trump's family name was Drumf,
i asked my son about this when there was a rather heated exchange on a forum I was reading and he said the family originated in Germany and the name was Drumpf, which was changed bat some point to Trumpf and then shortened to the version now in use.   Many German immigrant families changed or translated their surnames when they went to the US.  For instance, Stein became Stone,    LL  
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:58 pm

Bonny, I used to LOVE Spitting Image.  roflroflroflroflrofl

I came across an anecdote in a book I was reading about Ellis Island and one man was asked his name and said "Ich vergessen ".  The immigrant official said "Welcome to American Mr. Ferguson."

Apparently there were many instances of things like that.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:03 pm

I can imagine, Lily.

It's not the fact that the family name changed, LL, I know that happened a lot. It's the fact that Oliver and co seem to think it's the height of wit and social commentary to say, His family name was Drumpf, LOLOLOLOL.

I genuinely don't get it. confused
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:26 pm

I think he thinks he sounds hilarious, or something?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:51 pm

EU referendum set for June 23rd - Page 25 Cl-R3lHWkAAcadD

Tut tut, they're not supposed to show the iron hand....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:26 pm

EU referendum set for June 23rd - Page 25 Cl_KKSwXIAAGR6z

EU referendum set for June 23rd - Page 25 Cl_KSVQWIAEGydP

EU referendum set for June 23rd - Page 25 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREmY_nzvJqtvIdLseRc6uGlwfVn2pZ_MN1eWQlK4E7emZj_dOD
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:17 pm

Pcorneater Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:46 am

Intolerant acts surge as British referendum result sinks in

LONDON (AP) — An Eastern European family in Rugby finds dog excrement shoved through its mailbox. A Londoner nearly gets into a fight over drunken slurs shouted on a crowded subway car. A Polish teenager in Gloucestershire is taunted with threats of deportation at her high school.

http://www.mail.com/int/news/uk/4443240-intolerant-acts-surge-british-referendum-result-si.html#.1258-stage-hero1-1
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:32 am

Gorcea's story and others like it have been echoing across social media for days.

But strangely, with very few pics....despite everyone under 25 being permanently attached to a cellphone.

This may be happening, this may not be happening. But it is wise to remember all those times that 'racist graffiti' in US universities, etc., has turned out to be written by Black students looking for attention.

Attention seeking isn't confined to this corner of the internet.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:39 am

The Norwegian model:

EU referendum set for June 23rd - Page 25 CmBcuqbXEAQM6sW

I would have thought that all but the most extreme, on both sides, could live with a set-up like that.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next