EU referendum set for June 23rd

Page 4 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: EU referendum set for June 23rd

Post  bb1 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:04 pm

I suspect that having as little as possible to do with governments, of any hue, is one of the secrets of a happy life, Sabot.

Meanwhile, Dave blunders again:

Why on earth did he think that spending all that money on a leaflet that will go, unread, into bins, was a GOOD idea?

Few will weep tears for Amaral, seeing an angry man locked up in his own bitter and baseless theories
. -Neil Tweedie, Daily Mail, of the McCanns' tormentor Gonzo.
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily on Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:11 pm

Desperate times call for desperate measures? Besides that amount is possibly chump change Dave?
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:02 pm

Ah, but it isn't Dave's money, it's ours....

And on the subject of the EU and the joys of membership...

http://order-order.com/2016/04/12/top-eurocrat-time-for-an-eu-ban-on-referenda/

Look no further than this top Eurocrat for proof of Brussels’ loathing for democracy. After Dutch voters had the gall to defy the EU last week, Fraser Cameron, a former senior adviser to the Commission, wrote this on why “it is time for an EU ban on referenda”.

“Referenda are becoming a huge problem for the EU. The latest result in the Netherlands on the Association Agreement with Ukraine is probably the worst possible outcome. If the turnout had been below 30% the Dutch government could have safely ignored the vote…

Undoubtedly there is a growing trend towards referenda. There have been over 50 in the last twenty years. Sometimes referenda are forced upon governments if there is sufficient voter support, as was the case in the Netherlands… Perhaps it is time for an EU ban on referenda!”

Pesky democracy, getting in the way of the European super-state…

UPDATE: UKIP’s Steven Woolfe gets in touch:

“Here is the EU’s disdain for democracy exposed. Fraser Cameron worked as a senior adviser to the Commission for a decade and his is a view held by many in the corridors of Brussels. He and his fellow apparatchiks don’t want the people to have a say in the future development of the European Superstate.”

Few will weep tears for Amaral, seeing an angry man locked up in his own bitter and baseless theories
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily on Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:53 pm

Barstewards.

Sorry Bonny, I didn't adequately express myself. I do think that many people handling other peoples' money are often so detached from it. That they may consider it not much at all?
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:46 pm

Like this one?

http://n[/iews.sky.com/story/1677081/imf-warns-of-severe-damage-of-uk-leaving-eu

IMF Warns Of 'Severe' Damage Of UK Leaving EU
The IMF cuts its UK growth forecast and says leaving the EU could "weigh heavily on confidence and investment".

IMF chief Christine Lagarde has said a "Brexit" will create uncertainty

As bad as the uncertainty of being a defendant in a multi-million pound fraud case?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/christine-lagarde-to-go-on-trial-for-failing-to-prevent-400m-fraud-a6777501.html

Christine Lagarde to go on trial for failing to prevent '€400m fraud'

Wonder what her cut was? Pcorneater

bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily on Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:02 pm

Substantial I would imagine....... Pcorneater
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:13 pm

http://order-order.com/2016/04/12/tory-meps-wnker-sign-in-european-parliament/

TORY MEP’S W*NKER SIGN IN EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT

Pro-Brexit Tory MEP leader Syed Kamall responds to Guy Verhofstadt’s calls for further integration. Superb.

https://youtu.be/B7jYqMgy9xU

Yup. He did indeed go wker

bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:29 pm

http://www.ft.com/fastft/2016/04/15/germany-to-prosecute-german-comic-over-erdogan-poem/

Chancellor Angela Merkel has given the go-ahead for German authorities to launch a criminal prosecution of Jan Böhmermann, the comic whose satirical attack on Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan caused a diplomatic scandal.

The decision will cause an outcry among Germany’s cultural elite, which has united behind Mr Böhmermann and has already accused the chancellor of kowtowing to Mr Erdogan, reports Guy Chazan in Berlin.
....full story at link.

Merkel is a disaster.

bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:28 pm

bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily on Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:36 pm

biggrin
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:34 pm

bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:38 pm

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/04/introducing-the-president-erdogan-offensive-poetry-competition/

Introducing ‘The President Erdogan Offensive Poetry Competition’

Quote:

Well I’m a free-born British man, and we don’t live under the blasphemy laws of such despots. So in honour of this fact I have spent the weekend writing rude limericks about Mr Erdogan. And I would hereby like to invite all readers to join me in a grand Erdogan limerick competition. That isn’t to say that entries which come in the form of Iambic pentameters, or heroic couplets will be completely discounted. I think a work in the Homeric mode, for example, about the smallness of Erdogan’s manhood could (if suitably disgusting) stand some chance of winning. But I recommend limericks because almost everything insulting that is worth saying can usually be included within the five lines of that beautiful and delicate form.

I have not been able to find a sponsor for the competition. So there aren’t any prizes – except perhaps for our continuing freedom. If there is anyone out there who would seriously prefer a box of Ferrero Rocher, Turkish Delight or whatever then I don’t want them to enter this competition anyway.

TRIGGER WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The blogger's suggestions are very rude.

bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:50 pm

rofl rofl rofl
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:09 pm

bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:24 pm

President Barack Obama has arrived in London for a three-day visit that will include dining with the royal family and talks with Prime Minister David Cameron

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3552704/Obama-landed-save-Cameron-s-bacon-President-arrives-UK-PM-helping-hand-arguing-against-Brexit-oh-s-going-meet-Queen.html#ixzz46VDd9h7V
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

bottomsup

bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:31 pm

Marcher Lord ‏@MarcherLord1 2h2 hours ago
The Kenyan has landed. #Stansted

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Almost every comment is a variation on, Eff off and mind your own business. I don't think this is one of Dave's brightest ideas.

And sympathies to HM for having to put up with the Obungles on what should be a happy occasion.

bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily on Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:54 pm

What is even better news for US taxpayers is that Moochelle is arriving separately tomorrow in time for lunch with the Queen and dinner at Kensington Palace.

lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:19 am

Follow

Guido FawkesVerified account
‏@GuidoFawkes Guido Fawkes Retweeted Euro Guido
Someone should explain to the President that American soldiers died to stop a German dominated Europe.Guido Fawkes added,

I haven't the words for how much I despise Obama right now-

http://news.sky.com/story/1683118/obama-sparks-eu-row-during-uk-official-visit

Writing in The Daily Telegraph, Mr Obama said the sacrifice of his country's soldiers during the Second World War means America has a stake in the referendum debate.

Go screw yourself and clean up your own back yard, Obama. Especially as it is YOUR regime-changing antics that have caused the moslem invasion of Europe, and YOUR coup in Ukraine that has restarted the Cold War.

bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter on Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:46 am

I thought the US entered the war when Pearl Harbor was attacked in 1941? LL
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:49 am

Exactly, LL. I am not going to insult our American friends, especially as I know many brave young American men volunteered to fight Germany when Britain was alone, but Washington only joined in after Pearl Harbour.

I used to think Obama was just ignorant, nowadays, I believe he is insulting on purpose. Remember him chewing gum all through the D-Day ceremonies?

bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter on Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:12 pm

Bonny, as I have said, I am not interested in politics so I tend not to watch world leaders' behavior - unless of course they impinge on me personally.   I therefore did not see anyone chewing gum.   My interest is in historical accuracy, not spin on events.   LL
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:08 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/22/boris-johnson-barack-obama-kenyan-eu-referendum

John McDonnell joined fellow Labour MPs Yvette Cooper and Chuka Umunna in questioning Johnson’s judgment in referring to the president’s ancestry in an article for the Sun newspaper.

“Mask slips again. Boris part-Kenyan Obama comment is yet another example of dog-whistle racism from senior Tories. He should withdraw it,” McDonnell tweeted.

Live Boris Johnson accused of 'dog whistle racism' over Obama 'part-Kenyan' remark - Politics live
Rolling coverage of all the day’s political developments, including President Obama’s visit to London and his press conference with David Cameron
Read more
Johnson, a high-profile figure in the campaign for Britain to leave the EU, wrote about the decision of the Obama administration to remove a bust of Britain’s wartime leader Winston Churchill from the Oval Office.

“Some said it was a snub to Britain. Some said it was a symbol of the part-Kenyan president’s ancestral dislike of the British empire – of which Churchill had been such a fervent defender,” said Johnson in an article designed to hit back at Obama after the US president waded into the EU referendum debate on Friday.

The mayor and Tory MP said Obama’s country would “not dream of embroiling itself” in anything similar to the EU, which he said was inching towards a federal superstate.

Why is it 'racist' to refer to someone with a Kenyan father as part-Kenyan? Pcorneater

bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily on Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:29 pm

They have to appease their Masters?
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:39 pm

Lunacy - he is half-Kenyan. Trump is half-Scots - is that 'racist' too?

bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot on Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:43 pm

bb1 wrote:Lunacy - he is half-Kenyan. Trump is half-Scots - is that 'racist' too?

Perhaps Obama doesn't like being labelled Half White. Although you can see that he is. But I don't think his wife likes it.
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum