JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Military coup underway in Turkey

+2
lily
Jean-Pierre.t50
6 posters

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

Go down

Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 4 Empty Re: Military coup underway in Turkey

Post  Sabot Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:25 pm

I see. Perfect. The more Arabs killing each other then the better I like it. Sad to say.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 4 Empty Re: Military coup underway in Turkey

Post  bb1 Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:34 pm

Yes, there does come a point when you just think, Fine, get on with it, just leave the rest of us alone....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:39 pm

Sabot wrote:I see.  Perfect.  The more Arabs killing each other then the better I like it.  Sad to say.
Turks are not Arabs, they are an East Asian peoples that migrated from Siberia and Mongolia to the Middle East during the Medieval Period. Their language originated in The Altai Mountain Range in Northern Siberia centuries ago. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:20 pm

AFP news agencyVerified account
‏@AFP
#BREAKING Erdogan says Turkey will consider reinstating death penalty after coup
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:21 pm

Paul Jones ‏@Paul_A_Jones 3h3 hours ago
First there was the Reichstag Fire. Next is The Night of the Long Knives. #Turkey #TurkeyCoupAttempt

Yup.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:26 pm

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-17/dear-chancellor-merkel-when-does-turkey-join-eu?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Dear chancellor Angela Merkel,

In light of events in Nice and Turkey, and given your migration policy is the #1 Reason the UK voted to Leave, inquiring minds have a few questions for you:

When do 80 Million Turks have visa-free travel to the rest of Europe?
When do you admit your open arms welcome of refugees was pure idiocy?
When will you admit that thanks to German auto exports to the UK, that the UK actually has the upper hand in Brexit negotiations?
When will you speak out on Erdogan’s takeover of the press, his military and judicial purge, and his silencing of all critics?
What are you going to do about your misguided Pact With the Devil that left European leaders recoiling?
Do you agree with Martin Schulz’s Tweet (below) on a return to a rule of law, separation of powers, and respect of fundamental rights in Turkey?

Dear chancellor, when do you admit you totally and completely screwed up in multiple ways?

Finally, What are you going to do about any of this except make ridiculous speeches in praise of the “European way” hoping against hope that fundamental problems correct themselves?

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:28 pm

Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 4 CnmM2YRXYAEuteM
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:17 pm

He is such a disliked man.  I cannot think why.......
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:58 am

Did Erdogan STAGE the coup? US-based Turkish cleric facing extradition over botched rebellion claims president orchestrated plot to justify a clampdown on civil rights

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3693729/Did-Erdogan-STAGE-coup-based-Turkish-cleric-facing-extradition-botched-rebellion-claims-president-orchestrated-plot-justify-clampdown-civil-rights.html#ixzz4EkEdevDF

Comment on the above article:  

Didn't look too much like a proper coup to me if I am honest, I am no expert in these matters but I do not believe for two minutes that this is the best fight that large parts of the Turkish Army could have put up against the Turkish police, in addition, how could professional battle hardened military fighters be beaten up by civilians with no weapons ?
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:49 am

I suspect it was partly genuine, LL, a trap to catch officers loyal to the principles of Ataturk.

I watched some Edrogan loyalist showing a reporter around the damaged Parliament earlier - I now have NO doubt it was a Reichstag Fire job.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:08 am

bb1 wrote:I suspect it was partly genuine, LL, a trap to catch officers loyal to the principles of Ataturk.

I watched some Edrogan loyalist showing a reporter around the damaged Parliament earlier - I now have NO doubt it was a Reichstag Fire job.

Mine is a very simple question - who sets a coup in motion when the head of state is far away from the capital?   Common sense dictates you make sure you scoop up the lot in one fell swoop.   LL

ETA  The Germans tried their damnest to kill Hitler, they tried to blow him up in the Wolfschanze, THEN attempted to take over Berlin.  
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:37 am

It's not unheard of for tyrants to be overthrown when they are out of the country, LL, it's happened to a few African dictators.

But - this one doesn't pass the smell test.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-17/why-they-didnt-fire-mystery-coup-pilots-had-erdogans-plane-their-sights-and-did-noth

Looking back at the failed Turkish coup, one question that nobody has been able to answer is why, if the coup was indeed a serious attempt at government overthrow, did the organizers not do the first thing that military coups have done since time immemorial: either capture, or simply eliminate the existing ruler, the vacationing president Erdogan?

The following brief story will only add to the confusion (or maybe not).

As Reuters reports, at the height of the attempt to overthrow Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan, the rebel pilots of two F-16 fighter jets had Erdogan's plane in their sights. And yet he was able to fly on.

The government narrative, completely fabricated as it may be, is the following:

Erdogan said as the coup unfolded that the plotters had tried to attack him in the resort town of Marmaris and had bombed places he had been at shortly after he left. He "evaded death by minutes", the second official said. Around 25 soldiers in helicopters descended on a hotel in Marmaris on ropes, shooting, just after Erdogan had left in an apparent attempt to seize him, pro-government broadcaster CNN Turk said. Prime Minister Binali Yildirim had also been directly targeted in Istanbul during the coup bid and had narrowly escaped, the official said, without giving details.
...etc
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:39 am

Flighttracker is a wonderful thing:

Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 4 CncVnYEWEAAhgzb

David Cenciotti
‏@cencio4
This is probably Erdogan’s plane: Turkish Government GIV TC-ATA circling now @avischarf

-from Friday.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:45 am

It's not unheard of for tyrants to be overthrown when they are out of the country, LL, it's happened to a few African dictators.
I know. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:45 pm

https://tr2w.com/article/turkish-government-had-list-of-arrests-even-before-coup-attempt-eus-hahn-says

The European Union (EU) commissioner dealing with Turkey’s membership bid, Johannes Hahn, has said that lists of recent detentions and arrests of judges and prosecutors as well as military officials after a failed coup in Turkey were prepared beforehand.

“It looks at least as if something has been prepared. The lists are available, which indicates it was prepared and to be used at a certain stage,” Hahn reportedly said.

“I’m very concerned. It is exactly what we feared,” he added.

A number of intellectuals both in Turkey and abroad earlier hold forth that Turkish authorities uses the coup attempt as an excuse to conduct massive purges in important government bodies, including the judiciary and the military, and fill the vacant positions with his loyalists.

Detention orders were issued for 2,745 judges and prosecutors across Turkey on suspicion of “membership in a terrorist organization,” after a failed coup attempt that started around 10 p.m. on Friday. Nearly 3,000 soldiers were also detained immediately after the coup attempt.

The coup reportedly started when military tanks rolled onto the streets of Ankara and İstanbul and soldiers blocked the Bosphorus Bridge and the Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge. The military’s claim of a takeover was read on state broadcaster TRT. The anchor said the military imposed martial law and declared a curfew until further notice.

However, the coup attempt lost momentum after President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan returned from vacation at the seaside resort of Marmaris.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:02 pm

Turkey may no longer be a viable partner in fight against Isis following coup attempt, says French foreign minister
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/turkey-coup-latest-isis-syria-iraq-not-viable-partner-france-foreign-minister-a7141501.html
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:07 pm

When did Turkey start 'fighting ISIS' in the first place?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:44 pm

I have heard via Turkey that it is most likely that Erdogan set this up from the start.  He is not a particularly nice man and he will benefit from the failed coup like no one's business....

J-P, have you heard from your son and his lady?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:18 pm

Arrest warrant issued for Erdogan's top military aide in crackdown, Turkish media report

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07/17/turkey-rounds-up-52-military-seeks-to-detain-53-judges.html
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:26 pm

This is actually rather awful, IMO. Watching the rise of a new fascist state is bad enough, but a fundamentalist muslim fascist state is appalling.

Remember, Gaddafi and Sadam were both secular/moderate moslems.

The thought of Turkey being in NATO, never mind the EU, terrifies me.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:14 pm

The Latest: Turkish Journalists Condemn Raids Against Media

Turkey's state-run news agency says that the former Air Force commander accused of being the coup ringleader has confessed to a role in Friday's failed coup attempt. More at link

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/latest-eu-poised-back-rule-law-turkey-40658532
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:31 pm

A Turkish journalists' association has condemned raids and violence against media organizations and journalists both during and in the aftermath of Friday's failed coup.

The coup plotters took control of state broadcaster TRT during the uprising and forced a newscaster to read a statement declaring that they had seized control. The headquarters of private CNN-Turk channel and Hurriyet newspapers were also raided.

Photojournalist Mustafa Cambaz was killed while protesting the coup.

The Turkish Journalists Association, or TGC, said it condemned the attempts "to eliminate parliamentary democracy, the people's basic rights and freedoms and the freedom of press or expression."

The TGC also said the media had played a role in countering the coup "despite being subjected to attacks, repression and threats."

Erdogan's record with the media is already bad....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:36 pm

Wait until a few more days have passed.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:13 pm

Conflict News ‏@Conflicts 4h4 hours ago
TURKEY: Erdogan - If the Parliament adopts a bill to reinstate the death penalty, I will sign it into law. - @CeylanWrites
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:39 pm

He has his pen at the ready.  mad
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next