Two arrested in Göttingen. Germany, suspected of 'concrete terror plot

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two arrested in Göttingen. Germany, suspected of 'concrete terror plot

Post  Lamplighter on Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:31 pm

Police in the Lower Saxon university town of Göttingen arrested two men suspected of plotting a terror attack, officials reported on Thursday.

The Lower Saxon interior ministry said on Thursday that one of the men was a 27-year-old from Algeria, while the other was 23 and from Nigeria.

Police would not comment on the exact alleged plans by the two suspects, but they had reportedly been long active in the Islamist scene. Both had lived for years with their families in Göttingen.

Around 450 police officers were deployed in raids to search 11 buildings around Göttingen and one house in northern Hesse late on Wednesday night. The two were then arrested during the raids.

Göttingen’s police chief Uwe Lührig said that they had gained knowledge of a possible concrete and imminent attack in the past few days, and therefore a quick police operation was necessary.

“We had, in my assessment, absolutely no other option,” Lührig said. A press conference is set for Thursday afternoon to provide further details.
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Re: Two arrested in Göttingen. Germany, suspected of 'concrete terror plot

Post  bb1 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:45 pm

Good. I don't envy the security forces, these crazies seem to be everywhere.
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum