JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Coronation Street star Roy Barraclough dies at 81 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Coronation Street star Roy Barraclough dies at 81 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Coronation Street star Roy Barraclough dies at 81 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Coronation Street star Roy Barraclough dies at 81 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Coronation Street star Roy Barraclough dies at 81 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Coronation Street star Roy Barraclough dies at 81 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Coronation Street star Roy Barraclough dies at 81 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Coronation Street star Roy Barraclough dies at 81 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Coronation Street star Roy Barraclough dies at 81 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Coronation Street star Roy Barraclough dies at 81

2 posters

Go down

Coronation Street star Roy Barraclough dies at 81 Empty Coronation Street star Roy Barraclough dies at 81

Post  Lamplighter Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:43 pm

Former Coronation Street star Roy Barraclough has died at the age of 81 following a short illness, his spokesman has said.

He died on Thursday morning at the Willow Wood Hospice in Greater Manchester which he was a patron for for more than 20 years.

The Lancashire-born actor was best known for his role as Alec Gilroy in Corrie.

In the role, he constantly saw himself at odds with his on-screen wife, Julie Goodyear's character Bet Lynch.

Goodyear led tributes to him, saying she was "devastated".

"I will treasure all the happy times we had working and laughing together. We were just like a married couple - crazy, I know, but true," she said.

"Rest in peace, Roy. I will always love you."

Barraclough was also well known for his collaboration with comedian Les Dawson, who died in 1993.

The pair went on to create some of the nation's favourite sketches, including gossipy housewives Cissie and Ada.

Dawson's daughter Charlotte posted a tribute on Twitter: "Omg I'm devastated ... at least you get to be reunited with my daddy."

Barraclough started his career as a comedian and pianist at a holiday camp on the Isle of Wight, before joining the Huddersfield Repertory Company.

His first appearance on Corrie was in 1964 as a tour guide, returning later to sell Stan Ogden his window cleaning round and then again as a bed salesman.

He then appeared as talent manager Alec Gilroy in the early 1970s. The character became a regular on the soap from 1986 to 1992 and then again for two years in 1996.

His other TV work included roles in Casualty, Last Of The Summer Wine, Last Tango In Halifax and Pompidou.

Comedian Matt Lucas posted a picture of himself with Barraclough filming Pompidou and wrote: "Happy days with Roy Barraclough on 'Pompidou'. Lovely man, brilliant actor."

In 2006, Barraclough was awarded the MBE for services to drama and his charity work, including for his work at Willow Wood Hospice.
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Coronation Street star Roy Barraclough dies at 81 Empty Re: Coronation Street star Roy Barraclough dies at 81

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:29 pm

Aw, he was a nice man.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down