Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Why didn’t police quiz woman in purple again?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why didn’t police quiz woman in purple again?

Post  Max on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:23 am

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/875503/Madeleine-McCann-news-missing-Maddie-woman-in-purple-investigation-Portgual-Praia-da-Luz

Maddie McCann inquiry: Why didn’t police quiz woman in purple again?

DETECTIVES hunting for clues for what happened to Madeleine McCann still aren't any closer to solving the mystery of her disappearance with one vital question remaining unanswered, critics say.

By VICKIIE OLIPHANT

PUBLISHED: 16:15, Sat, Nov 4, 2017 | UPDATED: 16:31, Sat, Nov 4, 2017

A decade ago, Kate and Gerry McCann suffered every parent's worst nightmare when their three-year-old daughter went missing while on a family holiday.

Since Madeleine McCann disappeared from the family’s hotel room in Praia da Luz, almost £12 million has been pumped into the investigation in a desperate bid to locate the tot.

Sightings have been reported across the globe and a long list of theories and suspects have taken up detectives time with little fruition.

But now questions are being asked as to why detectives didn’t act sooner after a British woman reported seeing a suspicious figure lurking outside the resort hours before the disappearance.

The woman was seen hanging around the Ocean Club resort by British expat Jenny Murat just a few hours before the youngster went missing on the evening of May 3, 2007.

Ms Murat recalled: “I saw the woman standing on the corner of the street.

“She caught my eye because she was dressed in purple-plum clothes. It struck me as strange.

“It’s so usual for anyone, particularly a woman, to be standing alone on the street in our resort, just watching a building.

“The next morning, we heard that a little girl had gone missing, and I later told police about the woman I’d seen right outside.

“I didn’t recognise her and don’t have a clue who she is, but she seems a bit suspicious.”

Scotland Yard's Operation Grange investigation has entered its sixth year without any significant results and it is believed inquiries have been extended thanks to this ‘woman in purple’.

But this begs the question on why police didn’t concentrate on these reports sooner.

The depleted team of detectives, once 31-strong but now down to four, have spent the last few months crisscrossing Europe in a bid to locate the woman.

The suspect is believed to be Bulgarian and was living in Praia da Luz with her partner, a man of German or Eastern European descent (now believed to be dead) at the time of Madeleine’s disappearance.

It is thought that police interest in the suspect is linked to discoveries about her late partner’s history.

The police budget had been due to run out in September, but officers are understood to have used the ‘woman in purple’ line of investigation to persuade the Home Office — which is financing the inquiry from central government funds — to grant a six-month extension.

The £154,000 agreed will allow inquiries to continue until March, taking the total spent on Operation Grange near to £12
million.

Last edited by Max on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Max
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Why didn't the Met quiz the McCanns again and who was the woman in purple?

Post  Max on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:24 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5048349/The-TWO-vital-Maddie-questions.html

The TWO vital Maddie questions: Why didn't the Met quiz the McCanns again and who was the woman in purple?

.A ‘woman in purple’ is keeping Operation Grange alive - the search for Maddie
.She was seen by British expat Jenny Murat before the youngster went missing
.In the past few months, the Grange team has been criss-crossing Europe trying to locate the woman

By NEIL TWEEDIE FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 22:05, 3 November 2017 | UPDATED: 08:27, 4 November 2017

About 8pm on the evening of May 3, 2007, Jenny Murat, a British expatriate living in the coastal village of Praia da Luz on Portugal’s Algarve, notices a woman staring intently at an apartment block next to the Ocean Club, a small holiday complex popular with British families.

‘I saw the woman standing on the corner of the street,’ Mrs Murat later recalled. ‘She caught my eye because she was dressed in purple-plum clothes. It struck me as strange.

‘It’s so usual for anyone, particularly a woman, to be standing alone on the street in our resort, just watching a building.’

Sometime during the next two hours, three-year-old Madeleine McCann disappears from an apartment in that same block as her parents dine with friends nearby.

‘The next morning, we heard that a little girl had gone missing, and I later told police about the woman I’d seen right outside,’ Mrs Murat continued. ‘I didn’t recognise her and don’t have a clue who she is, but she seems a bit suspicious.’

It is this ‘woman in purple’, the Mail understands, who is keeping alive Operation Grange, the marathon reinvestigation of the Madeleine McCann case by Scotland Yard, now in its sixth year.

The suspect is believed to be Bulgarian and was living in Praia da Luz with her partner, a man of German or Eastern European descent (now believed to be dead) at the time of Madeleine’s disappearance. It is thought that police interest is linked to discoveries about her late partner’s history.

In the past few months, the Grange team — now down to four detectives from a peak of 31 — has been criss-crossing Europe trying to locate the woman.

Their budget had been due to run out in September, but officers are understood to have used the ‘woman in purple’ line of investigation to persuade the Home Office — which is financing the inquiry from central government funds — to grant a six-month extension.

more at link

Last edited by Max on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:31 am; edited 2 times in total

Max
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Police investigating Madeleine McCann disappearance travel to Bulgaria in search of paedophile’s widow

Post  Max on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:25 am

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4843610/madeleine-mccann-woman-in-purple-bulgaria/

MADDIE HUNT TWIST Police investigating Madeleine McCann disappearance travel to Bulgaria in search of paedophile’s widow

Detectives want to speak to a woman dressed in purple who was working with her husband near the Algarve holiday apartment where the three-year-old vanished in 2007

EXCLUSIVE
By Nick Pisa

4th November 2017, 9:25 pmUpdated: 5th November 2017, 12:09 am

DETECTIVES hunting for Madeleine McCann have travelled to Bulgaria to pursue a new lead, we can reveal.

They are seeking a woman dressed in purple who may hold the key to the girl’s disappearance.

Her husband, now dead, is a convicted paedophile.

The couple were working as domestic helpers near the Algarve holiday apartment where Madeleine vanished in 2007 aged three.

Locals reported them to police but nothing was followed up until Scotland Yard officers re-examined statements.

Witnesses said the woman was seen close to the Ocean Club complex in Praia da Luz where the McCanns were staying.

She and her husband vanished after Madeleine went missing.

Cops have been unable to locate the wife despite extensive searches.

A source said: “There is no evidence they were involved but it would be good to eliminate them from the investigation.”

Parents Kate and Gerry, both 49, of Rothley, Leics, were dining nearby when Madeleine was taken but her younger twin siblings were left.

Max
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Re: Why didn’t police quiz woman in purple again?

Post  Lamplighter on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:02 am

Hi Max, very interesting. Will get the haters spitting and screaming. LL
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Max on Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:09 am

Hi LL, won't it just Rolling Eyes

Max
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:25 am

Heri Janosch has posted that there will be news of this by Monday.
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Max on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:59 pm

thumbsup thanks Sabot for letting us know.

Max
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:59 pm

Sabot:
thumbsup
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum