JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Controversy in medical journal reference EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Controversy in medical journal reference EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Controversy in medical journal reference EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Controversy in medical journal reference EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Controversy in medical journal reference EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Controversy in medical journal reference EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Controversy in medical journal reference EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Controversy in medical journal reference EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Controversy in medical journal reference EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Controversy in medical journal reference

3 posters

Go down

Controversy in medical journal reference Empty Controversy in medical journal reference

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:15 am

My friends, this was taken from Portuguese newspaper Correio da Manhã:

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/ultima-hora/bebes-nao-sao-pessoas-e-podem-ser-mortos

Controversy in medical journal reference

Babies are not people and can be killed

Two researchers have argued in an article published in 'Journal of Medical Ethics', the prestigious British Medical Journal Group, which newborn babies are not people and kill them in the first days of life, is not very different from an abortion.

Francesca Minerva, academic at the Universities of Melbourne and Oxford, and Alberto Giubilini, the universities of Milan and Monash in Melbourne, argue that newborns as fetuses have no moral status similar to that of adults.

In the thesis published, ethicists argue that newborns are 'non-people' because they still are not aware of their existence.

For the two researchers, it is not infanticide, but abortion postpartum and should only be allowed in babies with diseases and malformations not detected during pregnancy. Another possible situation is for parents who are unable to psychological or material to deal with the baby.

The article was published, explained Julian Savulescu, editor of the Journal of Medical Ethics, because the publication does not exist to serve only a certain line of thought. "The authors argued in a provocative way, there are no moral differences between a fetus and a newborn. The argument of the idea that much can accept and reject others, "he said.

What is certain is that the controversy is installed, with thousands of letters and e-mails threatening death to the authors of the thesis. Julian Savulescu has condemned the threats sent to the publication, is considering treating an unacceptable attempt at censorship.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Controversy in medical journal reference Empty Re: Controversy in medical journal reference

Post  bb1 Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:18 am

Does he now? Personally, I don't think censorship is always a bad thing; I despise these freaks who hide behind 'free speech' to spread vile material like this. mad mad mad
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Controversy in medical journal reference Empty Re: Controversy in medical journal reference

Post  Sabot Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:44 am

Abortion is always going to create controversy, but while I am personally against it, I do believe that it should remain the choice of the Mother.
However, I can see them running into huge difficulties if they want to bump off new born babies, presuming that they do.
Not sure if they should be allowed to put their theories forward, but they should expect some resistance to such bizarre theories, although I can't think of anything that I want to say about it. At least, not at the moment. But I might feel a bit more motivated if it looks like catching on.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down