JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
US auction house ‘sorry’, but Titanic sale will go ahead EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
US auction house ‘sorry’, but Titanic sale will go ahead EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
US auction house ‘sorry’, but Titanic sale will go ahead EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
US auction house ‘sorry’, but Titanic sale will go ahead EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
US auction house ‘sorry’, but Titanic sale will go ahead EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
US auction house ‘sorry’, but Titanic sale will go ahead EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
US auction house ‘sorry’, but Titanic sale will go ahead EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
US auction house ‘sorry’, but Titanic sale will go ahead EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
US auction house ‘sorry’, but Titanic sale will go ahead EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

US auction house ‘sorry’, but Titanic sale will go ahead

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

US auction house ‘sorry’, but Titanic sale will go ahead Empty US auction house ‘sorry’, but Titanic sale will go ahead

Post  Pedro Silva Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:06 am

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

US auction house ‘sorry’, but Titanic sale will go ahead Empty Re: US auction house ‘sorry’, but Titanic sale will go ahead

Post  Sabot Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:58 am

I know that the Film Titanic was just a mock together story of what happened, but I don't think that the Steerage Passengers got a lot of help when trying to survive. In fact, I am surprised that any of them did.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

US auction house ‘sorry’, but Titanic sale will go ahead Empty Re: US auction house ‘sorry’, but Titanic sale will go ahead

Post  bb1 Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:05 pm

Interestingly, the highest death rate was amongst second-class men, apparently.

They didn't get special treatment like first class, but niether did they have the life skills to force themselves onto a lifeboat regardless of social mores.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:13 pm

Sabot, to be honest, a deepest research proved that Jack Dawson and Rose Bukater / Dawson really existed. Also that the car where Rose and Jack had the sex scene, existed also, it was Renault Towncar owned by William Carter, Cameron with 20th Century Fox had done research, if you write at google: Renault Towncar Titanic, William Carter Renault, William Carter Titanic, you will see that information.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:21 pm

The biggest percentage of dead was, according a research, third class, people at engines´s room, Titanic´s band, captain of the ship, Thomas Andrews, John Jacob Astor, some crew members, etc. Those who have not went down with ship, died of hypothermia while waiting for Carpathia. bodies recovered embraced together, frozen, due to icy water degrees (below zero) due to hypothermia, buried together, exacly as it was recovered. Only one lifeboat (Harold Lowe) returned to save more passengers from icy water while waiting for Carpathia.

Last edited by Pedro Silva on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:26 pm

I know Rose existed because she actually survived, so she probably did have a liaison. But my point was that Steerage Passengers were treated like Rabble who might riot.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:30 pm

Yes, you´re right Sabot. Shots fired by crew members against steerage passengers while ship sinks.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Pedro Silva wrote:Yes, you´re right Sabot. Shots fired by crew members against steerage passengers while ship sinks.

I believed that they did, Pedro. Such was the attitude in those days. Especially The Irish. It was a disgrace. But don't start me off on that one. I could go on forever about how The Brits treated The Irish.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:46 pm

Ok my friend.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:47 pm

Oh come on. This is getting ridiculous now. I was going to do a proper, sensible thread nearer the anniversary, but I am rapidly going off the idea.

And I doubt very much if the 'Rose' who really was pulled out of the water had much time to have a liason, as she was travelling with her two young sons.

Both the boys drowned.

There was indeed a 'Jack' on the Titanic, a crew member who had nothing to do with anything.

That has not stopped idiots putting flowers on his memorial in Nova Scotia, thinking he is the de Caprio figure.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:51 pm

a thread nearer the anniversary is good idea. Inside that thread, you can write the links I wrote. That´s why I´m writing them here, also to keep this forum alive.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Sorry. Too much of The Film perhaps. So who was that woman who was supposedly engaged to A Toff who gave her the necklace that she threw into the sea at the end? Was that just made up?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:58 pm

Pedro Silva wrote:a thread nearer the anniversary is good idea. Inside that thread, you can write the links I wrote. That´s why I´m writing them here, also to keep this forum alive.

I beg your pardon, Pedro?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:11 pm

my friend, all I´m saying is that your idea about a sensible thread nearer the anniversary is a good idea, about Nova Scotia, I agree with you bb1, sorry, I didn´t mean to upset you, my apologies. Better not write inside the thread these links.

Last edited by Pedro Silva on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:12 pm

No worries, Pedro smile
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:14 pm

thank you my friend.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:20 pm

Your English is so good, I sometimes forget it is your second language, Pedro. smile
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:22 pm

thank you for your words bb1.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:27 pm

bb1 wrote:Your English is so good, I sometimes forget it is your second language, Pedro. smile

Yer, me too. In fact I think we all do forget.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:24 pm

Take a look at these statistics:

http://www.ithaca.edu/staff/jhenderson/titanic.html

They tell a rather different story to blockbuster movies.

Every single second class child survived, but one of the first class children died.

The survival rates for steerage are shocking - but more male steerage passengers survived than male second class, by percentage.

Oddly, the highest steerage survival rate appears to be those women who boarded in Cherbourg.

ETA quote:

Men in First Class had no better than a one in three chance of surviving, so compared to women, even women from steerage, they fared poorly
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:59 pm

All four second class Spanish passengers survived, and six out of seven Spanish steerage passengers survived.

The one and only Japanese passenger, in second class, survived.

58% of all the US passengers survived, but only 32% of all British passengers survived, regardless of class.

36% of the Irish steerage passengers survived, but only 34% of male first class passengers.

Makes rather a nonsense of myths about the crew shooting steerage passengers to let wealthy Brits onto the boats....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:08 pm

47% of the British women in steerage who boarded at Southampton survived.

57% of the Irish women in steerage who boarded at Queenstown survived.

If we look at the videos of the complete chaos on the Concordia, a hundred feet from shore in the Med, it begins to give an idea of why so many incorrect stories about the Titanic evolved.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:05 pm

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:08 pm

My friend, thank you for these links.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next