JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Lease Hold Law. EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Lease Hold Law. EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Lease Hold Law. EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Lease Hold Law. EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Lease Hold Law. EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Lease Hold Law. EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Lease Hold Law. EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Lease Hold Law. EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Lease Hold Law. EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Lease Hold Law.

4 posters

Go down

Lease Hold Law. Empty Lease Hold Law.

Post  Sabot Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:10 pm

Does anyone have any knowledge of English Freehold and Leasehold Law, please?

I am having yet more trouble with my Leaseholders who will pull any trick in the book to avoid paying what they owe, and since my Ground Rent amounts to a total of £250 a year, I am not in a position to pay for anything I don't have to.

This is to do with the maintainance of a Communal Garden and Communal Walkways and the Road, in a Private Terrace.

Help urgently needed before I have another nervous breakdown.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Lease Hold Law. Empty Re: Lease Hold Law.

Post  bb1 Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:14 pm

I have none at all, Sabot - hopefully, someone else will.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:16 pm

Ask Anna, Sabot.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:19 pm

Not exactly my sphere of knowledge, but I do know that freehold means you own outright the property, and leasehold means you rent or lease the property from the owner. I assume you have some kind of rental agreement with your leaseholders in which upkeep is listed? Have a look at this site, it may be of some help. LL

http://www.buyassociation.co.uk/homes/understanding-freehold-and-leasehold.html
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:19 pm

Lamplighter wrote:Not exactly my sphere of knowledge, but I do know that freehold means you own outright the property, and leasehold means you rent or lease the property from the owner. I assume you have some kind of rental agreement with your leaseholders in which upkeep is listed? Have a look at this site, it may be of some help. LL

http://www.buyassociation.co.uk/homes/understanding-freehold-and-leasehold.html

Thanks All, for your interest.

Yes, The upkeep including maintaining the section of Front Garden in front of the property is included in The Lease, as is the maintainance of The Pavement which is also a Right of Way, and or Easement for the rest of the Terrace. This is all itemised in The Lease.
But some arsehole is trying to tell me that the responsibility of my Leaseholders stops at the front door.
He is also rabbiting on about some of the other house owners having adopted the land in front of their houses, and according to The Land Registry, I haven't. Although exactly how you go about adopting land that you already own, I really do not know as I have never been informed of any of this.

Basically, a tree on my section of the land has to come down, at a cost of £800 plus VAT, and this man is refusing to pay his portion, as are all the other Leaseholders, no doubt on his instructions.
So I somehow have to produce evidence that what it says in The Lease is Legally binding. And short of employing a Solicitor which I can't afford, I have to look elsewhere for proof.

I do have a Managing Agent, but they have only recently taken over and are as much in the dark as I am.

The immediate problem is The Insurance because they could fail to pay out if any damage is caused by this tree, which could be deemed to be my fault as I now know about it.

Personally, I think he is trying it on, but that won't do as a Legal Argument in the event of damage or loss of life.

Obviously there is much more to it, but all in my favour, and too convoluted to explain unless a direct question is asked of me.

I will look at that Site, LL, and thanks. But to me it is two simple questions. Is The Lease legally binding? And if I haven't "Adopted" this land, does it still belong to me?

If it no longer belongs to me then no problem as the tree is not my responsibility anyway. But I do fail to see how this can have happened without my knowledge. And why would my solicitor who drew up The Lease, have included these things in The Lease if the land wasn't mine. Or the responsibility of The Leaseholders stopped at the front door.

Seriously stressed because I might have to fork out in the region of £1,000, and then fight The Leaseholders to get it back.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down