JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
ANDERS BREIVIK - A FATHER REMEMBERS EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
ANDERS BREIVIK - A FATHER REMEMBERS EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
ANDERS BREIVIK - A FATHER REMEMBERS EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
ANDERS BREIVIK - A FATHER REMEMBERS EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
ANDERS BREIVIK - A FATHER REMEMBERS EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
ANDERS BREIVIK - A FATHER REMEMBERS EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
ANDERS BREIVIK - A FATHER REMEMBERS EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
ANDERS BREIVIK - A FATHER REMEMBERS EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
ANDERS BREIVIK - A FATHER REMEMBERS EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

ANDERS BREIVIK - A FATHER REMEMBERS

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ANDERS BREIVIK - A FATHER REMEMBERS Empty ANDERS BREIVIK - A FATHER REMEMBERS

Post  Lamplighter Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:59 am

This is an article about Breivik's father and his reaction to what happened. Breivilk's trial starts today, I am in fact watching the opening on AlJazeera; the court official is reading out all the victim's names and how they died. Breivik is sitting there, his eyes closed, occasionally his mouth twitches.

Anders Behring Breivik trial: the father's story
When Jens Breivik watched the news about the Utøya island shooting, he had no idea his son was responsible. Hit by shock and guilt, he still wonders how far he is to blame

Jon Henley in Limoux
guardian.co.uk, Friday 13 April 2012 15.49 BST

ANDERS BREIVIK - A FATHER REMEMBERS Anders-Behring-Breivik-in-008
Anders Behring Breivik in court in Oslo in February: his father Jens hasn't seen him since 1995. Photograph: Lise Aserud/AFP/Getty Images

It is an unassuming bungalow in a nondescript village on the edge of a small town in southern France. An unmade driveway runs from the road between similarly recent modest villas to the bars of a large electric gate.

The house beyond is spare but comfortable; three plump cats roam the terraced gardens, by some margin the house's most attractive feature. The floors are tiled, the sofas shiny, the television new but not flashy. That's where he saw the news.

"We had a call from Norway," he recalls. "They said, something's happening in Oslo, in the government district. We turned on the TV; we have BBC and Sky here, no Norwegian channels. We sat and watched. Glued, of course."

All that afternoon and evening, 22 July, nobody could say who it was. Eight people had died in the bombing and a far larger number – it would ultimately be 69, mostly teenagers attending a Labour party youth camp – in the subsequent mass shooting on Utøya island.

"They did not know who was responsible," he says. "They were guessing. An Islamist? Then they started to say, a typical Norwegian. Tall, blond. They did not know who. We went to bed. It was late; we were upset. This was our home country."

It wasn't until the next morning that he turned on his computer and saw that the man who had carried out the bloodiest massacre in modern peacetime Europe had been captured, and that his name was Anders Behring Breivik, his son.

He is not a large man, Jens Breivik. Cautious. Precise. White hair, steel-rimmed specs, sober jumper; ask casting for a 76-year-old retired Norwegian diplomat and you surely wouldn't get better. Visibly ill at ease, for at least the first hour.

"I was so … shocked, I did not know what to do," he says. "I couldn't … I was unable to do anything. I sat with my head in my hands. It was a terrible moment. I just could not face it. The media got here that evening and I hid. My wife told them I was in Spain."

Several months later, with his son in the dock – first judged criminally insane, now declared sane enough to face trial and jail – he still feels "terrible. Such pain. Constantly, I am reminded who I am. In the first few weeks, I thought seriously of taking my own life. I've lost the retirement I always imagined; that's gone. I will forever be asking how a man could possibly develop such thoughts. And could I have done something?"

It may not, of course, have made the slightest difference. But could he?

Others, to Breivik's distress, have not been slow to suggest that he could. Assorted commentators have called him "selfish", "narcissistic", "a terrible father". Katharine Birbalsingh, who describes herself as "Britain's most outspoken and controversial teacher", told the Telegraph she was certain his failings had sown the seeds of his son's madness.

It is, to be fair, not a very straightforward story. Nor, maybe, for those who wish to judge such things, a very admirable one. For Jens Breivik, sitting stiffly at his dining-room table confronting roads travelled and turnings taken, it is certainly not easy to tell.

He and Wenche Behring had been together for two years when Anders was born on 13 February 1979. Both had been married before: Jens, then economic affairs counsellor at the Norwegian embassy in Lancaster Gate (his second tour in London), had three children from his first marriage, which had lasted nearly 13 years; Behring, a nurse, had a young daughter, Elisabeth, with her previous husband, who was Swedish.

The couple separated within a year of Anders's birth. "I don't think," says Breivik, cautiously, "she was really interested in marriage. She was an … unusual person. I think what she wanted to be was a single mother. She just left, anyway, went to Oslo with Anders and her daughter. Didn't want me to see my son. You get help in Norway, as a single mother."

(Behring, who later would marry a Norwegian army captain, has never given her side of this story, consistently refusing all media interviews. In a conversation with the psychiatrists who evaluated Anders, leaked to the Norwegian press, she has said only that she first noticed signs of her son's "paranoid delusions" in 2006.)

Breivik senior, meanwhile, stayed in London. Behring reluctantly brought the infant Anders from Oslo to see him, staying at one stage for several months even though the marriage was beyond repair. Then in 1983, Breivik got married, for a third time – to Tove, a colleague – and was posted to the OECD in Paris, subsequently transferring to the Norwegian embassy there.

Anders liked Tove, his new stepmother, and in fact stayed in touch with her until just before the attacks. But soon after the couple arrived in France, Breivik says, it became clear that Anders, now four, was not faring well in Oslo.

"There was a formal report, in 1983, from the Norwegian childcare authorities," he says. "They recommended he should be moved. They said his relationship with his mother, her emotional incapacity to care for him, made it harmful for him to stay. But it was very difficult; Wenche would not admit to any problems. She wouldn't talk to me."

Breivik and his wife applied through the Norwegian courts for custody, hoping the report would work in their favour. It didn't. "This I do not understand, and nor do many people in Norway," Breivik says. "There was an official report saying my son was being harmed by living with his mother. But in Norway, the presumption is always with the mother."

Despite that ruling, father and son appear to have got on fairly well when Anders was still a young child. "In Paris, he visited quite often," Breivik says. "He travelled as an unaccompanied minor; I'd meet him at the airport." Anders stayed at Breivik's embassy apartment, on rue Spontini in the 16th arrondissement; there were summer holidays at a cottage in the Normandy countryside, 10 minutes from the sea at Cabourg.

Anders describes this period in his 1,500-page online "manifesto", remarking that he had "a good relationship with [his father] and his new wife at the time, until I was 15." His upbringing was "privileged", he wrote, in "a typical Norwegian middle class family", with "responsible and intelligent people around me … and no negative experiences" (although he now regretted a "lack of discipline".)

In 1990, Breivik returned to Oslo. "We had what I think anyone would call a normal relationship between a divorced father and his son," he confirms. "He came to my house several times a week, and at weekends. I had a small chalet in southern Norway; he stayed there often, too." There was a trip to the Tivoli amusement park, in Copenhagen, when Anders was 13.

How does he remember his son at that time? Breivik considers. "An ordinary boy. Maybe … not quite ordinary. He was never very communicative; quite withdrawn. He wouldn't talk about his mother, home, school. He came to my place to relax, have a good meal, then – when he was a bit older – to go out afterwards into the city centre to meet his friends."

But by this time Breivik's marriage to Tove was breaking up, too. He is, understandably, reluctant to talk about this; three failed marriages reflect well on no one. This one finally collapsed, he says, when he asked her to contact Alcoholics Anonymous.

Then in 1992 he met Wanda, his fourth and current wife; they married three years later. Wanda "saved my life. Really. I was in a bad way when I met her. Three marriages, three divorces. Wanda's strong. She's helped put me back together. She's helping me through this, too. Though I'm not sure, frankly, that either of us will ever truly get through it."

With his marriage to Wanda, however, the children from Breivik's first marriage decided they wanted nothing further to do with their father. "They're angry with me," he says, flatly. "They think I have made too many … mistakes. Done too many stupid things."

Anders, too, cut loose around the same time, in 1995. Over the previous two or three years, things had become increasingly difficult. In his manifesto, the killer blames his father for the estrangement, saying Breivik "isolated himself when I was 15. He was not happy with my 'graffiti' phase from 13 to 16. He has four children, but has cut off contact with all of them. So I think it is pretty clear who is at fault."

Breivik disputes this. "It's true I was angry," he says. "Several times the police called me to say he had sprayed buildings, trains, buses. He was also shoplifting. But I was always willing to see him, and he knew that. It was Anders who cut it off. His decision, not mine. He was 16, building his own life. He had his hip-hop, too."

Wanda says that the couple saw Anders "regularly" before he finally disappeared. "We invited him to supper, once a fortnight," she says. "I tried with Anders; I really tried. I knew about teenage boys, I knew what interests them. He was always: don't know. Don't care."

Whoever took the initiative, father and son met for the last time in 1995. "He borrowed a jacket from me for his confirmation," says Breivik. "He told me he aimed to study in the States, on an exchange. When I heard no more from him, I thought that was what he had done." Breivik kept sending money, some £200 a month, to Anders's mother.

The two were in contact, briefly, just once more. In 2005, Breivik had a phone call out of the blue. "He told me he was doing well," Breivik says. "He had his own company, data processing, two employees. He didn't want anything; he was just anxious to tell me he was doing well and was happy. I had health problems; I said I was pleased to hear from him, and we should stay in touch. We never did."

In his manifesto, Anders claimed the business was the first step in a nine-year plan leading to the 22 July attacks; a front "for the purpose of financing resistance/liberation-related military operations". Subsequent police inquiries have shown much of this to be delusional – fabulation or wild exaggeration.

This trial will, perhaps, shed some light on what so warped Anders Behring Breivik's perceptions that he was prepared to slaughter 77 of his fellow countrymen in order to "save Norway and western Europe from cultural Marxism and a Muslim takeover".

But in his modest bungalow in France, Jens Breivik lives haunted by the part he may have played in the creation of a monster. Last month Norwegian police, assisted by French officers, spent nearly 13 hours interviewing him in Carcassonne.

The psychiatric report on his son makes clear, he stresses, "that I could have done nothing to prevent what happened." Moreover, he's convinced "I really did all I could when he was small." Maybe, it's true, he could have tried harder to stay in touch later, after 1995.

"But I honestly thought he was okay. Quiet, awkward, but not … abnormal. If he didn't want to see me, there wasn't really much I could do. I had no leverage. And anyway, after that he seemed successful, with his own business, employees. That was good, wasn't it?"

Yet however much he protests, however much he tried or didn't try, Breivik's regrets, one senses, run deeper. He knows his choices have not always been the wisest. Of his relationship with Wenche Behring, he now says: "I was stupid not to see I was being used." His third marriage, to Tove, embarked upon while the wreckage of the second was still smouldering, was also "not perhaps the right step".

In a phrase in his manifesto that, for once, might just come somewhere close to the truth, Anders sums his father up as "just not very good with people". While the photographer is busy with Breivik outside, Wanda seeks to explain.

Her husband is not someone who talks easily, she says. "I ask him to try, to let his feelings out; he really can't. He's trying to write them down. Sometimes, it's true, he has just … followed his feelings. And sometimes he has done things that are not in his own best interests, not at all, so as not to hurt or upset people. But he is a good man."

Both Breivik and Wanda are sure he will never be able to return to Norway. "Some people do feel I am guilty," he says. "I do have feelings of shame, disgrace. Damnation. Maybe … maybe I am to blame."

He has not kept any photographs of Anders, not even as a small boy, for a long time. He moved around a great deal with his job, of course. "But also," he says, "sometimes, when you have made a very serious mistake, you just want to forget it. Not be reminded."

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

ANDERS BREIVIK - A FATHER REMEMBERS Empty Re: ANDERS BREIVIK - A FATHER REMEMBERS

Post  Lamplighter Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:57 am

When the handcuffs were taken off, Breivik gave the full Nazi Sieg Heil salute, arm across chest then extending it. He denies the right of the court to try him and started accusing people of being pro-Muslim - I think it was one of the judges he was referring to. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

ANDERS BREIVIK - A FATHER REMEMBERS Empty Re: ANDERS BREIVIK - A FATHER REMEMBERS

Post  Rose Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:18 am

Rose
Rose
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:26 am

I've decided I don't greatly care if he is using an unhappy childhood as an excuse, he's a Nazi pig.

I hope Norway find a way to lock him up and throw away the key. He's no better than these foul American serial killers who slaughter women and blame Mommy.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:21 am

Latest from Sky News:

Breivik: Norway Attack 'Was Self-Defence'
Sky News – 37 minutes ago

Video: World's Eyes On Norway As Breivik Trial Begins

Anders Behring Breivik, the man accused of last year's terror attack in Norway, has pleaded not guilty but told the court he "acknowledges the acts", and that the killings were in "self-defence".
At the start of his trial in Oslo, he made a far-right salute and said he did not recognise the legitimacy of the court.
Breivik has admitted killing 77 people by detonating a bomb in the centre of Oslo and opening fire on young people attending a summer camp on Utoya island nearly nine months ago.
The 33-year-old is charged with terrorism, but he believes the attacks were a political act designed to prevent what he described as an Islamic invasion of Norway.
In court, Breivik described himself as a "writer" and told the judges: "I do not recognise the Norwegian courts. You have received your mandate from political parties which support multiculturalism."

Last week, his lawyer told reporters Breivik believes he should be facing a military tribunal , not a criminal court.
The trial began with the prosecution reading out the names and details of those killed and injured in the bombing and shooting spree last July.
Breivik was then asked what his plea would be. He told the court: "I admit to the acts, but not criminal guilt." He will take the stand again on Tuesday.
After a short break, the prosecution began its case, giving details about the accused's life in the years before the crime.
Svein Holden told the court how Breivik made money by making false diplomas and certificates in his company Diplom Service before 2006, and described his extensive online gaming habits - mostly playing World of Warcraft.
He then gave details about the accused's involvement with the Knights Templar - a network, the prosecutor said, that did not exist.
Breivik made Knights Templar uniforms for himself and bought guns and other items connected to weapons, the court heard.
The prosecution then outlined Breivik's plans for a bomb, with the court shown an image drawn by the accused for the police of the explosive device he created.
He had rented a farm 90 miles from Oslo, where he wrote his manifesto and started to assemble the bomb from fertilisers, diesel and chemicals.
The 10-week trial, which is being held in a specially-built courtroom that includes sheets of toughened glass behind the defendant, will hear from eyewitnesses, survivors and forensic experts.
His defence lawyer, Vibeke Hein Baera, has told Sky News that part of their strategy is to call a series of extremists as witnesses, to question an initial psychiatric report that deemed Breivik to be criminally insane.
A second report disputed those findings and a panel of two professional and three lay judges will have to decide whether Breivik should be sent for treatment at a psychiatric hospital or jailed.
If Breivik is found sane he faces just 21 years in prison for the killings - though the sentence may be extended indefinitely if he is still considered a threat to society.
If he is found insane, he could spend the rest of his life on the closed psychiatric ward, a fate he has declared would be "worse than death".
He wants to be found sane and accountable for his actions, so that his anti-Islam ideology - presented in the 1,500-page manifesto he published online just before the attacks - will be taken seriously and not considered the ravings of a lunatic.
He is expected to say he wishes he had "gone further", but cameras relaying the trial around the world will be switched off during his evidence to deny him a platform for his extremist views.
Both sides agree that on July 22, 2011, he drove the device into the government quarter of the capital just after 3.15pm, parked it in front of the building which housed the prime minister's office, lit a seven-minute fuse, then walked to a getaway car.
Eight people were killed in the devastating explosion and more than 200 were injured.
As survivors stumbled through the rubble, Breivik was already on his way to Utoya island, where the AUF Labour Party was holding its annual summer camp.
After convincing AUF organisers on the mainland that he was a policeman sent to secure the island after the bomb blast in Oslo, he made the short trip over the water. Then the massacre began.
For over an hour he aimed, fired and reloaded as terrified youngsters ran for cover and others fell with fatal gunshot wounds. In all, 186 bullet casings were found on the island.
He surrendered after officers finally arrived on the island, having called police to say that his "mission" had been "accomplished".
Utoya survivors have said they want Breivik to have a fair trial, and they do not want the legal system to treat him more harshly than anyone else.
The massacre shocked normally tranquil Norway , home of the Nobel Peace Prize, sparking emotional displays of national unity and a deep reflection on the delicate balance between openness and security.
The size and scope of the trial is unprecedented in the Scandinavian country, and has attracted worldwide media coverage: some 800 reporters are accredited to follow the proceedings, which are expected to last 10 weeks amid high security.
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:21 am

bb1 wrote:I've decided I don't greatly care if he is using an unhappy childhood as an excuse, he's a Nazi pig.

I hope Norway find a way to lock him up and throw away the key. He's no better than these foul American serial killers who slaughter women and blame Mommy.

Someone quoted that the most he can get is 21 years. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:23 am

I know it isn't a lot, under criminal law, LL. The best option is for him to be declared insane, he can be locked up forever that way, apparently.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:26 am

bb1 wrote:I know it isn't a lot, under criminal law, LL. The best option is for him to be declared insane, he can be locked up forever that way, apparently.
Imagine, if this had been the last century it would have been Jews, not Muslims he was railing against. The Norwegians suffered greatly under the Nazis, for them this must be very painful. They are such a gentle, friendly people, for the older people it must be impossible to understand. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:30 am

I cannot imagine how they must feel LL, seeing this filth rearing its head in their country again.

Maybe they can pay tribute to Breivik's admiration of Nazis by reviving whatever law they used to dispatch Quisling?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:35 am

Breivik tear..full of himself??

ANDERS BREIVIK - A FATHER REMEMBERS Aqme-q10

Poor victims and their families......
Rose
Rose
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:38 am

bb1 wrote:I cannot imagine how they must feel LL, seeing this filth rearing its head in their country again.

Maybe they can pay tribute to Breivik's admiration of Nazis by reviving whatever law they used to dispatch Quisling?
What mainly condemned Quisling was the charge of conspiring with Hitler over the 9 April occupation of Norway. Under war emergency legislation, the government in exile made collaboration etc with the enemy a treasonable and capital offence which was why he was shot. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:40 am

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16209118

Anders Behring Breivik has wept in court as an anti-Islam propaganda video he created was played - but showed no emotion when claiming he killed 77 people in self-defence.

At the start of his trial in Oslo, Breivik made a far-right salute and said he did not recognise the legitimacy of the court, before pleading not guilty - but said he "acknowledges the acts".
During proceedings Breivik smirked as the prosecution spoke about his early online gaming habits and bomb-making plans - but wept as the court was shown a 12-minute anti-Islam propaganda video he posted online in 2010.

I suspect he is actually crying with emotion at the wonder of his foul video, Rose.

Nazi pig.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Looks like he has an admirer, from the reply to this:

Flicksfan ‏ @flicksfan Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
@SafariSara Let's hope anti #McCann haters will learn from #Anders #Breivik case. Hate leads to widespread tragedy.
Retweeted by wicatty

Which led to this from one of the McCann-haters:

Paulius Lukosevicius ‏ @Plukosevicius Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
@flicksfan Du kjenne ingen ting om Breivik og Norge - du er galt #mccann

If that is Norwegian, then the hater has replied:

You know nothing about Breivik and Norway - you are wrong # McCann

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:15 pm

bb1 wrote:Looks like he has an admirer, from the reply to this:

Flicksfan ‏ @flicksfan Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
@SafariSara Let's hope anti #McCann haters will learn from #Anders #Breivik case. Hate leads to widespread tragedy.
Retweeted by wicatty

Which led to this from one of the McCann-haters:

Paulius Lukosevicius ‏ @Plukosevicius Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
@flicksfan Du kjenne ingen ting om Breivik og Norge - du er galt #mccann

If that is Norwegian, then the hater has replied:

You know nothing about Breivik and Norway - you are wrong # McCann

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

That is Norwegian and a correct translation. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:52 pm

A Military Tribunal sounds fine to me. The Stockade is where he ought to be. The Military don't piss about with people like him.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:38 pm

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16210107

Quote:

Reading from a 13-page document that he wrote in custody, Anders Behring Breivik defended his massacre and called it the most "spectacular attack by a nationalist militant since World War Two".

I hope someone points out to the Fascist pig that his actions follow in the footsteps of Quisling, not the Norwegian resistance.

This is interesting:

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16209208

Wise people - the worst thing they could do to Breivik is choose not to listen to him and his rantings.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:49 pm

Associated Press:

Breivik wants death penalty or acquittal

OSLO, Norway (AP) — Norway's prison terms are "pathetic," confessed mass killer Anders Behring Breivik declared Wednesday in court, claiming the death penalty or a full acquittal were the "only logical outcomes" for his massacre of 77 people.

The right-wing fanatic said he doesn't fear death and that militant nationalists in Europe have a lot to learn from al-Qaida, including their methods and glorification of martyrdom. "If I had feared death I would not have dared to carry out this operation," he said, referring to his July 22 attacks — a bombing in downtown Oslo that killed eight and a shooting massacre at a youth camp outside the Norwegian capital that killed 69 people.

Breivik's comments came as he was pressed to give details on the anti-Muslim militant group he claims to belong to but which prosecutors say doesn't exist as he describes. Several unrelated groups claim part of that "Knights Templar" name.

The 33-year-old Norwegian acknowledged that his supposed crusader network is "not an organization in a conventional sense" but insisted that it is for real. "It is not in my interest to shed light on details that could lead to arrests," he said refusing to comment on the group's alleged other members.

The issue is of key importance in determining Breivik's sanity, and whether he's sent to prison or compulsory psychiatric care for the bomb-and-shooting massacre that shocked Norway. If found sane, Breivik could face a maximum 21-year prison sentence or an alternate custody arrangement that would keep him locked up as long as he is considered a menace to society. If declared insane he would be committed to psychiatric care for as long as he's considered ill.

"I view 21 years in prison as a pathetic sentence," Breivik said. Asked by the prosecutor if he would rather have received a death penalty — which does not exist in current Norwegian law. "I don't wish for it but I would have respected that decision," he said. "There are only two outcomes in this case that I had respected, that that is the death penalty or acquittal."

Breivik claims to have carried out the attacks on behalf of the "Knights Templar," which he described in the 1,500-page compendium he posted online before the attacks as a militant nationalist group fighting a Muslim colonization of Europe.

Breivik said it exists but police just hadn't done a good enough job in uncovering it. The group consists of "independent cells," he added, "and therefore in the long term will be a leaderless organization."

Prosecutor Inga Bejer Engh pressed him about details on the group, its members and its meetings. Breivik claimed to have met a Serb "war hero" living in exile during a trip to Liberia in 2002, but he refused to identify him.

"What is it you're getting at?" Breivik told the prosecutor, then answered the question himself, saying prosecutors want to "sow doubt over whether the KT network exists." The main point of his defense is to avoid an insanity ruling, which would deflate his political arguments. One official psychiatric evaluation found him psychotic and "delusional," while another found him mentally competent to be sent to prison.

Breivik also refused to give details on what he claims was the founding session of the "Knights Templar" in London in 2002. He conceded, however, that he embellished somewhat in the manifesto when he described members at the founding session as "brilliant political and military tacticians of Europe."

Breivik testified that he had used "pompous" language and described them instead as "people with great integrity." Bejer Engh challenged him on whether the meeting had taken place at all. "Yes, there was a meeting in London," Breivik insisted.

"It's not something you have made up?" Engh countered. "I haven't made up anything. What is in the compendium is correct," he said. Later, he answered with more nuance. "There is nothing that is made up, but you have to see what is written in a context. It is a glorification of certain ideals," Breivik said.

Breivik's defensive answers contrasted with the assertive posture he took Tuesday when he read a prepared statement to the court, boasting that he had carried out the most "spectacular" attack by a nationalist militant since World War II.

His stance has angered victim support groups. "I think what we are watching is the revelation of a sort of fantasy or a dream," said Christin Bjelland, deputy head of a support group for survivors of the July 22 massacre.

Breivik admits he set off a bomb outside the government headquarters in Oslo, killing eight, then drove to Utoya island outside the capital and massacred 69 people in a shooting spree at the governing Labor Party's youth summer camp.

He said his victims — mostly teenagers — were not innocent but legitimate targets because they were representatives of a "multiculturalist" regime he claims is deconstructing Norway's national identity by allowing immigration.

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:59 pm

Well he isn't going to get Execution or Acquittal. And he is Psychotic and Delusional. And I doubt he will ever be released.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:17 pm

Sabot wrote:
Well he isn't going to get Execution or Acquittal. And he is Psychotic and Delusional. And I doubt he will ever be released.
Apparently the prosecution is running him ragged. His stories are getting jumbled as they press him re the 'Knights Templar'. He is starting to look like a one man fantasy band.
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:27 pm

Lamplighter wrote:
Sabot wrote:
Apparently the prosecution is running him ragged. His stories are getting jumbled as they press him re the 'Knights Templar'. He is starting to look like a one man fantasy band.

If there is any truth in The Knights Templar business, then The Police already know.
I don't really understand why they are trying him as he is obviously mad, unless they want to publicly humiliate him. But I've got nothing against that.
There cannot be anyone in the real world who cares if he gets what looks like a fair trial.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:30 pm

They are trying him because it is his right to a fair trial, and also to bring some closure to the relatives of the dead and those injured. Mad or not, it is necessary.
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:46 pm

Luton hits back at 'nutter' Breivik
Press Association – 6 hours ago

Luton residents have hit back at slurs on their town by mass killer Anders Breivik, dismissing him as a "nutter".

Addressing the Norwegian court where he is on trial for the massacre of 77 people, Breivik reportedly described "war-like conditions" in the multicultural Bedfordshire town and referred to so-called "Islamic no-go zones".

He is also said to have claimed that Muslims want sharia law in "places like Luton".
Local figures lined up to pour scorn on his allegations. David Jonathan, a co-ordinator at Luton Council of Faiths, said the reality was "quite different" to what Breivik implied. "Luton is a welcoming place," he said. "I know many people who have come to Luton and chosen to make it their home. Those who choose to remain on the peripheries will always have this sense of fear of no-go areas. We're not saying there are no problems - there are problems of segregation and lack of interaction - but people aren't trying to impose sharia law."

Local councillors also dismissed Breivik's rant. Liberal Democrat Jenny Davies described it as "a piece of nonsense", saying: "He's clearly never been here, or if he has I don't know where he's been. I can only think that he's picked up on stuff that's been said about Luton and decided the town's a wasteland, which it isn't. There are plenty of things in this town I could criticise but none of them have anything to do with the fact that we're a multicultural community. I really do wish these nutters would stop picking on Luton and talking about it in this way because that's not the way it is."

Labour councillor Mahmood Hussain denied the town had any problems regarding race or religion. He said: "I would challenge anyone anywhere in the world to go into every single part of Luton and tell me where these no-go areas are. I represent a very mixed community, which has Irish, eastern European, black, Hindu and Muslim residents, and I've lived here since 1969 and there's never been any part of Luton that's been a no-go area."
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:41 am

Breivik drops far-right salute in court
By AFP | AFP – 1 hour 47 minutes ago

Anders Behring Breivik, who killed 77 people in Norway last July, refrained from making his habitual far-right salute Thursday after objections from survivors and victims' families.
The 33-year-old right-wing extremist, had started each trial day this week with what he has described as a far-right "clenched-fist salute" after his handcuffs were removed, touching his chest and extending his clenched right fist in front of him.
But on the fourth trial day, the gunman dressed in a black suit and a black and white striped tie dropped the move.
On Wednesday, lawyers for the survivors and the victims's families said their clients had objected to the gesture, and Breivik's lawyers said they had informed him of the complaint and asked him to avoid it on Thursday.
"We have discussed it with him... We hope he will take this into consideration tomorrow," Breivik's main lawyer Geir Lippestad told reporters Wednesday evening, adding "We hope he won't do it."
On the third day of his trial, the accused was far less cooperative than he had been when he began giving testimony on Tuesday, refusing to answer more than 100 of the prosecution's questions.
He balked especially at questioning about a network of far-right militants called the Knights Templar, which Breivik claims to be part of but which the prosecution says doesn't exist, and his contacts with extremists in Liberia and London.
"You are trying to sow doubt about whether the network exists," he said, insisting though that he had not made up his contacts and claiming that there are in fact two other one-man cells in Norway "planning attacks" and who could strike at any time.
Breivik also told the court there were only two "legitimate outcomes of this case: acquittal or the death penalty," deriding Norway's maximum 21-year prison sentence as "pathetic".
Breivik will only get prison if the court deems him sane -- something he is fighting for so as not to delegitimise his Islamophobic and anti-multicultural ideology.
While the sentence then would be the maximum 21 years, it could be extended indefinitely if he is still considered a threat to society.
If found insane he could be sentenced to closed psychiatric care, possibly for life.
On July 22, Breivik first killed eight people last July when he set off a bomb in a van parked outside buildings housing the offices of Labour Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg, who was not present at the time.
He then travelled to Utoeya island where, dressed as a police officer, he spent more than an hour methodically shooting at hundreds of people attending a Labour Party youth summer camp.
The shooting spree claimed 69 lives, mostly teens trapped on the small island surrounded by icy waters. It was the deadliest massacre ever committed by a lone gunman.
Breivik entered a plea of not guilty at the start of his trial, saying his acts were "cruel but necessary".
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:28 pm

I can see him being locked in an asylum for life if he keeps this up, LL

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16211975

Quote:

Mass killer Anders Behring Breivik has said he planned to kill everyone and behead the former prime minister during his attack on Utoya island in Norway.

The 33-year-old, who admitted to killing 69 people on the island, calmly told prosecutors "my aim was to kill" and that he hoped to scare the rest into the water to drown.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:44 pm

I hope he does keep it up,bonny, as the more he spouts this kind of stuff the nearer he comes to being judged criminally insane and locked away in a secure mental hospital, where his ideas will receive no publicity. If he goes to an ordinary jail then he will have access to all the same things as other prisoners, mobile phone,internet, TV, prison visitors. In a secure unit his outside access will be very heavily censored. Also, he will only get 21 years if found sane, although this can be extended if he is judged to be a danger to society at the time he would be released, but if criminally insane he will be locked away for life with no parole or freedom, the same kind of regime Manson has in the USA. Or they may just lock him up and throw away the key. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next