JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Information please regarding "The Truth of The Lie" EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Information please regarding "The Truth of The Lie" EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Information please regarding "The Truth of The Lie" EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Information please regarding "The Truth of The Lie" EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Information please regarding "The Truth of The Lie" EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Information please regarding "The Truth of The Lie" EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Information please regarding "The Truth of The Lie" EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Information please regarding "The Truth of The Lie" EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Information please regarding "The Truth of The Lie" EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Information please regarding "The Truth of The Lie"

5 posters

Go down

Information please regarding "The Truth of The Lie" Empty Information please regarding "The Truth of The Lie"

Post  greenink211 Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:23 am

Information please regarding "The Truth of The Lie" Maddie10

This has been bugging me recently. I am wondering why Goncalo Amaral never published a version of his book here in the UK.

We are often reminded of the fact that it was a year after the publication of the Portuguese edition before the McCanns finally began libel proceedings, so why in the interim did no English edition appear?

Surely Guerra & Paz would have been touting it to every UK publisher as soon as it was released in Portugal as the biggest potential readership was here in the UK?

I expect the anti McCann brigade would suggest there was some kind of conspiracy. No doubt it was led by Clarence Mitchell. Every single UK publisher signed up to this agreement quite willingly, happily abandoning the chance to make a decent profit which they might well have expected to make from such a book while the case was still big news. But I am not interested in such conspiracy nonsense (unless, of course, there is even just a bit of evidence for it and then I might look into it).

I have two theories as to why the book might not have been published here.

The first is based on the fact that the book was written in early 2008 just before Amaral left the PJ and published in Portugal just a few weeks later towards the end of July 2008. I would have expected that in the run up to publication in Portugal Guerra & Paz, if they were doing their job properly, would have been touting it around the UK. But nothing seems to have come out of any such possible attempts to get interest. Why?

Well I wonder if the fact that the content bore at least a passing resemblance to the stories which a number of newspapers back in March 2008 admitted (by paying out substantial sums) they could not back up with any evidential foundation? Alarm bells would surely have rung in the UK publishers on seeing such similarities. And they would have rapidly distanced themselves from it. No need for Mitchell to intervene there.

The second theory of mine is the mirror of the first. Lets imagine that Goncalo Amaral actually knew that his theories were just that and that there wasn't sufficient evidence in the files to back them up. Isn't it likely that he would have actually avoided publication in the UK where he knew he would have to provide such evidence if challenged? In Portugal the libel situation is far more beneficial to the author and he may well have known that. Again, no need of Mitchell interference or any conspiracy.

Having read the book, I did think of a third. That the book was simply so badly written that it didn't attract interest from publishers. But I've seen enough bad books written over the years which have (because they suit the current fashion or have news interest) been published regardless. Some have even made good money. So I dismissed that one.

My theories are not exhaustive. I am sure there are others plausible theories, aren't there?

But what I would like to know is whether any evidence exists to explain this strange fact that nobody seemed to take advantage of the money-making opportunity of his book in the UK market. Does anything at all point to why it never happened? Or is it just guesswork?
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Information please regarding "The Truth of The Lie" Empty Re: Information please regarding "The Truth of The Lie"

Post  Pedro Silva Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:11 am

About " I am wondering why Goncalo Amaral never published a version of his book here in the UK", probably because amaral knows that his book of lies is not welcome in UK.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Information please regarding "The Truth of The Lie" Empty Re: Information please regarding "The Truth of The Lie"

Post  Pedro Silva Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:16 am

Also because no publishing house or publishers, wants to be related with the liar gonçalo amaral.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:58 am

I don't think any publishing house would have touched it with a bargepole, Greenink.

He openly accuses innocent people of harming their child, claims that that child is dead, spreads disgusting stories about Murat - and remember, he has dual UK citizenship -and casually abuses all sorts of UK residents along the way.

He would also know that in the UK, his rubbish would have been challenged properly.

He invents stories about all sorts of people, including UK police officers.

Kate McCann did NOT sack the family liason officers - that was an outright lie, and shown up as such when the files were published.

I said a while back that it is almost a pity that the garbage wasn't serialized in one ofc the 'heavy' UK papers - and every single person that Gonc smeared and lied about given column inches to state exactly what a liar and fraud he is.

I actually cannot think of any such 'book' as Gonc's ever being published in the UK; given the accusations he makes about innocent people, he would struggle to get it published even in the States.

Last edited by bb1 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:05 pm

Wouldn't be touched in the rest of Europe - the cost of translating etc and negative views on the chances of anyone in the UK taking it on would have stymied its publication here. Publishers like to make a hefty profit and this piece of fiction wouldn't do at all well. He could have paid a private form to publish it but he would have to foot the translation and distribution costs let alone the original payment to the publishers. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:07 pm

The second theory of mine is the mirror of the first. Lets imagine that Goncalo Amaral actually knew that his theories were just that and that there wasn't sufficient evidence in the files to back them up.

Well, if anyone knows they are rubbish, it's him, Greenink. I think he was convinced he could get away with it, that the McCanns would never take action against him.

If you go back to the early interviews:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id139.html

he oozes arrogance - a very different picture from the rather peculiar figure he is cutting these days.

Look at this:

Steve Kingstone: According to the McCann's then spokeswoman, it was put to Kate McCann in her police interview blood had been found in the car and we now know that that evidence was not conclusive, there will be people who say that the police bluffed in that inteview.

GA: I guarantee there was no bluff in those interviews, not at all, and when all the documents are made public, people will see I am telling the truth.

What actually happened when the files became public was that people saw he was lying through his teeth.

They saw for themselves that there was no 'blood' or 'body fluids' in the car - unless you could a smear of Gerry's blood on the key fob.

As he is very much alive, people can see that Amaral was at best bluffing, and at the worst feeding vicious lies to the parents of a missing child.

I swear Amaral has some kind of mental illness, he seems incapable of honesty, as he proved again this week.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:18 pm

Just look at the arrogance in this interview with Flores:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id173.html

MF - And how are things now? The book that you wrote, "Truth of the Lie", is out there. You have retired and people are calling for you from all sides…

GA - Don't even mention it. I'm exhausted. I came to have lunch with you because I had made you a promise, and I'm on my way to Vigo. I know that there are hundreds of persons waiting for me.

MF - Vigo, Madrid…

GA - I also presented the book in Seville and Barcelona, in front of hundreds of readers and the full force of the media.

MF - I read it in El País and I saw you on one or two Spanish TV channels.

GA - Eight TV stations! Can you imagine what that's like? The whole of the press. I didn't know where to turn to anymore. Even Hola!…

MF - What about sales? In Portugal, I know it's selling well. At least in the bookshops where I usually go, I see it listed high in the best-seller lists.

GA - Here we have sold 180,000 copies and we're rapidly reaching the 200,000 mark. From Spain I have no figures yet, but I know it's been selling well.

MF - And in England?

GA [laughs] - You're joking…

MF – I'm serious. It was where your life was most ruined, where you were insulted and defamed…

That is the interview in which Flores infamously declared:

MF – Things were different in my time. She would have been under such an attack that before she realised anything, she'd be in jail.

Shocking.

Last edited by bb1 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:24 pm

I'd forgotten about this one:

I have made a civil law suit against all these English newspapers, who wrote all this about me.

That was a complete and outright LIE - there has to be something wrong with him, that he does this continually.

This is hilarious:

Were you ever contacted by them, or by their advisor, because of your book?

I was never contacted by anyone from the McCann team. I was targeted with threats, with lawsuits, but it never materialised. I must confess I was disappointed...

Bit different now, isn't it? Contrast that with his bizarre antics last week, and his failure to even appear in front of a camera to give evidence in a case he himself started.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggs Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:31 pm

I think Gonc suffers from the same mental illness's as Bennett does Eek ..

They are both Mythomaniac's and Megalomaniac's rofl rofl rofl

Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:23 pm

Thank you for the comments. Very helpful indeed. Particularly revealing is that "You're joking" comment from Amaral. It suggests he understood the situation very well indeed.

greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:35 pm

If you can bear the headache it causes, it's worthwhile to go through all the old interviews helpfully collected on mccannfiles:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/

They are listed in the grey, left-hand column:

Gonçalo Amaral - The Interviews (July '08)
Gonçalo Amaral - The Interviews (Aug/Sep '08)
Gonçalo Amaral - The Interviews (Oct '08-2010)
Gonçalo Amaral - The Interviews (2011-2012)

As I recall, the libel case is also about his utterances to the media over the past few years. One look at the sheer nonsense he was talking will tell you why....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down