JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
It's Eurovision Song Contest Night! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
It's Eurovision Song Contest Night! - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
It's Eurovision Song Contest Night! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
It's Eurovision Song Contest Night! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
It's Eurovision Song Contest Night! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
It's Eurovision Song Contest Night! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
It's Eurovision Song Contest Night! - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
It's Eurovision Song Contest Night! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
It's Eurovision Song Contest Night! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

It's Eurovision Song Contest Night!

+2
Lamplighter
bb1
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

It's Eurovision Song Contest Night! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Eurovision Song Contest Night!

Post  bb1 Sat May 26, 2012 10:34 pm

They all seem to be voting for their neighbours just now rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

It's Eurovision Song Contest Night! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Eurovision Song Contest Night!

Post  Lamplighter Sat May 26, 2012 10:55 pm

bb1 wrote:They all seem to be voting for their neighbours just now rofl
All the Serb speaking states vote for each other; Greece and Cyprus vote for each other; Irish & UK, ditto. Hungary never does very well because if its history - as part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire it ruled over all its neighbours, except Turkey. and because it really has no linguistic links with any country other than a tenuous one with Estonia and Finland. And the UK gets nowt because for many Europeans GB is not a true European member, it is considered as a part of the USA. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat May 26, 2012 11:19 pm

And as just about every nation until you reach China now takes part, there's also an obvious language barrier. Due to only Ireland and the UK speaking English as a first language.

Ah well, Sweden have won; at least they can afford to put it on next year. Unfortunately, I can't actually remember it, it sounds like every David Guetta-type discopop track. She also looks like Cher when she was the other half of Sonny.

Poor old Hump, bit of a pity, that, he did deserve more points.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat May 26, 2012 11:20 pm

So, there we are, a foregone conclusion. I am sorry The Hump got nowhere, but didn't the Babushkas do well? Away now to my bed. Night Bonny! hug hug
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat May 26, 2012 11:28 pm

Night night, and no dreaming of those gorgeous babushkas! biggrin
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun May 27, 2012 8:18 am

bb1 wrote:Night night, and no dreaming of those gorgeous babushkas! biggrin

For those who did not see them, here they are! LL thumbsup Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun May 27, 2012 10:54 am

I think half of Europe was probably haunted by strange dreams of the grannies chanting, Party for everybody, everybody dance.....

While the Swedish winner sinks without trace due to it sounding like 100 other dance tracks.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun May 27, 2012 11:09 am

bb1 wrote:I think half of Europe was probably haunted by strange dreams of the grannies chanting, Party for everybody, everybody dance.....

While the Swedish winner sinks without trace due to it sounding like 100 other dance tracks.
I agree, bonny! I had a listen this morning to the Swedish one and I can't even remember the tune, whereas the Babushkas' song remains with me! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Sun May 27, 2012 11:11 am

Babushkas ..big joke, nice, but I can't believe they are second on the winning list. I've seen so many talents deserving the points that went to the granny's.
Maybe it's just me...Listen to this worldclass song,wow the number one: Sweden.

Rose
Rose
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun May 27, 2012 11:23 am

It did nothing for me, Rose, it sounded like any one of a dozen David Guetta dance tracks, but not as good...sorry!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun May 27, 2012 11:35 am

Did nothing for me either Rose, but then I am more of a classics person. LL hug
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun May 27, 2012 11:45 am

I like just about all music, LL, from classic New Orleans blues to Pitbull. Though I draw the line at modern jazz. The winner just didn't really make an impact on me, as there are so many others like it around.

Remembering the Russian grannies isn't necessarily a compliment, it just means it stood out - well, it couldn't really help doing that rofl rofl rofl

I can see it ending up in the same niche as the Birdie Dance and Agadoo... Dancing Dancing Dancing
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun May 27, 2012 11:56 am

I read somewhere that the Babushkas wanted to win so they could use the prize money to rebuild their church which was destroyed in the Soviet Era. As far as music is concerned, I don't go past Queen or David Bowie; but I really prefer classical music. Don't like jazz. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun May 27, 2012 12:04 pm

I've been trying to find out what the actual prizes are, or even if there are prizes - can't find anything.

I should think the record sales alone will be enough to rebuild quite a few churches - did the grannies actually intend to come second, or did it just sort of grow from local fundraising?

I has a look at wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest

It's Eurovision Song Contest Night! - Page 2 300px-EurovisionParticipants.svg

It hadn't really dawned on me that it had got so big. Shocked

I can see why Ireland and the UK are outgunned and outsung nowadays.

ETA, the green countries have entered.

The mustard-coloured ones can enter, but haven't - so far. Can't be long till we get the Libyan entry...

The pinks one did intend to enter, but withdrew.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Sun May 27, 2012 12:09 pm

Oh for me Red Hot Chili Peppers - Metallica - Guns & Roses and a lot between them....Middle of the road genre
Rose
Rose
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun May 27, 2012 12:19 pm

I found this interesting as regards the 'tactical voting' that is now rampant:

Political and national voting

The contest has long been accused by some of political bias, where the perception is that judges—and now televoters—allocate points based on their nation's relationship to the other countries, rather than the musical merits of the songs.[93] According to one study of Eurovision voting patterns, certain countries tend to form "clusters" or "cliques" by frequently voting in the same way.[53] Another study concludes that as of 2006, voting blocs have, on at least two occasions, crucially affected the outcome of the contest.[54] On the other hand, however, others argue that certain countries allocate disproportionately high points to others because of similar musical tastes, cultures and because they speak similar languages,[94][95] and are therefore more likely to appreciate each other's music; for example, the explanation for Greece and Cyprus' routine exchange of 12 points in every possible occasion since popular voting was introduced in 1998 is because those countries share the same music industry and language, and artists who are popular in one country are popular in the other.
Another influential factor is the high proportion of expatriates, ethnic minorities and diaspora living in certain countries, often due to recent political upheaval. Although judges and televoters cannot vote for their own country's entry, expatriates and diaspora can vote for their country of origin from their current location.
Since the number of points to be distributed allotted to each country remains equal, and independent of their population, voters in countries with larger populations have less power as individuals to influence the result of the contest than those voting from countries with smaller populations.
In a move to help reduce the effects of voting blocs since the advent of televoting in the Eurovision Song Contest, national juries were re-introduced alongside televoting in the final in 2009, each of both contributing 50% of the vote.[96] This hybrid system was expanded in 2010 to also be implemented in the semi-finals.[97] But in practice it makes little difference to 'political' voting.
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun May 27, 2012 12:20 pm

Ah, they don't make music like they used to Cool
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun May 27, 2012 12:26 pm

I'm looking forward to the Buckingham Palace knees-up - the last one was amazing.

I do hope Brian May is going to stand on the roof again.....

You must have rather a lot of self-confidence to do things like that....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sun May 27, 2012 1:43 pm

Lamplighter wrote:
bb1 wrote:Night night, and no dreaming of those gorgeous babushkas! biggrin

For those who did not see them, here they are! LL thumbsup Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing

That is a joke, but it's a fun joke. They should have won. The Eurovision Song Contest is a joke, but not nearly so much fun.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun May 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Very sadly, Brian May is not going to be performing for her Madge.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun May 27, 2012 5:50 pm

Aw, what a shame! It takes real class to pull off an opening act like that - I think only Freddie could have topped it. Though he would probably have needed a crown and sceptre...

Brian May has amazing hair; like so many of us, he is no longer in the first flush of youth, but his hair has stayed the same - it's just gone white...

It's Eurovision Song Contest Night! - Page 2 220px-Brian_May_filming_for_the_BBC's_'The_One_Show'
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun May 27, 2012 6:04 pm

His hair looks a bit like William III? He does have a wonderful head of it. Brilliant guitarist and astrophysicist and over all cool dude..... smile
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  MsMarbles Sun May 27, 2012 6:31 pm

Lamplighter wrote:
bb1 wrote:I think half of Europe was probably haunted by strange dreams of the grannies chanting, Party for everybody, everybody dance.....

I agree, bonny! I had a listen this morning to the Swedish one and I can't even remember the tune, whereas the Babushkas' song remains with me! LL

They should have won, they were brilliant biggrin

I have long since given up on the Eurovision Song Contest, it is more politcal in voting mostly adjoining Countryfolk than in voting than for the songs. UK are never going to win it again though, because the others just don't like us rofl Simples.
MsMarbles
MsMarbles
Wise Owl
Wise Owl

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun May 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Sandy Shaw and Lulu won in the 60s but who could possibly beat this?

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun May 27, 2012 7:25 pm

Well, I think talent helps...
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next