JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
EURO 2012 MATCH RESULTS - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
EURO 2012 MATCH RESULTS - Page 6 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
EURO 2012 MATCH RESULTS - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
EURO 2012 MATCH RESULTS - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
EURO 2012 MATCH RESULTS - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
EURO 2012 MATCH RESULTS - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
EURO 2012 MATCH RESULTS - Page 6 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
EURO 2012 MATCH RESULTS - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
EURO 2012 MATCH RESULTS - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

EURO 2012 MATCH RESULTS

5 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

EURO 2012 MATCH RESULTS - Page 6 Empty Re: EURO 2012 MATCH RESULTS

Post  Lamplighter Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:19 am

Tonight: Portugal v Spain 19,45 UK time

For Pedro - Boa sorte da sua equipe!

EURO 2012 MATCH RESULTS - Page 6 Portugal_flag_with_soccer_ball_sm_wm
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:31 am

I don't want to jinx Portugal so will just say, Fingers crossed, Pedro! Wink
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:08 pm

LL, bb1, thank you.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:58 pm

As before, I will post up half time, full time results and any details that might be of interest. LL

Portugal v Spain 1945 UK time.

Spain squad:
Casillas, Pique, Ramos, Arbeloa, Alba, Iniesta, Xavi, Alonso, Busquets, Silva, Negredo
Subs: Valdes, Reina, Albiol, Martinez, Juanfran, Fabregas, Cazorla, Navas, Pedro Rodriguez, Torres, Mata, Llorente.

Portugal squad:
Patricio, Alves, Pepe, Coentrao, Pereira, Veloso, Moutinho, Meireles, Nani, Ronaldo, Almeida
Subs: Eduardo, Beto, Costa, Rolando, Lopes, Custodio, Quaresma, Micael, Viana, Oliveira, Varela, Postiga.
Referee: Cuneyt Cakir (Turkey)

Update: Portugal legend Eusebio has been discharged from hospital, after being admitted over the weekend. The 70-year-old has been in Poland/Ukraine to watch the tournament.

40mns yellow card, Sergio Ramos (Spain)
45mns yellow card, Fabio Coentrao (Portugal)

Half time: Portugal 0 : Spain 0

Second half, no changes in the players on either side.

54mns Sub: Spain - Fabregas on, Negredo off

60mns Sub: Spain - Silva off, Navas on
60mns yellow card, Busquest (Portugal)
61mns yellow card, Pepe (Spain)
64mns yellow card, Joao Pereira (Portugal)
81mns Sub: Portugal - Oliviera on, Almeida off
83mns yellow card, Arbeola (Spain)
86mns yellow card, Bruno Alves (Portugal)
87mns Sub: Spain - P Rodrigues on, Xavi off

Full Time: Portugal 0 : Spain 0 +3 mns added
93mns, yellow card, Veloso (Portugal)
Off we go again, 30mns extra time added!!!!
106mns Sub: Portugal - Custodio on, Veloso off
113mns Sub: Portugal - Varela on, Meireles off
114mns yellow card, Xabi Alonso (Spain)
Still no score, so now we go into penalties!!!! (Sorry bonny!!!!)
Full-time: Portugal 0-0 Spain (Spain won 4-2 on penalties)
9.Fabregas scores POR 2-4 SPA
8.Bruno Alves missed POR 2-3 SPA
7.Ramos scores POR 2-3 SPA
6.Nani scores POR 2-2 SPA
5.Pique scores POR 1-2 SPA
4.Pepe scores POR 1-1 SPA
3.Iniesta scores POR 0-1 SPA
2.Moutinho saved POR 0-0 SPA
1.Xabi Alonso saved POR 0-0 SPA

Last edited by Lamplighter on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:30 pm; edited 21 times in total (Reason for editing : SCORE CHANGES AND NEWS)
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Oh, I think tonight's might be of interest to one or two, LL Wink
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:42 pm

Let's hope Portugal scores in extra time and it doesn't go to penalties.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:30 pm

Oh dear. Sorry, Pedro.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:34 pm

Shame! Tomorrow is Germany v Italy, Gawd, I hope they don't drag it on like this or the England one! It's past me bedtime! Night all. LL Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:36 pm

No nightmares about hostatriffids, now! Sleep
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:59 am

Spain v Germany final would probably best reflect the quality of this tournament. I think overall Spain and Germany have shown the best skills so far. Perhaps Italy will prove me wrong but I doubt it.
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:21 am

I have only one criticize to do: why didn´t Paulo Bento (the coach) called Ronaldo in the penalties? perhaps it would have been a different result.

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:29 am

Pedro Silva wrote:I have only one criticize to do: why didn´t Paulo Bento (the coach) called Ronaldo in the penalties? perhaps it would have been a different result.

Who knows? But from the comments made on the website I use for the results, they were rather scathing about Spain and praised Portugal for giving them a run for their money. I was rooting for Portugal, so I'm sorry they lost. Today I want Germany to beat Italy .... LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:51 am

Today: Germany v Italy, details will be posted up as and when, assuming this little old man can stay awake!!!!

No guess as to who I'm supporting - EURO 2012 MATCH RESULTS - Page 6 46351-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-German-Flag-Playing-Soccer
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:00 am

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:21 am

http://visao.sapo.pt/euro-2012-imprensa-estrangeira-elogia-exibicao-da-selecao-portuguesa=f672422

Euro 2012

Foreign media hails display of Portuguese national team

The international media on Wednesday praised the selection of Portuguese football, despite the elimination in the semi-finals of the Euro2012 football against the European champions Spain"

The dream of Ronaldo in Euro 2012 died in the drama of the shootout," headlines the British tabloid Sun, which praises the display of the Portuguese national team, which lacked the "killer touch to send Spain home."

The British newspaper also criticizes the Portuguese option to leave the Portuguese captain to order the collection of penalties: "Incredibly, Ronaldo did not even have the chance to beat the fifth penalty for being placed last in the list of bookmarks.

Elementary error difficult to understand in a semi-final of European Championship.

" The Italian sports daily Gazetta dello Sport also noted the decision to leave Cristiano Ronaldo to end the bulleted list of penalties.

"Fàbregas scored the fifth penalty to Spain and so Ronaldo could not beat his.

It is always a bad idea to put your best scorer in last place in the list, especially when the opponent starts a series of penalties," reads the daily trans.

The Gazzetta dello Sport is to analyze the match between the Iberian selections, considering that both played a "hyper-conservative football and so far the 0-0 always seemed to be undone," why "everything was decided on penalties," in which "the decisive mistake belonged to Bruno Alves after initial failure of the double Xabi Alonso and Moutinho."

The French sports daily "L'Equipe" headlines that Spain has qualified for his second consecutive final of Europe, after Portugal on penalties away, especially the display of the team of Paulo Bento.

"The Lusitanian, domineering tonight in regulation time, are the semi-finals for the third time in four appearances," say the French, considering Portugal "one of the best surprises" of the competition.

The newspaper "Ole" from Argentina highlighted the fact that Cristiano Ronaldo have stayed with "ganas" to beat the fifth penalty and did not avoid alluding to the rivalry with Leo Messi: "It was said that Ronaldo would win the Golden Ball to take Portugal to the final but it seems that neither will win. " The same newspaper has dubbed this Portugal from Spain of a "mini-classic in miniature", an allusion to the Real Madrid-Barcelona and highlights the fact that the two teams "have had so much respect for each other that everything is ultimately decided on penalties."

"Portugal has a very high pressure so that Spain does not impose its rhythm based touch the ball," the newspaper regarding the game today, highlighting the fact that the triplet "Xavi, Iniesta and Silva have yielded less than usual, "awarding merit" to the solid defensive block Portuguese. "

The Brazilian site "Globoesporte" headlines "Sweet Routine" on the chronicle of departure, noting that Spain beat Portugal on penalty kicks, and now has the opportunity to make history in the European Championship, becoming the first team to win it twice. "Portugal realized that the secret to catch Spain was pressing in midfield Spanish. With this approach, the Lusitanian managed the 'Fury', despite having more possession, did not reach effectively on goal by Rui Patricio" write the Brazilians, who missed out on not clear, however, the decline in Portuguese extension. In this period, according to Globoseporte, the "Portuguese was visibly tired," why Spain "was closest to the goal" in extra time, just the "greatest erosion of rivals."

Already the Folha de Sao Paulo that Spain "nor had ball control, this time," since "56 per cent of ball possession is not the normal pattern of current European and world champions."

"Portugal has not left Spain and was playing more incisive in attack, so that the picker Del Bosque Spanish was so upset that launched the range Fàbregas and Navas for the posts of Negredo and David Silva," says the same Brazilian newspaper to which Spain 'was more than an extension, when the most sought goal. " Finally, he highlighted the fact that Ronaldo "had feet, 88 minutes, the opportunity to put Portugal in the final," but the shot "does not hit the target."

Last edited by Pedro Silva on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:21 am

http://www.rtp.pt/noticias/index.php?article=566034&tm=142&layout=158&visual=49

Paulo Bento: "We tried to reach the final"

Paulo Bento argued that Portugal has made a special European and just missed a 'tip' of luck. "Some tears (the resort), but I do not think that goes far beyond a time which of course had the ambition and great dream of reaching the final. "

I think we made things so that he could reach it. During the 90 minutes, we had outstanding performance in virtually every moment of the game. It is true that the extra time, Spain had one or another situation, some wear on our part and the mistakes we made in that period out to attack. We were unable to stretch both the game and with as much quality in 90 minutes and allow the domination of Spain, not with great opportunities, but one very clear.

In the matter of penalties Spain was happier. We start with some advantage for having defended the first penalty, but this is football. Congratulations to Spain, were more effective, happy. We are left with our work. Fall as a great team with honor and pride.

I think we did an extraordinary league of Europe. Of the five games we have done, with Germany, Spain, Holland, Denmark and the Czech Republic, only lost the first game, with Germany. Then encadeámos three straight wins and beat ourselves in this way with the world champions and Europe, which is another final and can do something historic, to be European champion, World and Europe again.

We promised that we shared the game and I think we did, essentially in 90 minutes. We were perhaps more dangerous than Spain in this period.

In football, the luck factor - without taking merit to Spain, who had it, and maturity - is important and we had during this competition the least fortunate. We sent six balls to the bar. Then, on penalties, one more to the bar. In the penalty (the last of Spain) the ball hit the bar and into the side and Rui guessed.

Nothing more to say. Unless congratulate our players for a big league in Europe. I am proud of these players.

Right now, we'll have time to analyze. Of course there were other things more pleasant and unpleasant (outside football). We made a wild ride in qualifying. In the Championship of Europe, a path also huge. We were close to reaching the second end of our story. We returned this confidence to the Portuguese, of course proud of what the national team. We must continue our work.

It is now a deserved well-rested and from September to fight for the championship of Brasil2014.

I am not much given to issues that pass the ordinary course of the game of football. These players deserve the respect of all Portuguese. Officials of football and so have my share of love and pride of having them oriented during this competition and qualification phase. "
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:52 pm

I am sure people in Portugal must be disappointed, Pedro, but your team seems to have gone out with their heads held high - unlike England.

And I am sure they will learn from mistakes smile
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:13 pm

bb1 wrote:I am sure people in Portugal must be disappointed, Pedro, but your team seems to have gone out with their heads held high - unlike England.

And I am sure they will learn from mistakes smile
Just seen Peter Schmeichel, who was Denmark's goalkeeper and voted World's Best Goalkeeper in 1992, on TV and he was really surprised that Spain won . He said Portugal played far better than Spain. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:30 pm

bb1, about "your team seems to have gone out with their heads held high", you´re right, about disappointment, for what I have seen or heard, Portuguese are satisfied about the position of Portuguese team: it´s among the four best teams in this championship, which is good. Yes, you´re right: "I am sure they will learn from mistakes".
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:33 pm

Peter Schmeichel is right: "He said Portugal played far better than Spain.", Yes LL, I agree.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:37 pm

I'm sure you are all looking forward to Brazil 2014, Pedro smile
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:30 pm

To be honest bb1, I´m not, because there is plenty of time until that season arrives, besides, there are more important things in life than football, for example: to help find Madeleine.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:16 pm

Okay, off we go again! Details as they come in. LL

Germany v Italy 1945 UK kick off

Team lineup:

Germany: Neuer, Boateng, Hummels, Badstuber, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Khedira, Kroos, Ozil, Podolski, Gomez.
Subs: Wiese, Gundogan, Schmelzer, Howedes, Schurrle, Klose, Muller, Bender, Mertesacker, Gotze, Reus, Zieler.
Italy: Buffon, Balzaretti, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Pirlo, Marchisio, Montolivo, De Rossi, Balotelli, Cassano.
Subs: Sirigu, Ogbonna, Thiago Motta, Abate, Di Natale, Giaccherini, Borini, Giovinco, Diamanti, Nocerino, De Sanctis.
Referee: Stephane Lannoy (France)

We are off!!

20mns. Germany 0 : Italy 1 (Balotelli)
36mns. Germany 0 : Italy 2 (Balotelli)
36mns, yellow card, Italy - Balotelli

Half time: Germany 0 : Italy 2

Restart:
46mns Germany Subs: Podolski and Gomez off, Miroslav Klose and Marco Reus on.
58mns Italy Sub Alessando off, Diamanti on
61mns, yellow card, Italy - Bonucci
64mns Italy Sub Montolivo off, Thiago Motto on.
70mns Italy Sub Balotelli off, Di Natale on
71mns Germany Sub Boeteng off, Muller on
84mns yellow card - Italy - De Rossi
90+2mns Germany 1 : Italy 2 (Mesut Ozil)

Full-time: Germany 1-2 Italy

Spain will play Italy on Sunday in the final.

Last edited by Lamplighter on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:44 pm; edited 15 times in total (Reason for editing : Score changes and information etc)
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:05 pm

Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:08 pm

I may be proved wrong. Italy already ahead.
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next