JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Large Liz? Tower housing Big Ben to get a new name EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Large Liz? Tower housing Big Ben to get a new name EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Large Liz? Tower housing Big Ben to get a new name EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Large Liz? Tower housing Big Ben to get a new name EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Large Liz? Tower housing Big Ben to get a new name EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Large Liz? Tower housing Big Ben to get a new name EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Large Liz? Tower housing Big Ben to get a new name EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Large Liz? Tower housing Big Ben to get a new name EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Large Liz? Tower housing Big Ben to get a new name EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Large Liz? Tower housing Big Ben to get a new name

5 posters

Go down

Large Liz? Tower housing Big Ben to get a new name Empty Large Liz? Tower housing Big Ben to get a new name

Post  Pedro Silva Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:04 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Large Liz? Tower housing Big Ben to get a new name Empty Re: Large Liz? Tower housing Big Ben to get a new name

Post  Lamplighter Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:11 pm

It's the tower, which actually goes by the name of The Clock Tower which is being renamed, the actual bell is Big Ben and that will still be its name. There is a corresponding tower at the other end of the building which is called The Victoria tower, so named on Victoria's 60th Jubilee; this is apparently why the other tower will now be the Elizabeth Tower - sorry, for me Big Ben is Big Ben!! BONG, BONG, BONG!!!! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Large Liz? Tower housing Big Ben to get a new name Empty Re: Large Liz? Tower housing Big Ben to get a new name

Post  lily Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:12 pm

Agreed, LL. thumbsup
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:18 pm

I saw that, I thought it was odd, as everyone just calls the whole thing Big Ben, no-one uses the actual tower's name.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:21 pm

For me, it is, always will be Big Ben.

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:22 pm

bb1 wrote:I saw that, I thought it was odd, as everyone just calls the whole thing Big Ben, no-one uses the actual tower's name.
Since its given name is nondescript - The Clock Tower - I don't see anyone asking for that, do you? There are hundreds of clock towers in London, but only ONE Big Ben! BONG, BONG, BONG!!!! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:38 pm

We all love that sound LL.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:41 pm

lily wrote:We all love that sound LL.

For all fans of Big Ben, enjoy!!!! LL

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:24 pm

you´re right lily.

music to my ears.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:29 pm

Lamplighter wrote:
bb1 wrote:I saw that, I thought it was odd, as everyone just calls the whole thing Big Ben, no-one uses the actual tower's name.
Since its given name is nondescript - The Clock Tower - I don't see anyone asking for that, do you? There are hundreds of clock towers in London, but only ONE Big Ben! BONG, BONG, BONG!!!! LL

Don't forget The Big Bell of Bow, LL. St. Mary le Bone, I do believe.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:32 pm

Lamplighter wrote:
lily wrote:We all love that sound LL.

For all fans of Big Ben, enjoy!!!! LL

That is awesome.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:44 pm

Sabot wrote:
Lamplighter wrote:

Don't forget The Big Bell of Bow, LL. St. Mary le Bone, I do believe.
St Mary le Bow, not Bone! LL rofl rofl

The Great Bells of Bow

Gay go up and gay go down
To Ring the Bells of London Town
"Oranges and Lemons" say the Bells of St. Clements
"Bullseyes and Targets" say the Bells of St. Margaret's
"Brickbats and Tiles" say the Bells of St. Giles
"Halfpence and Farthings" say the Bells of St. Martin's
"Pancakes and Fritters" say the Bells of St. Peter's
"Two Sticks and an Apple" say the Bells of Whitechapel
"Maids in white aprons" say the Bells at St. Katherine's
"Pokers and Tongs" say the Bells of St. John's
"Kettles and Pans" say the Bells of St. Anne's
"Old Father Baldpate" say the slow Bells of Aldgate
"You owe me Ten Shillings" say the Bells of St. Helen's
"When will you Pay me?" say the Bells of Old Bailey
"When I grow Rich" say the Bells of Shoreditch
"Pray when will that be?" say the Bells of Stepney
"I do not know" say the Great Bell of Bow
Gay go up and gay go down
To Ring the Bells of London Town
The Great Bells of Bow

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:57 pm

I beg to differ, LL. It is St. Mary le Bone. Or St. Marylebone in common parlance.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:12 pm

This is a very edifying discussion, I must say. Is there a Pearly King or Queen in the house? Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:23 pm

Sabot wrote:
I beg to differ, LL. It is St. Mary le Bone. Or St. Marylebone in common parlance.
I differ, Marylebone is in the west part of central London, St Mary le Bow is in the East end. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:30 pm

bb1 wrote:This is a very edifying discussion, I must say. Is there a Pearly King or Queen in the house? Pcorneater

No. But there is a Cockney. Born within the sound of Bow Bells, in the days when you could still hear them.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down