JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Two dogs die under care of Costa del Sol-based pet company EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Two dogs die under care of Costa del Sol-based pet company EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Two dogs die under care of Costa del Sol-based pet company EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Two dogs die under care of Costa del Sol-based pet company EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Two dogs die under care of Costa del Sol-based pet company EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Two dogs die under care of Costa del Sol-based pet company EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Two dogs die under care of Costa del Sol-based pet company EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Two dogs die under care of Costa del Sol-based pet company EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Two dogs die under care of Costa del Sol-based pet company EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Two dogs die under care of Costa del Sol-based pet company

2 posters

Go down

Two dogs die under care of Costa del Sol-based pet company Empty Two dogs die under care of Costa del Sol-based pet company

Post  Max Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:26 pm

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2012/08/24/two-dogs-die-under-care-of-torre-del-mar-based-pet-company/

Two dogs die under care of Costa del Sol-based pet company

PUBLISHED: AUGUST 24, 2012 AT 10:30 AM • LAST EDITED: AUGUST 24, 2012 AT 10:50 AM
ANDALUCIA, LEAD, MALAGA •

• TRAGIC LOSS OF PET WASABI

Exclusive by Wendy Williams
A BRITISH family is demanding action after their ‘precious pug’ died while being transported between Spain and the UK.
Dianne Lunt, 54, from Marbella, alerted the authorities after her daughter Amy’s beloved pet Wasabi allegedly collapsed from heat exhaustion and suffered a cardiac arrest while in the care of courier company Pet Taxi.
The mother-of-three called in police after the dog failed to arrive at an address in Suffolk last week.
The UK authorities are now investigating after it emerged that the Torre del Mar-based company was warned about its vehicles only three months ago.
It is understood that up to seven other pets may have been temporarily handed to the RSPCA to care for after the van arrived in Dover, minus the body of Wasabi which was left in Calais.
Lunt, who has lived in Spain for 28 years, told the Olive Press: “I got a call from boss Jeremy Griffiths on Tuesday evening telling me he was dead.
“He was unbelievably cold. I couldn’t speak. I was in shock.”
She continued: “Wasabi was so loved and we were so careful about who we chose to take him home.
“Jeremy assured us he and his staff were all pet lovers and we trusted him. “Now the vet has confirmed he died of heat exhaustion, causing cardiac arrest.
“I doubt my children can ever forgive me, but I do intend to stop it ever happening again.”
Shockingly, another owner has also come forward to reveal that his golden retriever Dexter also died three years ago in similar circumstances.
Roger Holdsworth, from La Mairena in Marbella, explained how a French vet told him Dexter had also died from ‘heat exhaustion’.
“This is despite frequently contacting Pet Taxi for updates during the trip and always being reassured he was doing well,” he said.
“You can imagine my horror when I heard he had collapsed and died.
“We still feel his loss and are tormented by the circumstances of his death,” he added.
Tellingly the new death comes just months after expat Alec Strathern also denounced Pet Taxi after claiming the van his three dogs travelled in ‘was in a deplorable state’.
“The air conditioning was broken and there were holes in the floor that we had to tape up to stop the exhaust fumes seeping in,” claims Strathern, who also travelled behind the van on the trip back to the UK.
He was so angry he demanded the van be inspected by Defra when it arrived in Dover.
“Defra condemned the vehicle and the lack of permits and only allowed us to continue the journey subject to a later vehicle inspection.”
He added furiously: “I can’t believe the company has got away with it this long and is still taking orders.”
Boss Griffiths however, denies the accusations and claims he is ‘mortified’ that Wasabi died in his care.
“He was taken to the vets for a post-mortem as the customer instructed,” he said.
But he refuted Lunt’s claim that the post mortem ruled he died from ‘excessive heat and dehydration’.
“It wasn’t heat exhaustion at all. The vehicle is fitted with air conditioning. He had suffered a collapsed trachea in the throat,” he insisted.
“The pug was overweight and I raised concerns before the journey, especially as we had to take him to the vet as he had thousands of ticks.”
He continued: “The claims we are operating illegally are rubbish. We are Defra registered. I have heard nothing from Defra since the incident.
“I am devastated about what happened but we are continuing as normal.”
Defra confirmed a vehicle had been intercepted at Dover in a joint operation between Dover Police and the Animal Health and Vetinary Laboratories Agency (AHVLA).
An AHVLA spokesman said: “The incident has been referred to the local authority for investigation. We cannot comment on individual cases.”

Has your pet died while travelling to the UK? Contact newsdesk@theolivepress.es

Max
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Two dogs die under care of Costa del Sol-based pet company Empty Re: Two dogs die under care of Costa del Sol-based pet company

Post  Sabot Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:09 pm

But The Pet Passport demands that any animal be inspected and treated for Tics and Fleas before being allowed to travel. You have to get a certificate from a Vet. So what is he talking about? Either the company had to get the certificate, or the owner had to produce it.
I have sent a dozen puppies through Pet Transport throughout France and none of them came to harm.

But then if I was transporting a pet to England I would take it myself. It isn't that difficult.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down