JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Bram Stoker - Anniversary of 165 Years of Writer creator of Dracula EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Bram Stoker - Anniversary of 165 Years of Writer creator of Dracula EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Bram Stoker - Anniversary of 165 Years of Writer creator of Dracula EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Bram Stoker - Anniversary of 165 Years of Writer creator of Dracula EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Bram Stoker - Anniversary of 165 Years of Writer creator of Dracula EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Bram Stoker - Anniversary of 165 Years of Writer creator of Dracula EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Bram Stoker - Anniversary of 165 Years of Writer creator of Dracula EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Bram Stoker - Anniversary of 165 Years of Writer creator of Dracula EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Bram Stoker - Anniversary of 165 Years of Writer creator of Dracula EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Bram Stoker - Anniversary of 165 Years of Writer creator of Dracula

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bram Stoker - Anniversary of 165 Years of Writer creator of Dracula Empty Bram Stoker - Anniversary of 165 Years of Writer creator of Dracula

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:23 am

My friends, today, 165th anniversary of Bram Stoker, writer / creator of Dracula.

On this Thursday, the 08th of November, Google decided to launch a doodle to celebrate the anniversary of 165 years of Bram Stoker.

Bram Stoker is an Irish writer well known for writing "Dracula." The writer was born in Dublin, on November 8, 1847.

Bram Stoker showed talent for literature since adolescence. At just 16, he wrote his first essay. In 1870 the writer graduated in Mathematics course and five years later received his master's degree. In the year 1878 Bram Stoker married Florence Balcombe and moved to London, where he worked for 27 years in Irving Lyceum Theatre Company.

A year after he got married Bram Stoker had his first son, Irving Noel Thornley Stoker.

During the period that remained in Theatrical Company, Bram Stoker began writing novels. Shortly before writing his famous book "Dracula," the writer spent several years researching European folklore and on the mythological stories of vampires.

The novel Dracula was published on May 26, 1897.

After suffering several strokes, Bram Stoker eventually died in London, aged 64. After the death, the writer was cremated and his ashes are in an urn at Golders Green Crematorium in London.

In 1992 it launched the film Bram Stoker's Dracula. The film was starring Gary Oldman, Winona Ryder, Keanu Reeves and Anthony Hopkins. In 1993 the film won three Oscars (for Best Sound Effect, Best Costume Design and Best Makeup).

Last edited by Pedro Silva on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Bram Stoker - Anniversary of 165 Years of Writer creator of Dracula Empty Re: Bram Stoker - Anniversary of 165 Years of Writer creator of Dracula

Post  Lamplighter Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:38 am

Bram Stoker - Anniversary of 165 Years of Writer creator of Dracula Bram-stoker-2012-hp

Best Dracula on screen for me - Christopher Lee. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Bram Stoker - Anniversary of 165 Years of Writer creator of Dracula Empty Re: Bram Stoker - Anniversary of 165 Years of Writer creator of Dracula

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:52 am

The best three Dracula in my opinion: Bela Lugosi, Christopher Lee, Gary Oldman.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:12 am

I also was a huge fan of Christopher Lee in those Hammer Films. To think we used to be frightened by them. Eek rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:24 am

Bram Stoker - Anniversary of 165 Years of Writer creator of Dracula Dracula_front

I loved the Hammer horrors - they still turn up on TV occasionally...

Gary Oldman was pretty good, too, more human, if that makes sense....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:40 am

What a great poster, Bonny.

Vincent Price was another of their actors who I liked.

Do you remember Hammer Films' 'The Pit and The Pendulum' ?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:47 am

That was such a scary film....a lot of the Vincent Price ones were.

Bram Stoker - Anniversary of 165 Years of Writer creator of Dracula 220px-MasqueOfTheRedDeath(1964film)
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:55 am

Vincent Price, Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee: three excellent actors.

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Oh yes, Pedro. Frankenstein, played by Peter Cushing. smile
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:03 pm

Bram Stoker - Anniversary of 165 Years of Writer creator of Dracula Curse_of_frankenstein
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:10 pm

yes bb1: Peter Cushing as Van Helsing:

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsC/4039-2459.gif
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:10 pm

You are so lucky to see them on TV now and then, Bonny.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:12 pm

Bram Stoker - Anniversary of 165 Years of Writer creator of Dracula 4039-2459

I'd forgotten he played Van Helsing!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:27 pm

he also played Sherlock Holmes, at Starwars, also played Baron Frankenstein, amongst many other roles.

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:30 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:38 pm

lily wrote:What a great poster, Bonny.

Vincent Price was another of their actors who I liked.

Do you remember Hammer Films' 'The Pit and The Pendulum' ?
It was not a Hammer film, which were British, it was AIP which were/are American and for whom Price made many E A Poe based films. He never made a film for Hammer as far as I remember. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:48 pm

Last edited by Pedro Silva on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:51 pm

embarass Sorry, LL. You would think I should know that. Eek
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:03 pm

lily wrote: embarass Sorry, LL. You would think I should know that. Eek
No problems, sweetie, I do have the advantage of a HUGE Hammer film collection, Peter Cushing being my favorite English actor, and Price films as I like him in all he does. Talking of Dracula, has anyone seen the BBC TV version with Denholm Elliott - he goit the accent spot on and was very menacing in a gentlemany way. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:14 pm

No I didn't, LL.

I did see him and Judi Dench in the West End once in the 80's in A Pack of Lies. It was brilliant.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:29 pm

He never made a film for Hammer as far as I remember. LL

Well, there you go! All this time, I've thought they were Hammer films.

I can't remember the BBC one, LL....

I actually rather liked Tom Cruise as the Vampire Lestat - the closing frames of Interview with a Vampire were classic.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:39 pm

Sorry, my error, it was Thames TV in an anthology called Mystery and Imagination. However, for your delectation .... LL

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:01 pm

About: "I actually rather liked Tom Cruise as the Vampire Lestat - the closing frames of Interview with a Vampire were classic.", this is another vampire film favourite of mine, together with queen of the damned, Bram stokerĀ“s dracula, Van Helsing with Kate Beckinsale, also the movies with Lon Chaney, Boris Karloff. Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, Bela Lugosi, Hammer films.

the twilight saga is crap, specially when compared with the masterpieces written above.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:18 pm

I haven't seen any of the Twilight films, Pedro - are they meant for a teenage audience?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:25 pm

I adored Interview with a Vampire and actually liked Tom Cruise in that. biggrin
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next