JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Ex-Bishop Held Over Child Sex Abuse Claims EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Ex-Bishop Held Over Child Sex Abuse Claims EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Ex-Bishop Held Over Child Sex Abuse Claims EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Ex-Bishop Held Over Child Sex Abuse Claims EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Ex-Bishop Held Over Child Sex Abuse Claims EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Ex-Bishop Held Over Child Sex Abuse Claims EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Ex-Bishop Held Over Child Sex Abuse Claims EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Ex-Bishop Held Over Child Sex Abuse Claims EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Ex-Bishop Held Over Child Sex Abuse Claims EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Ex-Bishop Held Over Child Sex Abuse Claims

4 posters

Go down

Ex-Bishop Held Over Child Sex Abuse Claims Empty Ex-Bishop Held Over Child Sex Abuse Claims

Post  Lamplighter Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:54 pm

Omly a Catholic perversion? LL hmmm
Ex-Bishop Held Over Child Sex Abuse Claims
Sky News – 26 minutes ago

A retired Church of England bishop is among two clergymen arrested over historic allegations of child sex abuse.
Peter Ball, 80, was held at his home near Langport, Somerset, on suspicion of eight sex offences against eight boys and young men aged from 12 to their early 20s, sources said.
The alleged abuse is said to have happened within the scandal-hit Diocese of Chichester in East Sussex and elsewhere in the late 1980s and 1990s.
A second man, an unnamed 67-year-old retired priest, was also detained at his home this morning near Haywards Heath, West Sussex, on suspicion of separate sex offences against two teenage boys in East Sussex between 1981 and 1983, Sussex Police said.
Police said the allegations did not involve the two men allegedly acting together.
The arrests follow a review and subsequent inquiry over the past six months by a team of Sussex Police detectives.
The investigation followed receipt by police in May this year from Lambeth Palace of two reports from a CofE safeguarding consultant.
They contained reviews of Church files relating to safeguarding matters of young people in the Diocese of Chichester during the 1980s and early 1990s.
Officers described it as a "very complex inquiry" during which many people, who are all now adults, have had to be traced along with witnesses and records.
Police said there were no allegations of recent or current offending, and there was no suggestion that any young people are at risk.
Detective Chief Inspector Carwyn Hughes, of Sussex Police, who is leading the investigation, said: "The Church of England, including the Diocese of Chichester, are co-operating fully with police.
"Although the matters referred to are still subject of police investigation, Sussex Police make it clear that the force will always take seriously any allegations of historic sexual offending, and every possible step will be taken to investigate whenever appropriate.
"Allegations of historic offences are treated just as seriously as any more recent offences."
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Ex-Bishop Held Over Child Sex Abuse Claims Empty Re: Ex-Bishop Held Over Child Sex Abuse Claims

Post  bb1 Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:02 pm

Bennett won't like that; he thinks the CofE is the Only True Religion, and only Catholics can have abusers in their ranks.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Ex-Bishop Held Over Child Sex Abuse Claims Empty Re: Ex-Bishop Held Over Child Sex Abuse Claims

Post  Lamplighter Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:04 pm

bb1 wrote:Bennett won't like that; he thinks the CofE is the Only True Religion, and only Catholics can have abusers in their ranks.
Good, I hope it gives him heartburn! Abusers can be of any religion, colour or race. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:07 pm

Maybe the police should take an interest in those who endlessly speculate about the subject, and who go to great lengths to research a very unpleasant subject in which they have no qualifications whatsoever?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:10 pm

bb1 wrote:Maybe the police should take an interest in those who endlessly speculate about the subject, and who go to great lengths to research a very unpleasant subject in which they have no qualifications whatsoever?
Good idea, but I think at present they have their hands full, what with escalating abuse claims in the media, bailed terrorists .... LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:27 pm

it is truly terrible for children to be abused by a priesrt or former priest, but, to abuse boys or men, this sounds like gay, truly disgusting.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:37 pm

Sexual - or any - abuse of children is more about power than actual sex, IMO. Which is why it needs to be dealt with by trained professionals, not whipped up into hysteria by the media.

Or by self-styled 'experts'.

And most certainly not by the sort of people who enjoying speculating about it on the internet.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:56 pm

Pedro Silva wrote:it is truly terrible for children to be abused by a priest or former priest, but, to abuse boys or men, this sounds like gay, truly disgusting.
Pedro, as most gay men will tell you, they seek mutual partners; they are, like everyone, looking for love most of the time. But there are a number of straight men who enjoy abusing those who are the most vulnerable in our society. They prey on those who cannot fight back. This bishop actually cannot make the claim that, as a single man, he was tempted and felt lonely as CofE priests are allowed to marry. I would say it was the power over their victims, not anything to do with gayness. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Lamplighter, you right, I respect gays, as I respect those who, like me, enjoys female company, (I like women, I enjoy female company), I, in my opinion, will not write more comments about this topic.

Gays also deserve our respect.

My criticism / condemnation, is only against those who prey on innocent children, whether priests or former priests or whoever who they are, for me, no forgiveness for these who preys on innocent children.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Quite, Pedro. IMO, the real danger is men who hide behind marriage and outward 'respectability'; they are the kind who are most likely to prey on the vulnerable without being suspected.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:49 pm

Yes bb1, I agree with you.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:23 pm

Forgive me for stating the obvious.
Men who prey on young boys are homosexual paedophiles. Men who prey on young girls are heterosexual paedophiles. Not all homosexuals are paedophiles, and not all heterosexuals are paedophiles. Paedophiles in general are in the minority.

I don't know anything about female paedophiles or their preferences, if in fact they have any. They completely defeat me.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down