JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
LEVESON REPORT - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
LEVESON REPORT - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
LEVESON REPORT - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
LEVESON REPORT - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
LEVESON REPORT - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
LEVESON REPORT - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
LEVESON REPORT - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
LEVESON REPORT - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
LEVESON REPORT - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

LEVESON REPORT

+4
lily
muratfan
Sabot
bb1
8 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

LEVESON REPORT - Page 4 Empty Re: LEVESON REPORT

Post  Sabot Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:02 pm

bb1 wrote:e: kate mcann ariving at leveson
Justiceforallkids Today
i thought she was having a press confrence i waited up for 4 hours for nothing!!!!

She was only going to carry on b*tching anyway. Maybe she should find a book to read - oh wait, she sold it, didn't she? Wink

She was still Tweeting Bile at nearly 4 am her time. Obviously couldn't wait for the dirt so she could Tweet about that. What a pity it never happened.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:02 pm

Do they seriously think that the PM hasn't had assorted spooks take a look at the disappearance of Madeleine McCann?

The hounders don't KNOW how the services work, do they? If they did, they would quit making fools of themselves?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:04 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ed-milibands-commons-statement-on-leveson-8368752.html

Most of all, I want to pay tribute to the innocent victims who gave evidence to the Inquiry.

People who did not seek to be in the public eye, who suffered deep loss and grief, and then faced further trauma at the hands of sections of the press.

Bob and Sally Dowler. It is easy to forget now, but without the revelations last July about what happened to them and to their daughter, and their courage in speaking out, we would simply not be here today.

Gerry and Kate McCann, who suffered so much and showed such courage.

Kate McCann, whose daughter remains missing, and who saw her private diary published by the News of the World for the sake of a story.

They gave evidence to this Inquiry to serve the wider public interest and we pay tribute to them.

It is they who must be at the forefront of our minds today.

Much has been written about the reasons for this Inquiry.

A free press is essential to a functioning democracy.

The press must be able to hold the powerful, especially politicians, to account, without fear or favour.

That is part of the character of our country.

At the same time I do not want to live in a country where innocent families like the McCanns and the Dowlers can see their lives torn apart simply for the sake of profit.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:08 pm

Mark Watts ‏@MarkWatts_1
@muratfan We reported Cameron's side. You need to see fine detail of the report. Best wait for our report on the report re #McCann tomorrow.

Who on earth does he think he is, telling people to wait to be told what they think of the report? He does know people can read it for themselves?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:11 pm

I am a bit pissed off with him. He can surely see how badly The PCC have failed, so is he doing this to somehow allow half of the recommendations?
And if he wasn't going to like what he got from Leveson then why have it in the first place?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:22 pm

Maybe playing politics, Sabot, waiting to see the mood of the public? There does seem to be near-unanimous agreement that the press cannot go on like this.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:30 pm

bb1 wrote:Maybe playing politics, Sabot, waiting to see the mood of the public? There does seem to be near-unanimous agreement that the press cannot go on like this.

Well he certainly won't get any sense out of The Press, so he will have to look to Public Opinion, which apart from the Forkers and Shit Bags who slag off anyone, is looking on the side of Lord Leveson. The General Public don't want that sort of Free Speach because they don't need it.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:32 pm

Is he simply struggling with the worries that the free press could be a thing of the past if it becomes government regulated? If regulation is what he is concerned about?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:33 pm

I thought some of Leveson's ideas seemed sound?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:39 pm

Yes, especially the million-pound fine for misconduct; that's enough to hurt them, and doesn't make it financially worthwhile to use false stories to sell copies.

It'll take a day or two for the dust to settle.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:40 pm

lily wrote:Is he simply struggling with the worries that the free press could be a thing of the past if it becomes government regulated? If regulation is what he is concerned about?

I don't think there is any plan for it to be Government Regulated, Lily. God forbid that. But on reflection, exactly who is going to do it?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:42 pm

I do like The Million Pound Fine. So long as most of it goes to The Victims and not The Government.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:43 pm

Thank God that you don't want state regulations, Sabot. The suggestion was for a beefed up independent regulator? If so, let's hope and pray that this will work well.

I thought this was a good article.

Leveson Inquiry: Sharing alarm bells with a prime minister

3:36pm Thursday 29th November 2012 in From The Editor's Chair By Peter Barron

Prime Minister David Cameron makes his statement to the Commons following the findings of the Leveson Inquiry
IT speaks volumes that a Conservative prime minister should have alarm bells ringing over any state interference in the press.

I thought David Cameron was impressive in his response to Leveson. He made it clear that the status quo is not an option, that Leveson has laid down a way forward, but he draws the line at the moment on the proposed "underpinning" by legislation.

He describes it as a "crossing of the rubicon" which we should be very careful about - and he's right. They are the same alarm bells going off in my head.

What the PM seems to be saying is that legislation may not be necessary if the press comes together behind the main recommendations of Leveson - for a beefed-up independent regulator. The question is: Will it?

I said on Wednesday that the price for retaining self-regulation would be an all-inclusive independent system. If the press fails to agree to it, then the alternative is much worse - state regulation. I know which one I'd prefer.

Ed Miliband says there are no more last chance saloons for the press and we should move straight to the Leveson model in its entirety. Hold on, Mr Miliband - don't forget you're talking about a minority who've been drinking in the last chance saloon, and this decision will affect every journalist.

We have a firm proposal on the table for an independent regulatory body - let's see how the newspaper industry reacts to it, in an established timescale, before deciding whether we really should cross the rubicon.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/features/columnists/peterbarron/editorschair/10079705.Sharing_alarm_bells_with_a_prime_minister/?ref=mmsp
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:49 pm

I don't want The Government any where near this, Lily. Biggest bunch of shit bags ever. No, it has got to be independent, but I am not sure how they will achieve that.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:52 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1018425/kate-mccann-pm-should-act-swiftly-on-leveson

Madeleine McCann's mother Kate said today she hoped the Leveson report would mark the start of a new era for the press and urged David Cameron to "embrace the report and act swiftly".

Mrs McCann gave moving evidence to the Leveson Inquiry about the intense media interest after her daughter went missing during a family holiday in Portugal in 2007 and was at the Queen Elizabeth II conference centre for the report's publication.

She said: "I welcome Lord Leveson's report and hope it will mark the start of a new era for our press in which it treats those in the news responsibly, with care and consideration.

"I hope the Prime Minister and all the party leaders will embrace the report and act swiftly to ensure activation of Lord Leveson's recommendations within an acceptable and clearly defined timescale."
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:16 pm

Well done Mrs. McCann.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:03 pm

God, the spite and hatred is dripping out of them. It's very disturbing.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:21 pm

Isn't it just? And despite what happened with the diary being laid out clearly by Lord Leveson, this forker repeats a LIE:

Hi Eli. I just have a memory that one paper paid for it but another 'acquired' it, and it was the acquiring one that caused all the personal angst. The other that paid well that was ok. So it wasn't the matter of it being her very private personal diary, it was that there was no money forthcoming.

The only person 'paid' for the diary was whichever disgrace to Portugal it was who sold one of the police copies to CdM, after a judge ordered them all to be destroyed and the diary returned.

Now, how is that going to look when Gonc is in the dock? He was in charge when the diary was siezed.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Lord Justice Leveson's full statement – video:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/video/2012/nov/29/leveson-statement-video

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nick Davies on what the Leveson report means for press regulation - video:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/video/2012/nov/29/leveson-report-press-regulation-video
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:26 pm

Good finds, thanks, Pedro.

Do you think this is simple enough for the forkers to understand? Lord Leveson stated, of the diary:

The diary was seized by the PJ in August 2007 pursuant
to its investigations, but the Portuguese court ordered its return to Dr McCann, as well as the
destruction of all copies in its possession. The PJ had translated the diary into Portuguese and
unfortunately one of the copies of the translated version found its way into the hands of a
Portuguese journalist.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:46 pm

You welcome bb1, I agree with you.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:49 pm

Now, who do the McCann-haters think had a version of the diary translated by the Portuguese police - BESIDES SOMEONE IN THE PORTUGUESE POLICE?

It isn't difficult or complicated; someone close to the PJ sold a copy they illegally retained.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:09 pm

No one else outside of The PJ could have had access to Kate's Diaries. These Diaries were Translated by the PJ and the copy that was sold was in Portuguese. It had to be The PJ, There is no other explanation.

The copy obtained by The News of The World had be translated back into English and this was proven by the fact that not all of the words were identical to what Kate had written.

PJ> CdM> News of The World.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:18 pm

I don't think these people can read....

Paulius Lukosevicius ‏@Plukosevic
#mccann - according to leveson madeleine was not abducted "Drs Kate and Gerry McCann whose daughter Madeleine disappeared" says it all
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
2h Viv ‏@anotherviv
@Plukosevic Thank you, yes, it does say it all, not 1 senior UK person has ever said Madeleine #McCann was abducted, so what else!

So, what's this, then?

3.2 Madeleine McCann was abducted from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on
3 May 2007, shortly before her fourth birthday

The report repeatedly refers to Madeleine's abduction; don't tell me the forkers and hounders have a Dodgy Report to match their Dodgy Translations?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:20 pm

marilyn ‏@mazmac54
Can someone remind me how the NOW got hold of Kate #McCann 'intensely personal' diary?

Yup; someone in Team Gonc swiped a police translation.

Next!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next