JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Express: Maddie movie outrage EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Express: Maddie movie outrage EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Express: Maddie movie outrage EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Express: Maddie movie outrage EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Express: Maddie movie outrage EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Express: Maddie movie outrage EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Express: Maddie movie outrage EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Express: Maddie movie outrage EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Express: Maddie movie outrage EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Express: Maddie movie outrage

4 posters

Go down

Express: Maddie movie outrage Empty Express: Maddie movie outrage

Post  bb1 Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:56 pm

Express: Maddie movie outrage Expres10

From the  cover, it appears to be an independent film (which usually translates as cheapo rubbish) about the abduction of a little girl on a family holiday.

The 'star'/director, one Mark Harris, claims he tried to emulate the feelings of Gerry McCann during the production of Abducted.

The cover ends with the McCanns declining to comment but -

Ah well, no doubt it will give the Amaral supporters something new to foam about tomorrow.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Express: Maddie movie outrage Empty Re: Express: Maddie movie outrage

Post  bb1 Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:01 pm

This appears to be it:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3868342/

Express: Maddie movie outrage MV5BMzY4MjA5MDcxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzkyNjY2OQ@@._V1._SX148_CR0,0,148,200_

Not quite seeing the resemblance myself - I certainly don't recall Gerry McCann stomping about with firearms...
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:04 pm

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3868342/bio

2013 is set to be another stellar year for Mark with two starring roles in the anticipated action thriller - Abducted, a gritty drama depicting the dark underbelly of LA's child trafficking rings and Paranormal Activity style horror, The Crypt. The multi-talented Harris will also make his writing and directorial debut whilst starring in Abducted.

Definitely failing to see the resemblance, unless it is an oblique reference to one or two scandals in Portugal....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:08 pm

So, he's made a movie about children being abducted by scumbags in LA, and about the only thing it has in common with Madeleine's abduction by scumbags in Portugal is that the star/director has tried to think himself into Gerry McCann's shoes.

The Express has, not for the first time, whipped up the rest?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:27 pm

Maddie Movie Outrage

A DISTURBING British film about the abduction of a little girl on a family holiday has sparked outrage after its director drew parallels with the Madeleine McCann case.

Actor Mark Harris stars in and directs Abducted, an independent 90-minute film which will be released later this year in cinemas.

The 40-year-old father of three said he tried to emulate the feelings of Gerry McCann during the production.

And he suggests the film may help the search for Madeleine, who was kidnapped from a holiday home in Portugal six years ago.

Mr McCann and his wife Kate declined to comment but a

TURN TO PAGE 5
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:34 pm

Many thanks, Greenink. Maybe the full story will explain the need for outrage - I haven't seen anything outrageous so far, but no doubt it will become clearer later.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:49 am

Although without seeing a script it is difficult to know for sure, I think he simply took inspiration from Gerry to base his character off?

ETA: It seems to me that he thinks that the publicity will help in the search although, I wonder if he really isn't wanting to use the real abduction to help himself.

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:28 am

That rather seems to be the case, Lily;

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/414730/Maddie-movie-outrage

Maddie movie outrage

A DISTURBING British film about the abduction of a little girl on a family holiday has sparked outrage after its director drew parallels with the Madeleine McCann case.

Actor Mark Harris stars in and directs Abducted, an independent 90-minute film which will be released later this year in cinemas.

The 40-year-old father of three has said he tried to emulate the feelings of Gerry McCann during the production.

And he suggests the film may help the search for Madeleine, who was kidnapped from a holiday home in Portugal six years ago.

Mr McCann and his wife Kate declined to comment but a family friend said: "It is outrageous to suggest parallels between what is portrayed in this film and what happened to Madeleine.

"Kate and Gerry won't dignify it with a comment. It could even hinder the search for Madeleine."

Mr Harris, a successful amateur boxer with tattoos on his biceps, pulls no punches in showing the dark reality of child trafficking.

The film tells the fictional story of a British family who rent a home in Los Angeles for a holiday, not realising violent people smugglers have installed hidden cameras to watch their every move.

He plays the father, Matt Hollis, who is out shopping when two abductors snatch his five-year-old daughter Lara and savagely attack his wife Alison.

Mr Harris wrote the script and raised the £750,000 for the project.

The film was shot in south London and Los Angeles, where he investigated child trafficking himself by reading FBI files and meeting officials with the charity Saving Innocence, whose endeavours he supports.

Mr Harris, who recently played a cheeky chappy role in the horse racing comedy Outside Bet, starring Bob Hoskins, told the Sunday Express: "I was taken aback by how rife trafficking of kids abroad is today.

As part of his research he studied the McCann case and deliberately cast two of the fictional abductors as they looked like two men featured in artists' impressions.

Those individuals are still being sought in connection with Madeleine's abduction.

Explaining his thinking, he said: "This was not for dramatic effect. It was because I felt it may bring, in some small way, even more awareness of the case. If the film prompts someone to come forward with information in relation to the case that would be great.

"After interviewing victims, I tried to evoke some of the feelings they and Gerry McCann would have felt.

"However you can never really know what these poor people have had to suffer - you can only give your version and try your best to reflect the breakdowns and pain they must endure every day.

"I wanted to make this film something I could be proud of, to make sure that the plight of these victims and the McCanns was not forgotten."

But people who see the film will find difficulty relating the fictional character Matt Hollis to Gerry McCann, who has won admiration for his dignified determination to find his daughter.

In the film, Hollis takes murderous revenge against those involved in the abduction.

------------

Quite; it's probably an OK-ish B movie, the kind that turns up on obscure satellite channels a week after release.

No doubt it will have given the McCann-haters something else to rant about, though.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:31 am

And here's one now - the crazed Iberian hateblogger and Amaral fanatic, mariapetipois, or whatever she's called:

mariaccnr ‏@mariaccnr
@Daily_Express To tracey kahndola
always the same stories about this couple #mccann and always same photos. None new? Are they divorced?

Nasty old baggage - she seems to be confusing the McCanns with the second-time-around divorcees Gonc'n'Sofa.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:43 am

Shocked Shocked  Oh dear.  Sounds like a huge flop.  Sometimes independent movies do really, really well.  Other times........no.

He couldn't get a studio interested in his idea so raised his own funds.  Without reading his outline or script, I can't say much about it but I will say that the story line in the article sounds week.  A problem in Hollywood for so many is, you are only as good as your last movie.

I saw Ben Affleck's Gone in 60 Seconds on one of my jaunts.  He had class.  This other guy is trying to exploit.  

Bonny, just seen your post.  They keep wanting for a movie to be made which is quite Amoral-centric, I believe.  The green eyed monster strikes again.  

Maybe they would have attempted to do that if they could have got Universal et al to part with their money.  Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:03 am

Re: Maddie Movie Outrage. !
Post Justiceforallkids Today at 8:11 am

WTF has this got to do with the mcanns life doesnt revolve around them!!!

So, why do that lot follow every move the McCanns make? Spend their every waking moment gossiping about them, and inventing garbage when they've nothing better to do?

Remember their feeding frenzy over a badly-written line in the Telegraph? Obsessed or what?Pcorneater 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:25 am

WTF has this got to do with the mcanns life doesnt revolve around them!!!

If she would read the piece before having her knee jerk reaction, she would see that the McCanns don't want this. Rolling Eyes 

The person doing it has related it to the McCanns, most likely for the publicity. It's easy when you read......biggrin Pcorneater 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:33 am

I think we can all see whose lives revolve around the McCanns -

Express: Maddie movie outrage BFv4Fp4CEAAkjX3

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1909.0

According to the Daily Telegraph the McCanns have broken up?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:39 am

Absolutely, positively, correct. thumbsup biggrin 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:44 am

Okay,now I am remembering something maybe 2 or 3 years ago. There was a film, called 'Abduction' from the USA which was due for release in the UK either on Madeleine's birthday or on the day she disappeared, or maybe at the London Film Festival. Its release was postponed for a couple of months. Anyone remember this? LL hmmm 
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:57 am

It rings a bell...is this it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abduction_(2011_film)

It sank without trace....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:01 pm

There was also Gone Baby Gone (which I stated earlier was Gone in 60 Seconds) Shocked biggrin 

That was the one that Ben Affleck did in 2007 and of his own volition, delayed the release of.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:03 pm

Ah yes! It's amazing how many movies I HAVEN'T seen - and don't think I missed much...
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:07 pm

That's the one I saw on one of my flights.  thumbsup

You didn't miss much, Bonny. It was okay and filled time......
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:10 pm

Gone, baby, gone was the one I was thinking of. It was called Abduction in parts of Europe. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down