JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
IN MEMORIUM EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
IN MEMORIUM EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
IN MEMORIUM EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
IN MEMORIUM EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
IN MEMORIUM EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
IN MEMORIUM EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
IN MEMORIUM EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
IN MEMORIUM EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
IN MEMORIUM EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

IN MEMORIUM

3 posters

Go down

IN MEMORIUM Empty IN MEMORIUM

Post  Lamplighter Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:26 am

Today is National Holocaust Memorial Day. Please give a moment's thought to those who died in the camps, Jews, Gypsies, Christians, the old, the young, and most of all the innocent children who never had a chance to grow up. RIP. Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

IN MEMORIUM Empty Re: IN MEMORIUM

Post  bb1 Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Survivors to mark Holocaust Memorial Day
Last updated Mon 27 Jan 2014
UK
Holocaust survivors and members of the public will today observe a memorial day to mark the liberation of the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp.

Events will be staged across the country in remembrance of victims of the Nazi persecution as well genocides in Cambodia, Rwanda, Bosnia, and Darfur.

Yesterday anti-fascist protesters confronted supporters of a far-right Hungarian political party ahead of a planned rally in London.

Karen Pollock, chief executive of the Holocaust Educational Trust, said the visit of the Jobbik party leader Gabor Vona on the eve of the memorial day was "deplorable".

This year's Holocaust Memorial Day marks the 69th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau, the largest Nazi death camp.

I wish the human race showed some sign of betterment, LL, but sadly, it doesn't.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:28 am

Last night I watched a very moving program where Jerry Spinger retraced the last days of  his grandmothers in the Holocaust, one in her late 70s, the other over 80.  One died in the hospital at Theresienstadt concentration camp, the other was gassed in a mobile van at Chelmno extermination camp.   It was so sad as he cried and recited Kaddish at the station where one of them was pushed into the cattle truck that took her to her death.   He also visited the site of the camp, now just a pile of bricks and rubble, where the gas van was used.  There was a happy/sad ending as he was introduced to a cousin he had never met.   I lost relatives in Maithausen before the war, their crime was not being Jewish but being intellectual and therefore a threat to the Nazis.   LL

Last edited by Lamplighter on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:38 pm

It was so sad yesterday.  Reading that Springer had said Kaddish for his relative moved me.  

A person can talk about man's inhumanity towards man and say they don't understand it, then I remember the forkers.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down