JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Gardening Thread. - Page 38 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Gardening Thread. - Page 38 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Gardening Thread. - Page 38 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Gardening Thread. - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Gardening Thread. - Page 38 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Gardening Thread. - Page 38 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Gardening Thread. - Page 38 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Gardening Thread. - Page 38 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Gardening Thread. - Page 38 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Gardening Thread.

+6
Maggs
sadie
Lamplighter
lily
bb1
Sabot
10 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Gardening Thread. - Page 38 Empty Re: Gardening Thread.

Post  Sabot Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:59 pm

Well, I don't know, Lily. Back home now from Elaine's house, and feeling a bit sad for her. But only after I discovered that her brother in law has a PhD in History. Dear old Eric that no one pays any attention to because he never says anything.
Just how stupid can I be?
I am feeling a teensy bit disgusted with myself at the moment.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:23 pm

Sabot, please don't be hard on yourself. If you were not told that information, how are you supposed to know?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:50 pm

lily wrote:Sabot, please don't be hard on yourself.  If you were not told that information, how are you supposed to know?
Perhaps you shouldn't assume, Lily. Which is what I did. And I never even asked.

I am very far from being half decently educated, although i don't much care about that anymore. But for me to assume that someone is a fool because he never told me how clever he is is probably the worst thing that I have ever done. And I am mortally ashamed.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:06 pm

You didn't say that you thought he was a fool......?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:31 pm

lily wrote:You didn't say that you thought he was a fool......?
No, I didn't say. But I thought he was. That's the thing you see.

He had this wonderful Pink Mercedes, except that I discovered today that it was his wife who actually owned it. It originally belonged to some fashion icon whose name I can't remember. But that is all I ever saw of him. A wonderful Pink Car. How stupid can you get?
He was a wealth of information, and I missed it.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:23 pm

Okay. Loads of bloody Apples waiting to be turned into Chutney. And a bucket full of Elderberries today. But I have stuffed them in the freezer.

I am off somewhere or another shortly. Getting really stressed, but that is just me.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:28 pm

Good harvest this year, Sabot?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:51 pm

Please, Sabot. Try not to be stressed. Take a few deep breaths and think of something calming.

hug hug 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:06 pm

Yes, it is looking like a good year. Loads of bloody everything.. Although the Chestnuts have a small way to go yet. But there are so many of them.

This was all such bounty during The War, and they tell me that this was so. But then they tell me that not all Germans were bad. Some of them tried to help.
There were always the Submarine Pens down in Lorient which were manned by gentlemen. Naval Officers, if you understand.

They used to make flour out of Chestnuts, although I haven't quite worked that one out yet. But I expect that I could if I had to.

But it is all to do with surviving. Do not waste anything.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:11 pm

Was dreaming about a huge chestnut tree in bloom last night, Sabot. biggrin 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:15 pm

lily wrote:Please, Sabot.  Try not to be stressed.  Take a few deep breaths and think of something calming.

hug hug 
No chance, Lily. I am totally freaked because I have to depend on someone else. And I have never been good at that. So until I actually get on that bloody train then I am going to worry.
Auray is about an hours drive from me, and this is the nearest Station, so I have to depend on someone else to get me there, at seven o'clock in the morning.
Okay, it will probably be okay. But please forgive me for freaking.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:23 pm

Of course we can forgive you. hug 

Have you checked with the person today? I understand that it can be nerve wracking to depend on someone to drive you when they do not live with you.

Everything will be fine. xx
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:27 pm

lily wrote:Was dreaming about a huge chestnut tree in bloom last night, Sabot.  biggrin 
They don't actually bloom. Love. You never see what they are going to do until they do. They never have flowers. Only Candles which are briefly interesting. Really boring until the chestnuts appear. Probably the most boring tree that I have ever come across. Until they drop their fruit.
And then you have to decimate your hands to get at the nuts. This is not fun.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:37 pm

lily wrote:Of course we can forgive you.  hug 

Have you checked with the person today?  I understand that it can be nerve wracking to depend on someone to drive you when they do not live with you.    

Everything will be fine.  xx
Nope, I am holding off at the moment.. I thought that I might give him a wake up call on Tuesday. But I am pretty sure that it is me who is the freak anyway.
Just so silly. But my youngest son says that I would worry if I didn't have anything to worry about.. Bloody little arsehole. See you, Jimmy.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:42 pm

There is an old chestnut tree in England where I lived a long time ago, that I just love for some reason.

So, it looked like it was blooming in my dream. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl 

Yes, give the guy a wake up call. There you go. thumbsup 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:35 pm

Ah Ha.  Possible success at last.  I am off on Monday to some weird French village 100 Kilometres away to pick up a Female, seven year old Black Pug whose owner has died.

I am really excited about this, and convinced that this is the dog who was looking for me, rather than me looking for a dog.  Six months it has taken.  And I was getting a bit desperate.  I have never been so long without a dog.

I have had three other black dogs before, all of whom were slightly sorry articles, but all of whom turned out to be superb.  
Some dogs grab you and some dogs never quite do, although you still love them anyway, if you are a dog nut like me.
But I do believe that there is only ever one really special one.  After that you do the best you can.

Nothing so far as wonderful as Hamlet, my black Afghan who died forty years ago, and over whom I still cry, but the other two did come a good second, and I still hear Romulus in the house sometimes at night.

I have now gone into Paranoia mode.  Supposing I break down on the road, and supposing I get lost, or something that I haven't got around to thinking of yet?  
But at least I appear to have a small amount of credit on this hideous new cell phone that I truly do not understand.
I even had to get my neighbour to show me how to turn it on.  How pathetic is that?

Mais en y var.  I don't know her name yet, and I might change it if I don't like it, but this is not difficult.  It rather depends on the year in which she was born.  The French have an alphabet which tells you how old a dog is. And I do stick with that.

She is very pretty from her photograph, if you could ever call a Pug pretty.  Poor little soul, she is probably a bit confused at the moment, so she might take a minute or ten to get used to me.

Micro chipped, and vaccinated up to date.  But I might not carry this on as I do believe that dogs are vastly over vaccinated these days.  They don't actually need half of them, and vaccinations often cause problems anyway.

Update on Monday.  Wish me well, please. I actually need this dog.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:39 pm

Aw, lovely, Sabot, let's hope you're right for each other. smile 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:39 pm

Go for it, ma petite, sending lotsa good thoughts to speed you on your way. LL hug hug cuddle cuddle 
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:01 pm

Well, she is only a dog, isn't she, although I am a frightful snob about dogs.  I only ever own pedigree dogs, and she is certainly that.

But after fifty years of a knowledge of gross interbreeding I at least know something about the ills of such, and how to deal with them.  My grossly interbred dogs did not die young.  So I do my own bit of rescue.

Not sure how she is going to feel about raw meat or minced herring, but she won't be fed any shit commercial dog food in my house.

Funnily enough, I just happen to have such stuff that I continued to buy after Romulus was put to sleep because I knew that there was a dog out there  somewhere, one day.

At the moment I am only concern with the fact that the poor little article will be very upset by being shovelled around to people that she does not know, although I don't think for a minute that she has been badly treated.  Just fed and housed by people who don't actually want her.  And now she has to deal with me.  So it will take a little while.  I might even take her up to bed with me for a couple of days.  I never do that because my bedroom is no place for dogs.  But perhaps on this occasion.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Got her, and she is really sweet. I don't think she is frightfully mad keen on me at the moment. She most definitely did not want to come in the house so I had to chase her round the garden and corner her. Not a lot of fun as I did my back in two days ago. She won't be going out again tonight. I shall just have to hope she doesn't have an accident.

PS. She hasn't bitten me yet.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:01 pm

Have just seen your posts about your dog, Sabot.  Oh bless her.  She will come to love the pudding out of you and you her.  hug 

Looking forward to hearing more about her.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:05 pm

It'll be fine, Sabot, poor little thing probably doesn't know if she's coming or going, with so many changes in her life.

And not biting is good.

She's probably worked out already that you've done your back in, so decided to let you chase her round. Dogs are like that. She probably will have an accident, but hey ho! At least then she'll have made her new home smell acceptable.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:23 pm

Hey Ho. She has climbed into the bed I put down for her. She must be exhausted, poor thing. She appears to have been kept in a shed, perhaps because she chased the cats, and maybe this is why she didn't want to come inside.

She has so far refused to eat anything, but she is a bit over weight, so that won't kill her.

An accident won't matter. I have cleaned up a few of those in my time. And I am definitely not chasing a black pug around the garden in the middle of the night.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:03 pm

My back is still seriously bad, and I am on a mixture of Paracetimol and Opium at the moment. But Charlotte is fine, and keen to play the Guard Dog. Running around and barking her head off at all quarters. But always happy to see me, although I can't pick her up just now.

She is unspeyed, which fact I don't intend to alter at the moment, but when she goes out, I go out, although all of the dogs around here are big and I don't know when next she will be in season.
Fortunately, she is not used to much freedom when coming and going and I have decided to keep it like that for now.

She is really sweet and incredibly well behaved. Almost like a gift from the gods. And never an accident in sight.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:13 pm

So pleased it's all worked out for both of you. hug 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next