JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Joan Rivers has died EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Joan Rivers has died EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Joan Rivers has died EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Joan Rivers has died EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Joan Rivers has died EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Joan Rivers has died EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Joan Rivers has died EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Joan Rivers has died EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Joan Rivers has died EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Joan Rivers has died

2 posters

Go down

Joan Rivers has died Empty Joan Rivers has died

Post  bb1 Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:07 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1330358/comedian-joan-rivers-dies-in-new-york-aged-81

Comedian Joan Rivers Dies In New York Aged 81
The acid-tongued comic who broke the male stranglehold on late-night talk shows had been in hospital since last week.

Comedian Joan Rivers has died in New York at the age of 81, her daughter has confirmed.

Joan Rivers has died 2518773-2-198x111

The notoriously sharp-tongued comic had stopped breathing and gone into cardiac arrest at Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan last week while undergoing an operation on her vocal chords.

She was put on a life support system until the day before her death when she was moved out of intensive care and "kept comfortable", but her condition deteriorated.

In a statement, her daughter Melissa Rivers said: "It is with great sadness that I announce the death of my mother, Joan Rivers.

"She passed peacefully at 1.17pm, surrounded by family and close friends."

She added: "My mother's greatest joy in life was to make people laugh.

"Although that is difficult to do right now, I know her final wish would be that we return to laughing soon."

Ms Rivers was known for a long television career, during which time she broke the 'glass ceiling' by becoming the first female host of a late night chat show.

More recently she was host of E!'s Fashion Police, which involved her talking about the unfortunate red carpet choices of Hollywood celebrities.

Her friend Jeanne Wolf, speaking to Sky News Tonight, said that her relatives must have known she was close to death as they made preparations.

"It's very sad. I've really been waiting for this news for days but I was hoping I wouldn't get it and when I heard the words 'she is dead' it really hit me in the heart.

"Even the people who didn't approve of her or fought her back will miss her because she was so brave and so quick and smart and talented and funny.

"I keep trying to think of jokes, which is a terrible thing to say, but it's exactly what Joan would be doing if she was in the room right now.
I think she was very insecure about her appearance. She never felt pretty.

"Cindy Adams her dear friend said they brought in a hairdresser, and a make up artist. They must have known she was near death and dressed her up and that was understanding her. She really was a total fighter.

"It was impossible for a woman to be taken seriously as a comedian. She fought to get those bookings when she thought 'they are not going to hire me any more'. She said 'I'll show them...'"

As well as her daughter, she had one grandson, Cooper. Her husband, Edgar Rosenberg, died in 1987.

Melissa Rivers added: "Cooper and I have found ourselves humbled by the outpouring of love, support, and prayers we have received from around the world. They have been heard and appreciated."

I am so, so sorry to hear that, I thought Joan was indestructible. And it's doubly shocking that a routine procedure should go so horribly wrong.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Joan Rivers has died Empty Re: Joan Rivers has died

Post  lily Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:21 am

Bonny, me too.  So dreadfully sad as she was such an intelligent, quick thinking but compassionate lady.

Bless her.  

Joan Rivers has died 10639448_10153144304584638_2934660214141657953_n
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:54 pm

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/05/showbiz/celebrity-news-gossip/joan-rivers-funeral/index.html?hpt=hp_c4

Brian Rie$Verified account
‏@moneyries
Joan Rivers' funeral requests (via her book ‘I Hate Everyone…Starting with Me’) inc. paparazzi, craft services, Meryl pic.twitter.com/y1E4uO1RFT

Joan Rivers has died BwttWSrIQAAFeyG

I hope Joan gets her wish....she must be sooo annoyed at leaving this earth because of something so silly and should-have-been routine.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:59 pm

OMG, brilliant. A Harry Winston toe tag! In fact, who wouldn't want Harry Winston around the neck, wrist, finger or ears.

She recently said this...

During a recent talk show appearance, the comedienne made it clear that she wasn’t interested in prolonging her life if she wasn’t at the top of her game. “Do not resuscitate if I cannot get up and be able to do 90 minutes onstage in concert,” she said, joking that her lawyer tried to negotiate her down to 60 minutes if they gave her a really good opener.

Her aim was to make people laugh and she wanted this to happen after her death too.

What a great lady and a one of a kind!

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down