JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Creche at Mark Warner EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Creche at Mark Warner EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Creche at Mark Warner EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Creche at Mark Warner EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Creche at Mark Warner EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Creche at Mark Warner EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Creche at Mark Warner EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Creche at Mark Warner EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Creche at Mark Warner EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Creche at Mark Warner

5 posters

Go down

Creche at Mark Warner Empty Creche at Mark Warner

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:31 pm

Reading some of the recent comments about Madeleine and her siblings being "dumped" in the creche at Mark Warner make me wonder whether those commenting actually have children, or if they do, have the actually been on holiday.

They seem to imagine that the sort of "kids clubs" run by the likes of MW, ClubMed, Sunsail etc are a gloomy room where children are cooped up under the watchful eye of grim faced "nannies" while their parents go off to enjoy themselves and, (unforgivable on holiday), imbibe alcohol. - a sort of "dotheboys hall" meets butlins.  

The reality is, of course, somewhat different.  Although it was a good few years ago now, given the choice between spending a few hours playing games, sports and activities with a large group of other children,  or trailing round with parents, the little sods wasted little time before voting with their feet.  

Which meant a happy time was had by all.

Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Creche at Mark Warner Empty Re: Creche at Mark Warner

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:52 pm

Ah, but the haters are all Perfect Parents, Jean-Pierre, so their offspring are only too happy to be chained to them 24/7. What, you surely don't think the children of Perfect Parents could know a second's happiness away from Perfect Mummy's side?

God forbid they should be having fun with other children!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:58 pm

bb1 wrote:Ah, but the haters are all Perfect Parents, Jean-Pierre, so their offspring are only too happy to be chained to them 24/7. What, you surely don't think the children of Perfect Parents could know a second's happiness away from Perfect Mummy's side?

God forbid they should be having fun with other children!

Quite.

There was a recent article in the paper about a newish breed of "helicopter" parents. They hover over their children, always watchful. You may have seen some - diary (or preferably smartphone) in hand, trying to work out how to get little Amelia from her dance class to her chess club and then to ballet.....

And quizzing the unfortunate child's school teaher as to why little Amelia only got a "b" in her last maths test.

And then there are the lawnmower parents. Similar - they just hover lower.

Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:05 pm

Very good points J-P, I wonder if they ever took vacations.  My kids have been to Club Med a few times which was brilliant for them.  There is so much for them to do with other kids or by themselves that they are guaranteed to have a good time.  We would typically catch up at meal times.  

Even now, my kids will talk about the enjoyment that they had there.  Since they were happy, I know I was.

I wonder if those commenting are like the people I had the misfortune of seeing on a hastily arranged vacation to Tunisia.  It was the vacation from hell.  Overweight people from the UK stripped to their waists every day chugging beer from breakfast on.  That was just the women.  
There appeared to be no supervision of naughty noisy kids running wild.......
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:11 pm

That sounds just like them, Lily. They somehow imagine 'good parenting' is dragging their offspring around with them on their pub crawls - no danger of ever catching one of them in a historic building, for instance. No, they head straight for the bar with the Union Jacks outside that advertises horrible fry-ups, with their offspring in tow, naturally.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:37 pm

lily wrote:Very good points J-P, I wonder if they ever took vacations.  My kids have been to Club Med a few times which was brilliant for them.  There is so much for them to do with other kids or by themselves that they are guaranteed to have a good time.  We would typically catch up at meal times.  

Even now, my kids will talk about the enjoyment that they had there.  Since they were happy, I know I was.

I wonder if those commenting are like the people I had the misfortune of seeing on a hastily arranged vacation to Tunisia.  It was the vacation from hell.  Overweight people from the UK stripped to their waists every day chugging beer from breakfast on.  That was just the women.  
There appeared to be no supervision of naughty noisy kids running wild.......

Quite, Lily.

I am not sure most of them are in the Club Med demographic.

If they have heard of it they probably think its a rather exclusive hospital.......

Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:32 pm

What thoughts those are J-P.  Sadly, I imagine you are right though.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:54 pm

I never had a holiday with my children. I sent them all to Boarding School. No chance of me getting a holiday.

Well, there was one event, which I prefer to forget, when we went to Italy, and they were so embarrassed by my behaviour on the aeroplane that they begged me never to take them away again.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:59 pm

You didn't want to fly?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:08 pm

I don't anymore, Lily.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:34 pm

about "dumped", the truth is: Madeleine and her siblings were not "dumped" in the creche, they were there to enjoy fun in the creche.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down