JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
America goes to the polls - Page 24 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
America goes to the polls - Page 24 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
America goes to the polls - Page 24 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
America goes to the polls - Page 24 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
America goes to the polls - Page 24 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
America goes to the polls - Page 24 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
America goes to the polls - Page 24 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
America goes to the polls - Page 24 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
America goes to the polls - Page 24 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

America goes to the polls

4 posters

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

America goes to the polls - Page 24 Empty Re: America goes to the polls

Post  Lamplighter Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:03 pm

lily wrote:Of course, LL, and that is so sad.  Crying or Very sad  They are, after all, known as the lost tribe.

Personally, I really do like the Golden Rule above all others.
Sort of 'Do as you would. be done by' ie treat others as you would wish to be treated.   But people don't do they?  Remember that riot in NY over the two boys, one black and one Jewish, knocked down by a car driven by a Jewish man?  The ambulance called refused to take the black boy as he wasn't Jewish and as I recall he died in the road.  The hospital that sent the ambulance was a strict Orthodox one and refused the bend the rules or accept that all life is sacred.   This kind of thing is why I have no religion as such, I believe in humanity.    LL

Last edited by Lamplighter on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:10 pm

I don't mind people being religious, it's when they fail to live up to their faiths that the trouble starts. Oh, and when they try to force their faiths on other people.

And no, I don't think God gave Israelis the right to steal other people's land.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:24 pm

Agreed. smile
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:22 pm

http://mobiletribune.com/2015/03/05/could-michelle-obama-run-for-president/

Could Michelle Obama run for President?
While I was lamenting the fact that Barack Obama’s term will be over in 2016, and to bad he couldn’t run for office again because he would surely win, a friend suggested that maybe Michelle Obama could run up against Hillary Clinton.image Talk about an epiphany, I was estatic that he made this suggestion and for a moment I imagined the possibility. Afterall, Bill Clinton was president and now Hillary is running, so why not Michelle Obama? Since we can be sure Michelle is supportative of her husband’s accomplishments and goals, we can also feel confident she would cotinue in his vein. Barack Obama will leave office with so much more he would like to mend for this country, and having Michelle as commander and chief Americans would enjoy the benefits of his – their – vision. I have no doubt that if Michelle announces her intent to run, she would immediately have the support of Americans needed to win. I encourage the first lady to consider running and know that in doing so she will be immensely appreciated by a majority who want to see the working and middle class gain higher ground against the forces that hold us back. -Preston Brady III, Mobile Tribune.

Wasn't George Wallace the last person to try that trick? With his wife Luella?

Be afraid, be very afraid. Hide
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:37 pm

Shocked NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:41 pm

What is even more terrifying is that the Free Sh*t Army would vote for her 110%, just like they did her husband.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:10 pm

That's the idea, I think?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:14 pm

Lily, it won't surprise me one bit if some 'crisis' gets faked up that lets the Obamas stay in the White House. I don't see him leaving office willingly; he hasn't completely trashed America or started a really BIG war yet.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:22 pm

Give him time, Bonny. I do hope that he doesn't walk over the Constitution even more.....
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:54 am

http://rt.com/news/239161-maduro-us-sanctions-venezuela/

Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro has accused the US of trying to “defeat” and “intervene in” his government, after Washington labeled Caracas a national security threat and implemented sanctions against seven of its officials.

“President Barack Obama, representing the US imperialist elite, has personally decided to take on the task of defeating my government and intervening in Venezuela to control it,” Maduro said in a national TV address. “That’s why they have taken today’s measure.”

Maduro called the move a “colossal mistake” and “imperialist arrogance” similar to that of former US leaders such as Richard Nixon and George W. Bush. He stressed on Monday that will be asking the National Assembly for decree powers through a so-called Enabling Law to “preserve peace” and “fight imperialism.”

READ MORE: Venezuela imposes mandatory visas for all US citizens, bans for Bush & Cheney

Moreover, Maduro called the sanctioned officials “heroes.”

“I congratulate them,” he said, adding “it’s an honor” to be included on the US sanctions list. Maduro even named one of the sanctioned officials – national intelligence head Gustavo Gonzalez, the new interior minister.

US President Barack Obama signed and issued the executive order, which the White House claims targets Venezuelan officials who participated in human rights abuses.

“Venezuelan officials past and present who violate the human rights of Venezuelan citizens and engage in acts of public corruption will not be welcome here, and we now have the tools to block their assets and their use of US financial systems,” White House spokesman Josh Earnest said in a statement.

“We are deeply concerned by the Venezuelan government’s efforts to escalate intimidation of its political opponents,” he added.

Langley trying the regime-changing tricks again. Fortunately, the whole world knows about it now, and will fight it any way they can.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:26 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/10/biden-blasts-gop-letter-to-iran-on-nuclear-deal-approval-saying-it-offends-me/

A political firestorm erupted late Monday after an open letter from Republican senators to Iran's leaders challenged President Obama's ability to strike a permanent nuclear deal with Tehran.

Vice President Joe Biden strongly denounced the letter in a statement saying the missive "offends me as a matter of principle" and was "beneath the dignity of an institution I revere."

"In thirty-six years in the United States Senate, I cannot recall another instance in which senators wrote directly to advise another country — much less a longtime foreign adversary — that the president does not have the constitutional authority to reach a meaningful understanding with them," Biden said in his statement.

The letter signed by Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., and 46 of his colleagues warned Tehran that any nuclear deal needs congressional approval in order to last beyond Obama's term and pointed out that without that step, all Iran would be left with is a "mere executive agreement" between Obama and Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

The letter added, "We hope this letter enriches your knowledge of our constitutional system and promotes mutual understanding and clarity as nuclear negotiations progress."

In a response posted on the website of Iran's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Foreign Minister Javad Zarif dismissed the GOP letter as "mostly a propaganda ploy."

"It is very interesting that while negotiations are still in progress and while no agreement has been reached, some political pressure groups are so afraid even of the prospect of an agreement that they resort to unconventional methods, unprecedented in diplomatic history," Iran's top diplomat added.

more at link

I won't even attempt to understand what that is about; I can only assume that those involved have lost their marbles,
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:22 pm

It's about the limits that the Pres currently has, Bonny, as he is nearing the end of his term.

War can only be declared, for instance, with the authorization of Congress.  

As for what Biden says, well, so he is offended.  He will get over it.  Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:55 pm

I can't sort any of it out, Lily, it's now beyond my comprehension.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:51 pm

Since Obama is a Lame Duck President, there are problems with him trying to reach an agreement with Iran about a deal that Iran wants to sunset in 10 years. He won't be in office then.

He cannot legally do it without Congress' approval and this is too serious a matter for him to attempt to do what he is doing.

Hope that makes sense, Bonny?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:54 pm

So far Lily....so, the Republicans have written to Iran and said, This won't be worth the paper it's written on?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:59 pm

lily wrote:Since Obama is a Lame Duck President, there are problems with him trying to reach an agreement with Iran about a deal that Iran wants to sunset in 10 years.  He won't be in office then.  

He cannot legally do it without Congress' approval and this is too serious a matter for him to attempt to do what he is doing.

Hope that makes sense, Bonny?
Lily, I have always found US politics confusing. Who controls Congress? If it's the GOP then surely all they need to do is veto it? LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:06 pm

bb1 wrote:So far Lily....so, the Republicans have written to Iran and said, This won't be worth the paper it's written on?

That is the intent, Bonny.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:11 pm

LL, the GOP has the majority of seats in Congress so yes, they control it now.

The US system is one of checks and balances.

http://www.socialstudieshelp.com/lesson_13_notes.htm
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:14 pm

Iran's version of it all:

Sen. Tom Cotton, author of a much-criticized letter to Iran’s leaders, says the letter has more support in the US Congress than the 46 Republican senators who have co-signed it.

In an open letter to leaders of the Islamic Republic on Monday, 47 Republican senators warned that a potential nuclear deal with Tehran would not be acceptable until it is approved by the US Congress.

They also said the agreement would be abandoned after President Barack Obama leaves office in January 2017. "The next president could revoke such an executive agreement with the stroke of a pen and future Congresses could modify the terms of the agreement at any time."

The White House was quick in its condemnation of the letter, accusing Republicans of throwing “sand in the gears” of the talks between Iran and the P5+1 countries – the US, Britain, France, China, Russia, and Germany, which have entered a sensitive final stage.

Sen. Cotton, refused to acknowledge that the letter was meant to undermine Obama’s efforts in nuclear negotiations with Iran.

But he said the letter has widespread support in Congress.

“I talked with all Senate Republicans, we worked with many Senate Democrats, many senators didn’t sign for various reasons but many senators agree with my views even if they didn’t sign the letter,”he said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

In another interview, the senator said he welcomed more senators to join his open letter. “We have four potential candidates in the US Senate on the letter,” Cotton said on CNN’s “New Day” Tuesday morning.

“I welcome even Hillary Clinton to join us because I suspect she might have reservations about this ill-fated nuclear deal as well,” he added.

President Obama has lashed out at Republicans for undermining his foreign policy.

"I think it's somewhat ironic to see some members for Congress wanting to make common cause with the hardliners in Iran. It's an unusual coalition," Obama said Monday.

Obama stressed that he was confident any deal with Iran would be implemented. "I think what we're going to focus on right now is actually seeing whether we're going to get a deal or not. Once we do, if we do, we'll be able to make the case to the American people, and I'm confident we'll be able to implement it."

Tehran has dismissed the GOP move as a publicity stunt that has no legal value.

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said Monday it was ironic that members of the US Congress find it appropriate to write to leaders of another country against their own president.

He pointed out that the authors do not understand international law when it comes to presidential powers in the conduct of foreign policy.

"I should bring one important point to the attention of the authors and that is, the world is not the United States, and the conduct of inter-state relations is governed by international law, and not by US domestic law,” the foreign minister stated.

Make of that what you will. I think I am losing track of this one.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:17 pm

In three words...New World Order?

So we have now forfeited the right to self rule according to that?

Last edited by lily on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:17 pm

lily wrote:LL, the GOP has the majority of seats in Congress so yes, they control it now.

Even more confused! So, if Obama tries to actually start a war he can be vetoed by Congress, which at present is dominated by the GOP. So the President can rant and rave but he has to get past Congress before the US goes to war? Think I understand - I told you I don't do politics!! LL hug
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:18 pm

http://www.infowars.com/obama-signs-executive-order-declaring-venezuela-a-national-security-threat/

On Monday Obama signed an executive order declaring Venezuela a national security threat.

The unilateral action targets seven Venezuelan officials who will have their property seized by the U.S. government and be denied entry into the United States. The order makes it a crime for a U.S. citizen to do business with the individuals.

The officials include the head of state intelligence service Sebin, the director of the national police, a former National Guard commander, three other military officers and a state prosecutor.

The Obama administration said the move does not target the Venezuelan economy or its energy sector. Venezuela is recognized as having the largest oil reserves in the world, surpassing Saudi Arabia.

Venezuela is the fourth-largest supplier of crude to the United States. The U.S. is the country’s top trading partner.

Declaring Venezuela a threat to the national security of the United States is the first step in starting a sanctions program against the South American country. The U.S. accuses the government of President Nicolas Maduro of violating human rights.

That's absolutely insane, how on earth can frigging Venezuela be a threat to the US?

I have this Theory that what Obama is actually trying to do is get the US isolated from the rest of the world.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:20 pm

Lamplighter wrote:
lily wrote:LL, the GOP has the majority of seats in Congress so yes, they control it now.

Even more confused!  So, if Obama tries to actually start a war he can be vetoed by Congress, which at present is dominated by the GOP.    So the President can rant and rave but he has to get past Congress before the US goes to war?   Think I understand - I told you I don't do politics!!  LL hug

He would need money for it and who approves the appropriation?  Yes, the Congress.

Have just read your post, Bonny. That would seem the logical assumption there. He seems to hate us, I tell you.....
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:20 pm

So the President can rant and rave but he has to get past Congress before the US goes to war?

I stand to be corrected by Lily - and anyone else that understands it - but I think Obama can bypass that by calling a war a 'military/humanitarian action' and using his role as Commander in Chief to simply issue orders?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:22 pm

Maybe it is just Judeo-Christian values he abhors? Just guessing, of course.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next