JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Gonzo's libel trial re-starts - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Gonzo's libel trial re-starts - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Gonzo's libel trial re-starts - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Gonzo's libel trial re-starts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Gonzo's libel trial re-starts - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Gonzo's libel trial re-starts - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Gonzo's libel trial re-starts - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Gonzo's libel trial re-starts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Gonzo's libel trial re-starts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Gonzo's libel trial re-starts

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gonzo's libel trial re-starts - Page 2 Empty Re: Gonzo's libel trial re-starts

Post  lily Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:00 pm

I'll say especially after the court heard this:-

Fatima de Oliveira Esteves, representing publisher Guerra e Paz, admitted that Mr Amaral 'appeared to have invented' much of the book.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Gonzo's libel trial re-starts - Page 2 Empty McCanns vs Amaral verdict nearing

Post  Max Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:15 am

McCanns vs Amaral verdict nearing

Created: 06 February 2015

The verdict in Kate and Gerry McCann’s civil action against the former lead detective Gonçalo Amaral may come sooner than expected because of a recent behind-the-scenes development in the long-drawn-out case.

The question of whether or not Kate and Gerry McCann are legally entitled to represent their daughter Madeleine in their claim for damages has taken a significant step closer to being resolved, according to a source close to the process.

Madeleine was made a ward of court in the UK in April 2008. In January last year, Amaral argued in Lisbon’s Palace of Justice that because Madeleine was still a ward of court the McCanns did not have the legal right to represent her in their Lisbon lawsuit against him and three other parties.

The Lisbon judge, Emília Melo e Castro, gave Madeleine’s parents the opportunity to obtain appropriate documentation about the ward of court matter from the British High Court.

The McCanns had a 30-day set period in which to present this. They did so without delay and much earlier than expected. The documentation was presented to the Lisbon court through the couple’s lawyers on 23 January. None of the defence lawyers has or is expected to raise any objections.

So it is now up to the Lisbon judge to decide the relatively straightforward matter of whether the documentation attests to the McCanns’ right to represent Madeleine. When this is settled, the trial is expected to move towards its last formal exchanges and then, finally, sooner than most people had anticipated, perhaps next month, a verdict.

The McCanns are seeking €1.2 million in damages for the severe distress they say has been caused to them by Amaral’s book, A Verdade da Mentira (‘The Truth of the Lie’), and a subsequent documentary.

The judge’s recent summary of the main points in the case that had been proved or not proved left Amaral and his supporters optimistic about the eventual outcome.

Amaral said this week that he was hoping for an acquittal and the lifting of financial difficulties that have burdened him since the McCanns decided to sue five years ago.

© Len Port

http://algarvedailynews.com/news/4705-mccanns-vs-amaral-verdict-nearing

Max
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:42 am

Huh, and I hope to win the lottery every week, Max. I suspect I have a better chance....

The McCanns had a 30-day set period in which to present this. They did so without delay and much earlier than expected. The documentation was presented to the Lisbon court through the couple’s lawyers on 23 January. None of the defence lawyers has or is expected to raise any objections.

Gonzo was pinning a lot of hope on that - I wouldn't be surprised if he had been getting his legal advice on British law from some numbskull in the UK like Bennett.

Incidentally, did you know that blogging churnalist LEN PORT is a member of the hounders' hate site?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:57 pm

he did invented much of the book to feed his nasty purpose.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:15 pm

I wonder why The McCanns never told us about proving their right to represent Madeleine? This simply isn't good enough.
And why did The Judge need it anyway, if Amaral is going to win?

Perhaps she just likes collecting rubbish paperwork.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:19 pm

I wonder why The McCanns never told us about proving their right to represent Madeleine?

Why would they, though, Sabot? If you read their reasons for the WoC status, Judge Hodge's remarks, etc., it's glaringly obvious that they did NOT surrender normal parental rights; the WoC status was just to ensure that, wherever in the world Madeleine may be found, she is under the protection of the Crown. End of.

That's why I suspect Gonzo has been getting some woefully bad legal advice from the UK.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:50 pm

I know, Bonny. Obviously somdebody has been feeding him Bull Poo. Just like the Seven Years Dead idea. But sadly, all to no avail.
I have no idea how much The McCanns will be awarded, and I don't really care. And I never supposed that The McCanns did either. A sum of money had to be asked for when the suit was filed.

This whole case was just a means to shut him up after his claims became more and more bizarre. And in my opinion, it was never the book that was the problem. It was his cocky, big mouth, for which I doubt The Publisher made allowances.

PS. Got it, JP. I think.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2