JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Chinese court posthumously clears 18-year-old executed for murder EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Chinese court posthumously clears 18-year-old executed for murder EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Chinese court posthumously clears 18-year-old executed for murder EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Chinese court posthumously clears 18-year-old executed for murder EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Chinese court posthumously clears 18-year-old executed for murder EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Chinese court posthumously clears 18-year-old executed for murder EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Chinese court posthumously clears 18-year-old executed for murder EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Chinese court posthumously clears 18-year-old executed for murder EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Chinese court posthumously clears 18-year-old executed for murder EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Chinese court posthumously clears 18-year-old executed for murder

3 posters

Go down

Chinese court posthumously clears 18-year-old executed for murder Empty Chinese court posthumously clears 18-year-old executed for murder

Post  Lamplighter Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:57 am

http://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-chinese-court-exonerates-18-year-old-murder-20141215-story.html

Forced convictions are common in China’s legal system. Police are often under intense pressure to solve cases as quickly as possible, and many suspects are not adequately represented by lawyers. State-run TV often airs video of incriminating statements made by detained suspects even before their trials are held.
The retrial and overturning of Huugjilt’s original guilty verdict gave hope to Zhang Huanzhi, the mother of Nie Shubin. Zhang believes that her son was also wrongfully executed in 1995 for the 1994 rape and murder of a woman.
And the compensation - $5,000. Life in China is so cheap .... LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Chinese court posthumously clears 18-year-old executed for murder Empty Re: Chinese court posthumously clears 18-year-old executed for murder

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:03 pm

Life is cheap everywhere, LL, China just doesn't bother pretending otherwise. Unusual for them to reverse a conviction, though.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Chinese court posthumously clears 18-year-old executed for murder Empty Re: Chinese court posthumously clears 18-year-old executed for murder

Post  Lamplighter Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:28 pm

bb1 wrote:Life is cheap everywhere, LL, China just doesn't bother pretending otherwise. Unusual for them to reverse a conviction, though.
Reversal is extremely rare as they use the commie line that you are guilty as charged and the state is always right. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:34 pm

Ah yes, of course, they favour guilty till proven innocent, and the State can't make mistakes, don't they?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:44 pm

bb1 wrote:Ah yes, of course, they favour guilty till proven innocent, and the State can't make mistakes, don't they?
Of course they don't bonny, you don't understand because you are democratically minded. Lord knows how many Chinese people have been murdered by the State or are incarcerated in gulags - you can hide anyone or anything in a country so vast, and with the people controlled the way they are who is going to speak out? Ai WeiWei is a one-off. LL

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:53 pm

You misjudge me, LL, I DO understand. I am fascinated by politics, and the use and abuse of power. I just don't divide the world into heroes and villains, and assume that we are always the Good Guys and THEY are always bad. With one or two honourable exceptions, whoever is at the top ALWAYS abuses power; some just do it more openly than others.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:27 pm

You misjudge me, LL, I DO understand
I apologise, bonny. As you know I am apolitical and I admit to having problems with people hurting people. I think I would be better on a small island in the middle of nowhere. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:42 pm

Someone would just decide your small island had better coconuts than theirs, or your small island was blocking their trade route, and it would all start all over again.

I recommend watching the ongoing financial crash, sparked by this mad plan to wreck the Russian economy, which is now wrecking economies worldwide - whatever genius started this, clearly hadn't heard of the Law of Unintended Consequences.

The oil war is taking nations like Venezuela, Norway and especially Canada out - Canada has been extracting oil from their Tar Sands, and have done this:

Chinese court posthumously clears 18-year-old executed for murder Tarsands

to a huge area of formerly-beautiful Alberta for more $$$$$$$.

The collapse in oil prices now makes that mess ^^^^^ unprofitable, which in turn has wrecked the controversial Yellowstone pipe scheme in the US, which while almost as ugly, would have kickstarted local economies.

And this is why it is all so fascinating.....all this has come about because foolish Ukrainians took poisoned cookies.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:24 pm

For said Ukrainians.......Act in haste, repent at leisure?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:46 pm

Don't there seem to be pale shades of Amoral in this?  Am thinking what happened to the Cipriano mother.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down