JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Fighting in Israel/Lebanon border area EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Fighting in Israel/Lebanon border area EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Fighting in Israel/Lebanon border area EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Fighting in Israel/Lebanon border area EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Fighting in Israel/Lebanon border area EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Fighting in Israel/Lebanon border area EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Fighting in Israel/Lebanon border area EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Fighting in Israel/Lebanon border area EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Fighting in Israel/Lebanon border area EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Fighting in Israel/Lebanon border area

3 posters

Go down

Fighting in Israel/Lebanon border area Empty Fighting in Israel/Lebanon border area

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:08 pm

The Israeli version:

http://news.sky.com/story/1416605/netanyahu-warns-hezbollah-over-convoy-attack

Lebanon's Hezbollah militant group has claimed responsibility for an attack on an Israeli military convoy - as Benjamin Netanyahu warned opponents "look what happened in Gaza".

A political source in Lebanon said a number of Israeli soldiers had been killed and wounded in a "big operation" that saw the convoy attacked in an Israeli-occupied border area.

Israeli tanks reportedly shelled areas of southeastern Lebanon in response to the attack, as Israeli Prime Minister Mr Netanyahu issued his warning.

"My recommendation to those who challenge us in the north is to take a look at what happened in Gaza," he said.

"The (Israel Defence Forces) is responding now to the incident in the north. The IDF stands ready to act forcefully on all fronts."

The attack on the convoy in the Israeli-occupied Shebaa Farms area was in response to an Israeli rocket attack in Syria, a source familiar with details of the operation told AFP.

And a statement broadcast on Hezbollah's Al-Manar television channel said: "At 11.25 (9.25am UK time) this morning, the Quneitra martyrs of the Islamic Resistance (Hezbollah) targeted an Israeli military convoy in the Shebaa Farms composed of several vehicles, which was transporting several Zionist soldiers and officers.

"There were several casualties in the enemy's ranks."

One security source told AFP that more than 15 shells had since been fired on Lebanese border villages and Israeli warplanes were flying over the area.

Another security source said the Israeli army was firing a new shell into the area about every two minutes, and was also firing artillery.

The Lebanese army has been deployed to all five villages that were shelled, but it was unclear whether Hezbollah had a presence there.

Israel's military operation in Gaza last summer saw around 2,200 Palestinians killed, most of them civilians, while 66 IDF soldiers and five Israeli civilians were killed.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Fighting in Israel/Lebanon border area Empty Re: Fighting in Israel/Lebanon border area

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:11 pm

Live coverage from Iranian media:

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/01/28/395094/Four-Israeli-soldiers-killed-in-missile-attack

13:46 GMT Israeli military says it is responding with aerial, ground strikes on Hezbollah positions

13:41 GMT “Hezbollah fighters destroyed a number of Israeli vehicles carrying officers, soldiers”

13:39 GMT Israeli military confirms at least 7 soldiers wounded in occupied Sheba’a farms

12:58 GMT Yedioth Ahronoth - Lieberman: "We must respond harshly and disproportionately to Hezbollah shelling just as China or the US would in similar circumstances."

12:48 GMT Al-Mayadeen: Heavy Israeli overflights reported on Lebanese villages of Marouahine, Ayta al-Sha’ab and Ramiya

12:45 GMT Arab League calls on the UN Security Council to intervene and end the Israel-Lebanon tension

12:36 GMT Hamas: Hezbollah has legitimate right to respond to Israel’s policy of assassination

12:35 GMT Palestinian group Islamic Jihad praises Hezbollah ‘heroic’ operation against Israelis

12:35 GMT Security sources told Al-Mayadeen: Dialogue is ongoing between Lebanon and UNIFIL to reach a ceasefire

12:33 GMT Israeli fighter jets pound artillery posts in territory held by Syrian army

12:30 GMT Yedioth Ahronoth: Israel denies reports saying its soldiers being kidnapped in northern border attack

12:28 GMT Israeli Channel 10 says military is preparing for a ground operation against Lebanon

12:25 GMT Israeli airports in Haifa and Rosh Pina closed

12:24 GMT Lebanon news agency: Israeli drone flying over Marjeouyoun region, south of country

12:20 GMT UN peacekeeper killed by Israeli shelling as Israeli tanks begin shelling areas in south of Lebanon.

12:16 GMT Lebanon new agency: Israeli soldier captured during Sheba’a operation

=======

One of these days, Israel is going to get a helluva pasting, IMO. They seem to be awfully good at bombing, and firing artillery shells, but not much good at actual fighting any more.

Hezbollah gave them a fright on that border a while back, and the IDF suffered fairly heavy losses when it had to actually fight armed men in Gaza.

As opposed to bombing and shelling civilians.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Fighting in Israel/Lebanon border area Empty Re: Fighting in Israel/Lebanon border area

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:47 pm

Oh, and when reading this, do bear in mind that the people Israel is now attacking are the very ones that are fighting AGAINST ISIS.

Which begs questions about why Israel never attacks ISIS, despite them being bloodthirsty psychos.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:26 pm

bb1 wrote:Oh, and when reading this, do bear in mind that the people Israel is now attacking are the very ones that are fighting AGAINST ISIS.

Which begs questions about why Israel never attacks ISIS, despite them being bloodthirsty psychos.
Simples. As long as ISIS is attacking fellow Muslims, Israel can feel 'safe'. It pays them to fuel the insecurity in the Muslim world. I always worry about Netanyahu, he's trigger-happy and Israel has nuclear capacity, despite the denials. I see he has announced more Palestinian land is being appropriated for settlement building, I assume to house the Jews 'fleeing' from Paris and other Europeans countries. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:31 pm

LL, I've been watching this on both AJ and Fox - I don't recommend Fox if you have dodgy blood pressure. They are, either deliberately or ignorantly, lumping Iran and Hezbollah in with ISIS, as if this is all part of some huge terrorist plot.

When in fact, anyone watching it properly knows Iran and Hezbollah were fighting the crazies long before Washington deigned to notice ISIS.

And yes, I suspect you are right, the 'anti semitism' card has been played to justify stealing yet more Palestinian land. I really, really hope Netenhayu gets voted out in March, and someone less crazy elected.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:46 pm

And yes, I suspect you are right, the 'anti semitism' card has been played to justify stealing yet more Palestinian land. I really, really hope Netenhayu gets voted out in March, and someone less crazy elected.
Netenyahu is evil, he has been playing the anti- semitism card ever since he became Führer. He's so fixed on revenge for his brother, he has totally lost the plot. All my Jewish friends hate him, they consider he is the worst thing that has happened to Israel. The assassination of Yasser Arafat, finally admitted by Shimon Peres, shows to what ends the Israel junta will go to - they have killed many Arab leaders. Their methods of dealing with anyone who upsets them is no different to those used by the Nazis and the USSR. LL

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:54 pm

Never forget Mossad's motto, LL.

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War

I have always thought Israel's attack on the USS Liberty was deliberate, some half-assed scheme to get the US to blame an Arab nation and attack them in retaliation.

I just don't believe Israel would mistake an American spy ship for an Egyptian cargo vessel. Not for hours on end.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:06 pm

Their intelligence agency is possibly the finest in the world so no, I cannot believe it either.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:33 pm

Press TV-

15:54 - Israeli security forces set up checkpoints on roads near Lebanon border.

15:48 - Hezbollah’s al-Manar TV: Nine Israeli military vehicles are hit in an ambush by resistance fighters in Shaba’a Farms, many officers and soldiers killed or injured.

15:48 - Lebanon Foreign Ministry slams Israeli aggression against the country's territory.

15;48 - Iran condemns Zionist regime’s state terrorism.

15:45 - Israel northern military command declares the border area with Syria a closed military zone.

14:49 - Tel Aviv says attack on Syrian sites in retaliation for four rockets fired at Israel.

14:48 - Foreign-backed insurgents say Israel jets also hit area near Damascus international airport.

Lord help us.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:04 pm

16:51 - Ex-general tells Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu not to take any step that would pull Israel into chaotic situation.

16:49 - Former head of Israeli army Operations Directorate says situation is "flammable."

16:48 - Tel Aviv tells Security Council that it will ‘defend’ itself against Hezbollah.

16:41- Spanish Foreign Ministry says Francisco Javier Soria Toledo, 36, killed by Israeli fire.

Oh, well done, Israel, you've killed a Spanish UN worker. Interesting to see the ex-general is NOT encouraging Nutty Netty.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:15 pm

Which general, bonny? LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:16 pm

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:19 pm

Thanks, can't get in to PressTV. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:20 pm

Ah, no joy on AJ - I forgot they don't like Hezbollah because of Iran - but it is in the Mail:

Netanyahu, speaking at an event in southern Israel, warned that Israel's enemies would face a fate similar to Hamas, the rulers of the Gaza Strip who fought a brutal 50-day war against Israel last summer.
"To anyone who is trying to challenge us on the northern border I suggest looking at what happened here, not far from the city of Sderot, in the Gaza Strip. Hamas was dealt its heaviest blow ever since its founding and the Israel Defense Forces is prepared to act forcefully in all areas," he said.
Israel Ziv, a reserve Israeli general and a former head of the IDF's Operations Directorate, told reporters that the situation was "flammable" and that Israel should work to "contain" the situation.
"We could find ourselves in a war that does not belong to Israel," he said.
"I do believe that Israel understands that it needs to contain it," he said, added Israel should not take any "steps that would pull us into the chaotic situation in Syria."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-2929601/Israeli-army-Missile-hits-army-vehicle-Lebanese-border.html#ixzz3Q955oZYN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Netanyahu appears to have forgotten that Hamas won the actual man-to-man fighting in Gaza; it was the bombing of civilians that Israel won at.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:54 pm

The Lebanese villages were targeted “to send a message to the Syrian regime that we view it responsible for what occurs on its territory and that there is a price to pay for allowing Hezbollah to use your positions,” IDF spokesman Lt. Col. Peter Lerner told CNN.

The Israeli response killed a Spanish UNIFIL member in Ghajar, a village on the Israel-Lebanon frontier.

Israel has lost its mind. IMO.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:34 pm

The Middle East countries have one big problem, the 'have they, haven't they' nuclear weapons dilemma.   If Israel has that capacity will they use it?   In the case of Netanyahu, he just might.  His attitude to the fate of Israel if he continues on his present course reminds me of Hitler telling the Germans that, if they didn't follow him and fight to the last man as the Allies surrounded Berlin, they deserved to perish.   It is the behavior of a mad despot, intent on total destruction.   Iszack Rabin, PM of Israel in 1995, was assassinated by a fanatical Zionist.   Maybe this is the right time for another such assassin to repeat 1995.    LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:48 pm

I have little doubt that Israel has some kind of nuclear capability, LL - weren't they involved with South Africa before the end of apartheid?

There's no way, IMO, that they don't have nuclear weapons of some kind. And yes, I agree Netanyahu is indeed crazy enough to use them. From where I am sitting, Israel has lost its way very badly indeed.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:13 pm

Or maybe not.

http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/a-special-place-in-hell/1.639381

A SPECIAL PLACE IN HELL
by Bradley Burston
Something's in the wind in Israel: A change for the better
When Netanyahu's running scared, he doesn't run smart. Even Israel Hayom's lead columnist calls his planned trip to address Congress 'grievous,' motivated not by concern for Israel, but for electoral gain.

It would be good to see Israel elect a less-insane leader; there may even be a chance for genuine peace. And Palestinian olive groves would be left un-bulldozed.

But would Netenyahu go with dignity?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:02 pm

He may not, Bonny, and all in all it's quite a crap shoot.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:06 pm

I was glad to see comments like:

With bibi everything is personal, he thinks he runs a country but he behaves like a gangster
By Good listener 27 Jan 201509:06PM
I am truly sorry for the great nation of Israel to have such a, as an American official put it, "chicken shit" for leader. The world will be a better place without Netanyabu as a leader of anything. He has managed to increase the antisemitism around the world by himself, then seats back and says you see how much people hate us; all his doing though...YES the change is good for all of us. I ti s time for intelligent and educated people of Israel to select a new leader. Shalom

I confess to having been a bit annoyed by the picture he's painted of anyone objecting to his bloodthirsty, destructive policies as being 'anti-semitic'.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:03 pm

It's time for him to exit his chair gracefully, if he can.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down