JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
James Holmes found guilty of murder in Colorado theater shooting EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
James Holmes found guilty of murder in Colorado theater shooting EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
James Holmes found guilty of murder in Colorado theater shooting EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
James Holmes found guilty of murder in Colorado theater shooting EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
James Holmes found guilty of murder in Colorado theater shooting EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
James Holmes found guilty of murder in Colorado theater shooting EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
James Holmes found guilty of murder in Colorado theater shooting EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
James Holmes found guilty of murder in Colorado theater shooting EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
James Holmes found guilty of murder in Colorado theater shooting EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

James Holmes found guilty of murder in Colorado theater shooting

3 posters

Go down

James Holmes found guilty of murder in Colorado theater shooting Empty James Holmes found guilty of murder in Colorado theater shooting

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:37 am

A sentencing phase, which is expected to last about one month, is slated to begin next Wednesday. The same jury will deliberate during that phase. In 2013, the prosecution signaled it would seek the death penalty.

By virtue of his insanity plea, the now 27-year-old Holmes had never denied he was behind the killings. But given his mental state, his lawyers argued that he should not be found culpable.
Full article at link. Does the death penalty actually help? In past times maybe it did, but now? I think the death row phase, ie keep him in perpetual fear that one day he will walk the final walk, is more appropriate. Just how I feel about killing people in the name of justice, it doesn't deter killers, does it? We are still getting daily headlines about killings, the Mexico mafia, the Islamist extremists (who actually want to die as that gets them those mythical virgins to enjoy!) .... LL
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/16/us/james-holmes-trial-colorado-movie-theater-shooting-verdict/
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

James Holmes found guilty of murder in Colorado theater shooting Empty Re: James Holmes found guilty of murder in Colorado theater shooting

Post  bb1 Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:53 am

I think the death row phase, ie keep him in perpetual fear that one day he will walk the final walk, is more appropriate.

IMO, LL, the problem with that is that we see it from the point of view of a sane person who doesn't want to die. We aren't in the mindset of fanatics or lunatics that are longing to be martyrs for their sick cause, or are convinced they've rid the world of sinners - or something.

Personally, I am satisfied when these creatures are shot dead at the scene; they don't get even more attention in courts or prisons that way, and the families of their victims don't have to be reminded of them daily.

The trial of that PoS Roof is going to be a nightmare for America, IMO.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

James Holmes found guilty of murder in Colorado theater shooting Empty Re: James Holmes found guilty of murder in Colorado theater shooting

Post  lily Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:05 pm

Also, it costs a huge amount of money to keep them in jail so this is doing the tax payers a favor too.

I can think of better ways to spend the money on......
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

The sentence is jail for life without parole. It seems the jury could not agree about the death sentence. Holmes will be well pleased; he claimed he killed all those people so he could prolong his life span, each dead person meant an extra year of life. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:42 pm

I am afraid Holmes meets my 'rabid dog' test, and it's a pity he wasn't shot dead at the scene.

There's no justice to be found in either executing, or not executing, him - he's plain and simply crazy.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:26 pm

Of course had it not been a gun free zone then he might have met immediate justice......
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down