JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
HARE legs in a box EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
HARE legs in a box EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
HARE legs in a box EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
HARE legs in a box EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
HARE legs in a box EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
HARE legs in a box EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
HARE legs in a box EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
HARE legs in a box EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
HARE legs in a box EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

HARE legs in a box

3 posters

Go down

HARE legs in a box Empty HARE legs in a box

Post  sadie Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:44 am

Thought that you might be interested.

http://www.lidl-magic.co.uk/christmas-range/

Lidls special Christmas offers:

Hare leg Portions in a box £7.99
Eek

Hare didn't need to go that far. Really he didn't biggrin

sadie
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

HARE legs in a box Empty Re: HARE legs in a box

Post  bb1 Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:56 am

Good God, Sadie! I cannot imagine people's reaction on being presented with Argentinian hare legs, or moose steaks, for Christmas dinner Shocked
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  sadie Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:21 am

bb1 wrote:Good God, Sadie! I cannot imagine people's reaction on being presented with Argentinian hare legs, or moose steaks, for Christmas dinner Shocked

Oh ... Perhaps I have misjudged the anti-Hare feelings on JATYK, sorry if I have

On pfa2, "The Hare" makes everyones blood boil, cos he has made anti-McCann statements that he will not support, having said that he can. There was A LOT OF INTEREST in different ways of cooking Hares on there rofl rofl rofl

Also he claimed that the crow flies distance from the outside Tapas to 5A was 100 metres, or so. It is, in fact, only 50(ish) metres and can be measured on Google Earth (I use GE a lot). I told him how to do it and he promised me faithfully, in a gentlemanly manner, to do so .... but vanished without doing it.

Maybe the feelings do not run so high on here?

Please delete the thread if not suitable, for whatever reason

sadiex

sadie
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:28 am

Aw, don't worry, Sadie hug , we just laugh at the Hare. He's terrified of us, anyway.

He tried to annoy us on a long-ago blog; MsMarbles threatened to stick him in a stew and turn his ears into gloves. biggrin
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:36 am

The strange meats Lidl has taken to selling have made the papers, Sadie:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2061720/Lidls-Christmas-range-Reindeer-menu-moose-on.html
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  sadie Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:09 am

Only my opinion, but I cant see that it is worse to eat moose or reindeer to eating beef or venison or lamb or pork. It was a bit insensitive to introduce reindeer as a Christmas special though.

It's a welcome fact that a budget store like Lidls or Aldi would offer us such delights.
A couple of years ago they had butterfly prawns in various flavoured coatings and frozen in boxes. They were absolutely delicious. We almost cleared the shelves because they were on offer as well.

And why were they left with so many after Christmas? .... because they were called by their French name, crevettes, and they were really plainly boxed. Lucky us that peeps didn't understand the word crevettes.

Now as for Hare, I am not so sure; it's rather a handsome creature altho can be scraggy and I would think tough. I cant eat rabbits cos they are too pretty ... and they are what made my daughter a vegetarian. Staying in France on an exchange as a thirteen year old and playing with the rabbits.

The next day "where is fluffy?"

"Oh we ate him for our dinner last night" Eek

sadie
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:43 am

Hare was just a joke here, Sadie. We all boned up on our Jugged Hare Recipes, and took to Hare Coursing with the packs of Greyhounds we all keep at the bottoms of out gardens.

I agree about Lidl. A bloody good shop and very popular in France. They had Goose legs one christmas, but I've never seen them since.
But I have bought some fantastic gardening tools there.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:36 am

I don't like red meat very much, so would pass on moose, etc....not because I am a vegetarian or anything, I just do not like the taste or texture.

However, should anyone want a plate of seafood demolished, I'm your woman biggrin
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:25 am

I read the Moose Pie Recipe. It doesn't take very long to cook. I might watch out for it. At least you won't get CJD.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:37 am

Yes, it looked like an OK recipe, Sabot, I can imagine it would be pretty tasty, if you like meat.
Lidl's seem to have quite a lot of venison, too - again, I have tried venison in a few forms, and just can't really take to it.

One of the worst things I have ever tasted was tinned crab - I had a fancy for crab, and it was out of season for the local, fresh ones. So, I bought a tin of it - from the Phillipines, or somewhere.

AND IT WAS DISGUSTING!

It was just a sort of tapioca-ish white sludge, with a vague taste of salty water. It went in the bin, I wouldn't even inflict that on the dogs.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Tinned crab and tinned prawns or shrimps are always disgusting, Bonny, and such a disappointment.
I did try Venison once, but can't say I was overly impressed. However, I have just bought a small Rib of Beef on the Bone because it was on special offer, and I know how the French cook that. They show it the oven. But then I eat all roast meat Rare, including Chicken.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down