JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
proposal to arm hotel securityguards divides tourism leaders EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
proposal to arm hotel securityguards divides tourism leaders EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
proposal to arm hotel securityguards divides tourism leaders EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
proposal to arm hotel securityguards divides tourism leaders EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
proposal to arm hotel securityguards divides tourism leaders EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
proposal to arm hotel securityguards divides tourism leaders EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
proposal to arm hotel securityguards divides tourism leaders EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
proposal to arm hotel securityguards divides tourism leaders EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
proposal to arm hotel securityguards divides tourism leaders EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

proposal to arm hotel securityguards divides tourism leaders

4 posters

Go down

proposal to arm hotel securityguards divides tourism leaders Empty proposal to arm hotel securityguards divides tourism leaders

Post  Pedro Silva Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:41 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

proposal to arm hotel securityguards divides tourism leaders Empty Re: proposal to arm hotel securityguards divides tourism leaders

Post  bb1 Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:21 pm

Thanks, Pedro - that is serious stuff
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

proposal to arm hotel securityguards divides tourism leaders Empty Re: proposal to arm hotel securityguards divides tourism leaders

Post  Sabot Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:46 pm

I might be worried if Gonc applies for the job.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:50 am

Yes bb1, it is serious stuff.

About gonc, I doubt about it, with all his rotten secrets exposed worldwide, with his disgusting behaviour, also due to him involved with court, no one accepted him.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:04 am

Pedro Silva wrote:Yes bb1, it is serious stuff.

About gonc, I doubt about it, with all his rotten secrets exposed worldwide, with his disgusting behaviour, also due to him involved with court, no one accepted him.

Fortunately, this is true. And he won't get to be a Lawyer either, but his arrogance in thinking that he could does suggest that he has no sense of what he has done.

As for arming Security Guards, I don't know if this is a good idea or not. I guess we won't know until someone gets shot.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:22 am

There is something very alarming about the idea of hotel guards being armed - it does suggest that the problem is far worse than in being admitted.

Personally, I don't like the idea of anyone except the police and military being armed, and the police only when there is no choice. And I don't know about the rest of the world, but the only time the military carry weapons in public areas in the UK is if there is some kind of emergency - a security alert at an airport, say.

The idea of civilians routinely carrying firearms scares me.

It's all too easy for people to draw weapons in the heat of the moment.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:16 pm

As you say, Bonny. Probably worse than has been admitted. But then I suspect that we knew that anyway. There appears to be a lot of violent crime in Portugal, at least on The Algarve. But this hasn't been helped by the reluctance of The Police to get involved, which has probably made things worse. If criminals think they can get away with it they will just carry on. And it has been almost open season on tourists.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:26 pm

It just seems to me that if a civilian is carrying a firearm, in the heat of the moment they are going to use it, and an already-bad situation is going to spiral out of control, Sabot.

The police are trained, they have rules - and they have killed people in that sort of situation. Thankfully, it doesn't happen too often in the UK, but that doesn't help some innocent person who has just been shot dead.

That it is even being considered bothers me; it suggests a situation where the proper authorities have lost control of the problem. The UK is a very long way from being crime-free, but I haven't seen any suggestions that Travelodge should have armed guards...
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:48 pm

I agree, Bonny. I would say No to it. The Police should be doing something about it, not leaving it to civilian security guards.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:01 am

Good God!

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/nacional/portugal/fim-de-ano-no-ibis-acaba-em-terror

New Year ends in terror at the Ibis
The Ibis Hotel, next to the service area of ​​Oeiras in A5, towards Lisbon - Cascais, had 61 rooms booked at the entrance of 2012. But at about 01:00, the night of New Year's Eve turned into terror - when the reception was invaded by four masked men, all armed with mallet, bat and knives.

proposal to arm hotel securityguards divides tourism leaders 2012-01-02003609_CA967162-B341-4FEB-88DD-FECB0766BF67$$738d42d9-134c-4fbe-a85a-da00e83fdc20$$abbf0f28-c073-432c-adce-493ca3d6cdc7$$img_carrouselTopHomepage$$pt$$1

The receptionist and a customer, who talked in the lobby of the hotel only had time to hide to avoid being attacked. The robbery was filmed by the circuit video surveillance, lasted three minutes and yielded the approximately two thousand euros that were in the safe.
The weight of the vault, 500 pounds, led the robbers to seek the help of an accomplice - who was waiting behind the wheel of the Renault Clio. Engendering the safe in the trunk and fled, while guests who are unaware of the assault, remained hidden in the rooms.
The face of the driver is shot - and the PSP and GNR have joined forces in the hunt for robbers. Later, the CM found, two men were caught in the area with bags of coins that were inside the safe.

"SEE THE RECEPTIONIST fled OPEN THE BATON"
I was just a receptionist service in the early hours of New Year in Oeiras Hotel Ibis. By 01:00, when the violent storm occurred, the officer was talking to a customer - both realized immediately the intention of the group. "The receptionist immediately fled upon seeing one of the thieves to open an extendable baton," said the police source CM. The client, who watched all the distance, did the same thing. In just three minutes, the robbers rolled the office of the hotel, managed to escape to the safe.

--------------

Apologies for the very bad google translation - but what on earth is going on? I don't think I have ever heard of hotels being targetted like this before?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  rhodes Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:00 pm

bloody heck, there'd be shoot outs day and night.

I'm afraid that after all I've read about Portugal, I wouldn't go there if you paid me to.
rhodes
rhodes
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:07 pm

Me niether, Rhodes - this business of targetting hotels is horrifying. Even in war zones, they are generally left alone.

I genuinely cannot remember reading about hotels being attacked anywhere else in the world, but there have been a lot of incidents in Portugal.

It's madness, especially in a country so dependent on tourism.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down