JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Jefferies: Tabloids Tried To Blacken My Name EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Jefferies: Tabloids Tried To Blacken My Name EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Jefferies: Tabloids Tried To Blacken My Name EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Jefferies: Tabloids Tried To Blacken My Name EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Jefferies: Tabloids Tried To Blacken My Name EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Jefferies: Tabloids Tried To Blacken My Name EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Jefferies: Tabloids Tried To Blacken My Name EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Jefferies: Tabloids Tried To Blacken My Name EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Jefferies: Tabloids Tried To Blacken My Name EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Jefferies: Tabloids Tried To Blacken My Name

3 posters

Go down

Jefferies: Tabloids Tried To Blacken My Name Empty Jefferies: Tabloids Tried To Blacken My Name

Post  bb1 Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:14 pm

Jefferies: Tabloids Tried To Blacken My Name 16119243

Chris Jefferies pictured arriving at the Leveson Inquiry

A man wrongly arrested on suspicion of murdering Joanna Yeates said after he was detained the tabloid press "embarked on a frenzied campaign to blacken my character".

In his testimony to the Leveson Inquiry into media ethics, Ms Yeates' landlord Chris Jefferies said the newspapers "had decided I was guilty of her murder and seemed determined to persuade the public of my guilt".
He said they "published a series of very serious allegations about me that were completely untrue".
Mr Jefferies claimed the national media "shamelessly vilified me" and the UK press were on a "witch-hunt".
He said after he was released by police he was "effectively under house arrest" by the press because of their interest in him, as he moved from one friend's home to another, which he likened to "safe houses".
He brought legal proceedings for libel against eight newspapers in relation to allegations contained in 40 articles, the inquiry heard.
The retired school teacher won "substantial" undisclosed libel damages from the newspapers over the claims.
He said there were apologies in the publications he sued, but they were not on the front page.

Police wrongly arrested him over the killing of the 25-year-old landscape architect in December last year.
Mr Jefferies was no longer considered a suspect on March 4 and police lifted his bail conditions. He said his life only returned to normal when he was able to return to living in his flat in April.
Robert Jay QC, counsel for the inquiry, asked Mr Jefferies about when he was referred to as a "sexually perverted voyeur".
Mr Jefferies said: "It was suggested there may have been some sort of sexual motive to the murder of Jo Yeates and at that time I was obviously a suspect of that murder.
"On the other hand it was suggested in some articles that I was gay so that created a problem as far as that was concerned.
"It was then suggested in another article that I was bisexual so the press were trying to have it every possible way."

More at:

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16118894

Who can forget the glee with which the pitchforkers tore his life to shreds, the disgusting 'theories' they dreamed up because - what was it? His hair stuck out? They didn't like his eyes?

That was, of course just after they had dreamed up disgusting 'theories' about Ms Yeates' griefstricken boyfriend because his mouth was the wrong shape.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Jefferies: Tabloids Tried To Blacken My Name Empty Re: Jefferies: Tabloids Tried To Blacken My Name

Post  Maggs Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:53 pm

Who can forget the glee with which the pitchforkers tore his life to shreds, the disgusting 'theories' they dreamed up because - what was it? His hair stuck out? They didn't like his eyes?

Oh yes Bonny, and her boyfriend was pulled to bits by the pitchforkers .
Now who else do we know that description fits to a T? But the other one pulls a trolley, and is twice as ugly, inside and out vomit
Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Jefferies: Tabloids Tried To Blacken My Name Empty Re: Jefferies: Tabloids Tried To Blacken My Name

Post  bb1 Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:55 pm

Let us not forget, the remarks on Bennett's site about innocent people close to Ms Yeates were so vile and disgusting, they were removed from public view.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:15 pm

That poor man. The Media went mad. They deserve to be sanctioned. And so do The Pitch Forkers. I can hardly believe what has happened to so many innocent victims.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:33 pm

They disgust me, Sabot, with their sick minds and their sadism. I suppose you can't really blame B$own for exploiting them - she knew they would lap up any old rubbish she slung together as long as it was anti-McCann.

And this business of HideHo thinking it was fine and dandy to put outright lies onto the internet, as long as Evil Pros didn't catch her - what does that say about how much respect they have for the truth?

It's hard to avoid the conclusion that they actually enjoy being vile, after seeing they way they tried to tear Ms Yeates' boyfriend, and then her landlord, to pieces for having hair that stuck out, or mouths that were the wrong shape.

Yes, they should be sectioned, put somewhere away from normal people - because they do it to any crime victim, to anyone unlucky enough to be caught up in a media circus.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:49 pm

Guido Falkes, his real name escapes me for a minute, has been ordered to appear on Thursday Afternoon.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:57 pm

Spooky! I was just reading that!

Leveson calls political blogger Guido Fawkes to explain leaked Campbell papers

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 7:42 AM on 28th November 2011
Comments (21)

Paul Staines, who blogs under alias Guido Fawkes, is in hot water after he leaked papers alleged to be Mr Campbell's
A political blogger was last night summoned to appear before the Leveson Inquiry into press standards after evidence from former No 10 communications chief Alastair Campbell was leaked online.
Mr Campbell submitted papers containing a string of potentially damaging claims to lawyers ahead of his appearance before Lord Justice Leveson on Wednesday.
But a link to the 16-page document yesterday appeared on the Order Order website run by Paul Staines, who goes by the pseudonym Guido Fawkes.

Jefferies: Tabloids Tried To Blacken My Name Article-0-0467655B000005DC-211_233x330

Paul Staines, who blogs under alias Guido Fawkes, is in hot water after he leaked papers alleged to be Mr Campbell's

Writing on his blog, Mr Staines highlights contentious elements in Campbell’s evidence and claims to have obtained the papers legally.
A statement issued by the inquiry read: ‘Lord Justice Leveson was extremely concerned to hear that . . . a copy of the evidence that Mr Alastair Campbell intended to provide to the inquiry was published on the “Guido Fawkes” website.
‘The website asserts that this statement was obtained by “legal means” but Lord Justice Leveson will be inquiring further into this claim and Mr Paul Staines will be required to give evidence.’
Mr Campbell, a former Daily Mirror journalist and spin doctor to Tony Blair, said he was ‘genuinely shocked’ to see his evidence in the public domain.

It is unclear whether the statement that appeared on the Order Order website is the same as that which Mr Campbell has submitted to the inquiry.
His statement will now be published on the inquiry website on Monday, rather than on Wednesday following his appearance as would be the norm.
This week the inquiry is expected to hear evidence from singer Charlotte Church, Joanna Yeates’s landlord Chris Jefferies, television presenter Anne Diamond, Guardian journalist Nick Davies, former News of the World journalist Paul McMullan and Mr Campbell.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2067001/Leveson-calls-political-blogger-Guido-Fawkes-explain-leaked-Campbell-papers.html#ixzz1f1mdXxDR

I'd be lying if I said I knew what that was all about; I've read Guido a couple of times, but I don't really like him - I find him a bit of a smart-arse.

Another site I don't bother with these days is Anorak, for the same reason.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:08 pm

Interesting that they are summoning Bloggers who don't want to be there, and subjecting them to questioning under oath.
And there was them thinking that this was going to happen to The McCanns.

Wrong again.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:39 pm

Indeed; it makes me think that the NOTW will indeed reveal who in Portugal tricked them into publishing Kate's diaries.

And speaking of Portugal and bloggers...

WHERE'S MORAIS?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down