JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
If Madeleine Is Alive, She Won’t Be Found EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
If Madeleine Is Alive, She Won’t Be Found EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
If Madeleine Is Alive, She Won’t Be Found EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
If Madeleine Is Alive, She Won’t Be Found EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
If Madeleine Is Alive, She Won’t Be Found EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
If Madeleine Is Alive, She Won’t Be Found EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
If Madeleine Is Alive, She Won’t Be Found EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
If Madeleine Is Alive, She Won’t Be Found EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
If Madeleine Is Alive, She Won’t Be Found EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

If Madeleine Is Alive, She Won’t Be Found

5 posters

Go down

If Madeleine Is Alive, She Won’t Be Found Empty If Madeleine Is Alive, She Won’t Be Found

Post  bb1 Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:59 pm

http://www.iaindale.com/posts/if-madeleine-is-alive-she-wont-be-found

If Madeleine Is Alive, She Won’t Be Found

Tony Horne thinks that the hunt for Madeleine McCann may end in an unexpected but positive way and that Google will hold they key.

By Tony Horne

Another day, another sighting. Another false dawn for Kate and Gerry McCann. Did you notice how suddenly everyone said “No, this one’s different, they’re taking a DNA sample and two different people have reported it?”

My reaction was simple: “In India? Jesus.” And then once again, it turned out not to be. I suspect that like JFK’s grassy knoll, like the Australian PM Harold Holt who disappeared on the beach, like Azaria Chamberlain (“Dingo Child”), like Diana and the white Fiat Uno, this is all now stuff that our generation and the next take to the grave as unfinished business.

My current wife always says Madeleine died in the first 48 hours. The counter to that is the lack of a body, of course.

I haven’t read Kate McCann’s book by the way, though I feel sure I will. I wonder if anyone else slightly hesitated (oddly) when they saw that all profits went to the Find Madeleine Fund. My reaction was there was no point because they will never find her now.

The other side, of course, is that whilst Kate and Gerry have every right to write a book to firstly go on the record and secondly fund their lives from huge profits so they can dedicate all their time to looking for Madeleine, that does walk a moral high ground of cashing in.

I don’t see it like that. I believe they are 100% genuine and didn’t want to write the book at all other than to keep the case alive and its funding. Here’s my point.

If Madeleine McCann is alive she won’t be found. She will find herself.

I have every faith in that. The McCanns should hold every hope too that this era helps them in a way Ben Needham’s family never could crave. Think of all that brilliant police work in the last decade when cases involving rapes from 1975 suddenly got solved thirty years on because we had the technology. Nothing is gone forever anymore.

Madeleine is eight now. If she is alive she will be on a phone and on a laptop in the next three to five years unless she is at the mercy of an Amazonian tribe, which I doubt.

Some day at some point in the future, she will find her own picture on the Internet. It might be the Everton shirt, it more likely will feature her unique eye. It might start on the day she hears of another Madeleine McCann sighting and pumps her own name unwittingly into Google.

If she is alive and leading a “normal” life she will have access to technology at some point. At the age of eighteen, twenty-four, thirty, is she not going to have reclaimed her mind and do all that stuff we do like looking up ex-partners on Facebook? Of course she is.

There begins the trail. As we go forward in life, increasingly we go backwards. It may yet be a long wait, and if you think of all that you’ve done since May 3, 2007 I’m sure you agree that every day must be agony for Kate and Gerry McCann.

Somebody, of course, will write in the comments “It’s disgraceful. Who leaves their kids and goes out to dinner?” which is ridiculous on two accounts. We’ve all done it, and you miss the point of the blog.

So, I repeat, if Madeleine McCann is alive she won’t be found, she will find herself.

---------------

I hadn't thought of that, but he's right.
I hope he is prepared to be inundated with hatespam...
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

If Madeleine Is Alive, She Won’t Be Found Empty Re: If Madeleine Is Alive, She Won’t Be Found

Post  lily Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:13 pm

I hadn't thought of that either but he is so correct. Pcorneater

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

If Madeleine Is Alive, She Won’t Be Found Empty Re: If Madeleine Is Alive, She Won’t Be Found

Post  crazytony Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:17 pm

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:22 pm

What an amazing story, Tony!

It's a message of hope," Allen told Ann Curry Thursday. "It's a message that many more of these children are recoverable. Today Carlina White becomes a symbol that the search goes on for lots of others of America's missing children.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:26 pm

That is such a great story Tony. People should never give up.

I know we hope that Madeleine will be home really soon.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:32 pm

A mother never gives up hope, nor should anyone expect her to.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:34 pm

It's so obvious when it's pointed out, isn't it? smile
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:43 am

That wouldn't work for long nowadays, HB - DNA rather rules out someone trying an Anastasia.

You know what is really horrifying? Let's say Madeleine did go searching on the net. Can you imagine finding all that filth that is all over the hate sites? All the vile speculation about how you died at your parents' hands? All the obscene 'theories'? All the abuse of anyone who stood up for your right to be regarded as a living being?

It doesn't bear thinking about.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:39 pm

Cath wrote:Indeed Bonny it doesn't bear thinking about that.
Lets hope she's found soon or if she still can remember her name she'll find her family in the near future.
Sometimes miracles do happen.

Let's hope and pray that a miracle happens soon, Cath.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  erngath Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:28 pm

my hope and prayer too. x

erngath
Wise Owl
Wise Owl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:21 am

If a 19 day old baby can find her birth family, then so can a three year old. And never has there been such coverage of a missing child. It just might trigger a memory if The McCanns keep it out there.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down