JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Phone Hacking: Three NOTW staff plead guilty EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Phone Hacking: Three NOTW staff plead guilty EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Phone Hacking: Three NOTW staff plead guilty EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Phone Hacking: Three NOTW staff plead guilty EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Phone Hacking: Three NOTW staff plead guilty EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Phone Hacking: Three NOTW staff plead guilty EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Phone Hacking: Three NOTW staff plead guilty EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Phone Hacking: Three NOTW staff plead guilty EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Phone Hacking: Three NOTW staff plead guilty EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Phone Hacking: Three NOTW staff plead guilty

Go down

Phone Hacking: Three NOTW staff plead guilty Empty Phone Hacking: Three NOTW staff plead guilty

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:53 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1161669/phone-hacking-three-journalists-plead-guilty

Phone Hacking: Three Journalists Plead Guilty
3:50pm UK, Wednesday 30 October 2013

Phone Hacking: Three NOTW staff plead guilty Overlay-2-522x293

(L-R) Greg Miskiw, Neville Thurlbeck and James Weatherup

Three former News Of The World journalists have pleaded guilty to phone hacking charges.

The Old Bailey heard on Wednesday that ex-chief correspondent Neville Thurlbeck, former assistant news editor James Weatherup, and ex-news editor Greg Miskiw had pleaded guilty to conspiracy to intercept communications at earlier hearings.

Private detective Glenn Mulcaire had also admitted phone hacking, Prosecutor Andrew Edis QC said.

The revelations came at the beginning of a trial of eight defendants who face 15 phone-hacking related charges between them.

Ex-News International chief executive Rebekah Brooks and former NOTW editor and ex-Downing Street spin-doctor Andy Coulson are accused of conspiring to illegally access voicemail messages on mobile phones. Both deny the charges.

Opening the case for the prosecution, Mr Edis told jurors "journalists are no more entitled to break the criminal law than anybody else".

He said there was "no justification" for newspaper staff to get involved in phone hacking or to make payments to public officials.

More follows...
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Phone Hacking: Three NOTW staff plead guilty Empty Re: Phone Hacking: Three NOTW staff plead guilty

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:54 pm

Murdoch is having a bad week all round:

http://news.sky.com/story/1161462/newspapers-lose-battle-to-halt-royal-charter

Newspapers Lose Battle To Halt Royal Charter
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Phone Hacking: Three NOTW staff plead guilty Empty Re: Phone Hacking: Three NOTW staff plead guilty

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:20 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1161462/press-regulation-queen-approves-royal-charter

Press Regulation: Queen Approves Royal Charter
The monarch seals the royal charter after newspapers and magazines failed in a last-minute attempt to block it.

Congratulations to all the irresponsible morons who've caused this - hope it was worth it.

More time investigating political scandals and less time hassling crime victims and breaking the law to get zeleb title-tattle, and this might not have happened.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:08 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1162205/brooks-and-coulson-in-secret-six-year-affair

Prosecutor Andrew Edis QC told the Old Bailey that in February 2004, when the pair were both working at the media giant, they had been having a relationship for some years.

He said during the police investigation into the hacking of murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler's phone, a letter was found on Brooks' computer to Coulson from February 2004, that made the relationship clear.

Mr Edis read out an extract of the letter in which Brooks wrote to Coulson: "The fact is you are my very best friend. I tell you everything, I confide in you, I seek your advice, I love you, care about you, worry about you, we laugh and cry together.

"In fact without our relationship in my life I am not sure I will cope."

He said it appeared Brooks was responding to Coulson's attempt to end their relationship, adding that he did not know whether or not the letter had been sent.

The court heard the letter included a declaration of her love for Coulson.

He said: "The point that I'm going to make in relation to that letter is that over the relevant period, what Mr Coulson knew, Mrs Brooks knew too. And what Mrs Brooks knew, Mr Coulson knew too - that's the point.

"Because it is clear from that letter that, as of February 2004, they had been having an affair which had lasted at least six years."

The court heard the pair had been having an affair dating back to around 1998, spanning the period covered by their phone hacking conspiracy charge.

Mr Edis told jurors he was not revealing the affair to deliberately intrude into their privacy or to make a "moral judgement".

"But Mrs Brooks and Mr Coulson are charged with conspiracy and, when people are charged with conspiracy, the first question a jury has to answer is how well did they know each other? How much did they trust each other?

"And the fact that they were in this relationship which was a secret means that they trusted each other quite a lot with at least that secret and that's why we are telling you about it," he said.

Sorry, completely failing to be shocked at the idea of grown adults having sex. And he is doing it on purpose. I thought everyone knew, or guessed they were, anyway? Sleep 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:04 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1163700/hacking-trial-brooks-husband-hid-evidence

They aren't exactly criminal masterminds. Why on earth didn't they just smash the laptop to bits and distribute the fragments round London?

Same with any paper. Good Lord, they could have ripped a lot up and flushed it down the loo.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down