JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Beware, coffee can get you a DUI in California! EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Beware, coffee can get you a DUI in California! EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Beware, coffee can get you a DUI in California! EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Beware, coffee can get you a DUI in California! EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Beware, coffee can get you a DUI in California! EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Beware, coffee can get you a DUI in California! EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Beware, coffee can get you a DUI in California! EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Beware, coffee can get you a DUI in California! EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Beware, coffee can get you a DUI in California! EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Beware, coffee can get you a DUI in California!

3 posters

Go down

Beware, coffee can get you a DUI in California! Empty Beware, coffee can get you a DUI in California!

Post  Lamplighter Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:00 am

Apparently driving while caffeinated is now a crime.

If you picked up a coffee this morning on your way to work you were driving in the same condition that Joseph Schwab was when he was pulled over and arrested for “driving under the influence.” Schwab, a California man who was pulled over by an agent of the state’s Alcoholic Beverage Control department, is now fighting back.

Schwab was initially placed in custody after the Alcoholic Beverage Control agent claimed he was driving erratically. The 36-year-old blew a 0.00% on a breathalyzer but was taken to the country jail anyway. There he had his blood drawn, but that test came up negative for every illicit drug on the list as well as alcohol. Not satisfied that Schwab had already passed both tests, law enforcement sent his blood off to a lab in Pennsylvania for another scan. That test showed that the only thing in Schwab’s veins other than blood was caffeine.

Despite all of this, Schwab was eventually charged — a full 10 months after he was initially pulled over and arrested — with a DUI. Now, Schwab’s lawyer, Stacey Barrett, is demanding that the case be thrown out. If the court decides to proceed, Schwab wants to see how a jury feels about the whole situation.

The chief deputy district attorney for the county said the DUI charge was not due to the caffeine in his system, but as every other test has shown that Schwab was clean as a whistle, his lawyer insists that’s all it possibly could be. The deputy noted that the office was “conducting further investigation,” though failed to explain what that actually means.

It’s hard to tell how this one will pan out, but if Schwab gets pinned with a DUI charge for having his morning coffee, you better hide those Starbucks receipts the next time you get pulled over.

http://bgr.com/2016/12/27/is-caffeine-a-drug-nope-probably-not/

I'm never gonna visit California again, I am a totally "hooked on coffee, strong and very black, kind of guy"! LL rofl rofl rofl rofl

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Beware, coffee can get you a DUI in California! Empty Re: Beware, coffee can get you a DUI in California!

Post  bb1 Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:23 am

It's California, LL - Governor Moonbeam is also obsessed with flatulent cows as a cause of global warming. I don't think California is really part of the US any more......
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Beware, coffee can get you a DUI in California! Empty Re: Beware, coffee can get you a DUI in California!

Post  Lamplighter Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:35 am

I lived in California for 3 years so I know exactly how cuckoo the inhabitants are!! But I still enjoyed my time there! LL hug
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:37 pm

Oy, LL.  Do you also mean me?  Crying or Very sad

Admittedly I no longer live there but I lived there for a few decades.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:53 pm

lily wrote:Oy, LL.  Do you also mean me?  Crying or Very sad

Admittedly I no longer live there but I lived there for a few decades.
Yep, cos the lovely thing about Californians is what you see is exactly what you get. You have to be slightly nutty to live there, but as everyone else is the same, one feels totally at home. And there's the sun, the sea, Seafood Broiler, Santa Monica Pier etc etc etc. LL hug hug
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:19 pm

Oh.....I am very nutty LL.  Trust me on that.  roflroflroflrofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down