JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Girl Lost In 2004 Tsunami Back With Family EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Girl Lost In 2004 Tsunami Back With Family EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Girl Lost In 2004 Tsunami Back With Family EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Girl Lost In 2004 Tsunami Back With Family EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Girl Lost In 2004 Tsunami Back With Family EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Girl Lost In 2004 Tsunami Back With Family EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Girl Lost In 2004 Tsunami Back With Family EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Girl Lost In 2004 Tsunami Back With Family EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Girl Lost In 2004 Tsunami Back With Family EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Girl Lost In 2004 Tsunami Back With Family

2 posters

Go down

Girl Lost In 2004 Tsunami Back With Family Empty Girl Lost In 2004 Tsunami Back With Family

Post  bb1 Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:07 pm

Some good news for once:

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16136362

Girl Lost In 2004 Tsunami Back With Family

Girl Lost In 2004 Tsunami Back With Family 16136333

The girl's mother said she easily recognised her daughter

An Indonesian girl who was washed away in the Indian Ocean tsunami seven years ago has been reunited with her parents who gave up hope of ever finding her.

Earlier this week, Wati, 15, walked into a cafe in Meulaboh, a town in Aceh province, and said that she had been found and "adopted" by a woman shortly after the wave hit.
She said she had been forced to beg on the streets but was kicked out when she stopped bringing in money.
Wati then set out to find her family but had very little information to help her - just the name of her grandfather Ibrahim.
Someone at the cafe tracked down a man by that name, and the man - unsure if she was actually his granddaughter - quickly summoned her parents.

"When I saw my mother, I knew it was her. I just knew it," said Wati, who was given that name by the woman who found her. Her original name is Mary Yuranda.
The tsunami on Boxing Day in 2004 killed 230,000 people across a dozen nations and caused billions of pounds worth of damage.
It hit the province of Aceh, closest to the epicentre of the magnitude 9.1 quake that created waves 30 feet (10m) high, the hardest.
With tens of thousands of bodies never recovered in the province, many people continue to cling to hope of finding lost loved ones, putting up fliers or ads in newspapers.

But reunions are extremely rare and often not officially confirmed.
Wati's mother, Yusniar binti Ibrahim Nur, 35, said she did not need a DNA test to prove the girl was hers.
"She has her father's face," she said, adding that she had stopped believing she would ever see her daughter again.
"Then I saw the scar over her eye and mole on her hip and I was even more sure."
Wati and her father had different accounts of what happened on the day of the tsunami.
The teenager says she remembers her father putting her into a boat with her sister, who is still missing and presumed dead.
The father says that before the family was separated, he put both of his daughters on the roof of their house.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Girl Lost In 2004 Tsunami Back With Family Empty Re: Girl Lost In 2004 Tsunami Back With Family

Post  Pedro Silva Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:25 pm

Excellent, wonderful news indeed.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down