JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Leicester Mercury:McCanns take legal action against ex-solicitor over Madeleine slurs EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Leicester Mercury:McCanns take legal action against ex-solicitor over Madeleine slurs EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Leicester Mercury:McCanns take legal action against ex-solicitor over Madeleine slurs EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Leicester Mercury:McCanns take legal action against ex-solicitor over Madeleine slurs EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Leicester Mercury:McCanns take legal action against ex-solicitor over Madeleine slurs EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Leicester Mercury:McCanns take legal action against ex-solicitor over Madeleine slurs EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Leicester Mercury:McCanns take legal action against ex-solicitor over Madeleine slurs EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Leicester Mercury:McCanns take legal action against ex-solicitor over Madeleine slurs EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Leicester Mercury:McCanns take legal action against ex-solicitor over Madeleine slurs EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Leicester Mercury:McCanns take legal action against ex-solicitor over Madeleine slurs

4 posters

Go down

Leicester Mercury:McCanns take legal action against ex-solicitor over Madeleine slurs Empty Leicester Mercury:McCanns take legal action against ex-solicitor over Madeleine slurs

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:24 am

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/McCanns-legal-action-ex-solicitor-Madeleine-slurs/story-15087257-detail/story.html

A former solicitor could be jailed for repeatedly accusing Kate and Gerry McCann of covering up the 'death' of their daughter Madeleine.

Lawyers for the Rothley couple are taking civil action against Tony Bennett to try to stop him making allegations that they were involved in Madeleine's disappearance from the Portuguese resort of Praia de Luz in May 2007.

Mr Bennett is secretary of an organisation called the Madeleine Foundation, which repeatedly claimed the three-year-old was not abducted.

The 64-year-old, of Harlow, Essex, signed a High Court agreement in November 2009, to say he would not persist with his accusations.

Court papers say: "The Defendant (Mr Bennett) undertakes not to repeat allegations that the Claimants (The McCanns) are guilty of, or are suspected of, causing the death of their daughter Madeleine McCann: and/or disposing of her body and/or of lying about what happened and/or of seeking to cover up what they had done."

Mr Bennett is accused of being in contempt of court for breaching the agreement in leaflets, books and internet postings.

There will be a hearing at The Queen's Bench Division of the High Court in London next week.

The McCann's spokesman Clarence Mitchell yesterday told the Leicester Mercury: "The matter is in hand with Kate and Gerry's lawyers. It has been pretty distressing for them.

"He has accused them of lying and that is a prima facie libel.

"Kate and Gerry do not want this but he (Mr Bennett) has persisted with making hurtful and untrue allegations about them and they want it to stop.

"They feel enough is enough.

"It is the case that he could face jail."

Madeleine's parents were considered suspects in her disappearance by Portuguese police in the early stages of the investigation, but were subsequently completely cleared of any wrongdoing.

In 2007, Mr Bennett launched a private prosecution against the McCanns, alleging child neglect, but it was thrown out by magistrates. In summer 2009, the Madeleine Foundation delivered leaflets around Rothley relating to the youngster's disappearance.

Mr Bennett was unavailable to comment yesterday.

In a story about his prosecution in the Sunday Telegraph, Mr Bennett said: "I have done my best to comply with the undertaking but I would argue to the courts it was an unreasonably wide undertaking to sign.

"In the last two years, I have not written specifically about the details of how she (Madeleine) might have died or how the body was hidden.

"Three of my colleagues in the Madeleine Foundation distributed a small quantity of leaflets in Rothley. I would honestly say perhaps that was a leaflet distribution too far."

He added on the Madeleine Foundation website: "It will be a strange thing if the court decides that in this land noted for its commitment to free speech, I am not allowed to discuss what is freely available to be distributed, and debated, in most of the rest of Europe.''

=========================

Yes, it's always a clever idea to tell the judge you are going to face what he should do.

NOT.

Last edited by bb1 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Leicester Mercury:McCanns take legal action against ex-solicitor over Madeleine slurs Empty Re: Leicester Mercury:McCanns take legal action against ex-solicitor over Madeleine slurs

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:28 am

Mr Bennett was unavailable to comment yesterday.

Good Heavens. Has the sun risen in the West?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Leicester Mercury:McCanns take legal action against ex-solicitor over Madeleine slurs Empty Re: Leicester Mercury:McCanns take legal action against ex-solicitor over Madeleine slurs

Post  Sabot Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:43 am

Very telling. But it was Monday. How many days to go now? He obviously doesn't want to drop himself in any more shite before his big day.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:47 am

Well, he's just surfaced on his forum, Sabot, but only to post a link to that story; no sign - so far - of the usual 10,000 word epistle.

Frankly, I think he has left it way, way too late to start attempting to behave, Sabot. Attacking the McCanns again at the weekend, and lecturing the judge about law, really was not the cleverest thing to do.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:00 am

Oh dear, desperate barrel-scraping:

I have visited another forum and I came across part of a statement that was made by the Assistant Chief Constable of the Leicestershire Police Force. He said " While both or one of them may be innocent, there is no clear evidence that eliminates them from involvement in Madeleine's disappearance."

I wonder if the McCanns sued the A.C.C. of L.P.F. for making that statement? If Tony Bennett or his lawyer, could get hold of a copy of this statement, it could just help Mr Bennett, when his case comes to court. Or am I reading too much into ths?

Why on earth would the McCanns 'sue' over that? The only reason it saw the light of day was that Kate mentioned it in her book.

I hate to dash all those forker fantasies, BUT

HE MADE THE STATEMENT BEFORE THE MCCANNS WERE CLEARED

with reference to the strict legal situation - which is, of course, completely different now.

Do feel free to quote Kate in court, though rofl rofl rofl rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

It seems to me that he is thoroughly enjoying it all. But lets face it, The Telegraph and a Portuguese Tabloid knock that Leicester Rag into a cocked hat. Hardly worth bothering with, especially since they have supported The McCanns from day one.
Actually, he was probably too scared to talk to them.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:11 am

The Mercury is a bit bigger than a local rag, Sabot, the population of Leicestershire is over 600,000 - that is an awful lot of people to have regarding you as an obsessive stalker of innocent people Wink
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:32 am

bb1 wrote:The Mercury is a bit bigger than a local rag, Sabot, the population of Leicestershire is over 600,000 - that is an awful lot of people to have regarding you as an obsessive stalker of innocent people Wink

I was looking at it from Bennett's point of view, Bonny. I think it's called Dissemination. You know, when people make things that are true into things that aren't true. Or the other way around. Whichever suits.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:32 am

bb1 wrote:The Mercury is a bit bigger than a local rag, Sabot, the population of Leicestershire is over 600,000 - that is an awful lot of people to have regarding you as an obsessive stalker of innocent people Wink
The Mercury is a very good county paper with a big readership. It has been going for a long time and is never sensational, so, as bonny says, it's not a rag. And I wonder how the Rothley people are going to respond to see this splashed all over the front page? LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:33 am

I wonder why forkers never bother to read the police files?

GILLYSPOT MOM OF TWO
@
@RingoStarfish @BrenR1958 Who's bothered about that? It is just media spin and not based in fact. #McCann haven't been "completely cleared"

Yes, they have - the Attorney General of Portugal in person cleared them without any charge whatsoever.

It's perfectly simple:

The archiving of the Process concerning Arguidos Gerald Patrick McCann and Kate Marie Healy, because there are no indications of the practise of any crime under the dispositions of article 277 number 1 of the Penal Process Code.

See? Cleared without charge.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:35 am

I was looking at it from Bennett's point of view, Bonny.

Ah, with you now, Sabot. Actually, I don't think he will see it that way - you know how excited they all get when one of their pet trolls gets a line in an obscure free sheet?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:52 am

honestbroker wrote:
Lamplighter wrote:
The Mercury is a very good county paper with a big readership. It has been going for a long time and is never sensational, so, as bonny says, it's not a rag. And I wonder how the Rothley people are going to respond to see this splashed all over the front page? LL

Sabot was being ironic, I think.

Yes, I was, HB. I think The Telegraph went to his head somewhat. And that lot have spent enough time spinning that article in their favour. The Mercury might have been a bit more blunt with a quote from Bennett.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:07 pm

bb1, thank you for the link.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:17 pm

honestbroker wrote:
Lamplighter wrote:

Sabot was being ironic, I think.
Oh, what's ironic when it's at home? LL scratch
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:57 pm

Hilarious - the hounders are further winning friends and influencing people by calling everyone who doesn't agree with their witch-hunting and lynch-mobbery, 'the masses' and other sneering names...

your average Joe seems to literally need 'spoon feeding'

------------

The masses don't care

-----------

what on EARTH will make the masses get off their asses

-------------

the masses are too preoccupied with being spoon-fed all kinds of tripe via TV and newspapers. They seem to have little or no ability to think for themselves or challenge anything.
---------

what would get the masses off their asses

Have they the slightest idea of the image they are presenting to the outside world?

Hahau Hahau Hahau Hahau Hahau
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:30 pm

THE MAJORITY they mean.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down