JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Police hunt for man who attacked woman in broad daylight EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Police hunt for man who attacked woman in broad daylight EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Police hunt for man who attacked woman in broad daylight EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Police hunt for man who attacked woman in broad daylight EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Police hunt for man who attacked woman in broad daylight EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Police hunt for man who attacked woman in broad daylight EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Police hunt for man who attacked woman in broad daylight EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Police hunt for man who attacked woman in broad daylight EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Police hunt for man who attacked woman in broad daylight EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Police hunt for man who attacked woman in broad daylight

2 posters

Go down

Police hunt for man who attacked woman in broad daylight Empty Police hunt for man who attacked woman in broad daylight

Post  Pedro Silva Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:55 pm

Last edited by bb1 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : subtitle added)
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Police hunt for man who attacked woman in broad daylight Empty Re: Police hunt for man who attacked woman in broad daylight

Post  bb1 Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:01 pm

OMG, that is horrendous, Pedro - in broad daylight, when the victim was with a friend!

Police hunt for man who attacked woman in broad daylight

Updated: 06-Feb-2012

by SOPHIE MCCARRICK

sophie.mccarrick@theresidentgroup.com

A woman in her early 30s was attacked in broad daylight while walking back to her home in Lagos Wednesday, February 1.

The incident took place at approximately 2.30pm following a trip to the local Multibanco.

Emma Thomas, who has lived in the Algarve since 1998, told the Algarve Resident that she and a friend were followed by the man on a bicycle.

“To look at he was clean and well dressed, the type of man you could walk past in the street and not feel threatened by,” said Emma.

The man, who she described as being in his early 20s and of Portuguese heritage, continued to follow the pair from a main road onto a quiet, scarcely used lane, when things took a turn for the worse.

“He caught up with us, got off his bike and jumped on me, wrestling me to the floor and forcing himself on top of me.

“It was then that I knew he was trying to rape me as he began to pull vigorously at my trousers, pulling them down,” said Emma.

Her 18-year old friend tried to help but, said Emma, due to her petite physique she was thrown to the ground.

As Emma cried out for help, the friend ran to the main road in search of assistance.

Emma managed to fight off the attacker, who eventually fled, leaving her with bloody scratches and cuts to her body, bruising and with much of her clothing ripped off.

Peter Summers, Emma’s husband, told the Algarve Resident: “I can’t believe this has happened to my wife. I am furious. What worries me is that this man is still out there in our community.

“Many young girls are about, and we are concerned about their safety.”

He said he had heard of other recent incidents where women endured “intimidating confrontations” with a man matching the description of Emma’s assailant.

“Someone who we know, and who I will not name, experienced difficulty with this man two weeks prior to Emma’s attack.” said Peter Summers.

“It was night time and dark when he approached her, asking her for a cigarette lighter. As she flicked the lighter open, it was then that she saw that he had exposed himself.”

He said he had also heard of other cases where a man of a similar description had exposed himself to women in the street.

The attack on Emma was reported to the GNR, who returned the scene of the attack later the same day with Emma to take photographs, before taking her to the GNR station in Portimão where her injuries and ripped clothing were photographed.

A spokesman from the GNR police confirmed that the incident had been reported to them and that they were currently investigating the case to find the suspect.

“I was lucky not to have been raped and am thankful that I was strong enough to escape him,” said Emma.

“However, I feel like now I must warn my community about this man, who, to date, has not been found.”

That is one dangerous character - it's almost unheard of for sex offenders to be quite so brazen.

I hope the police get him before he attacks anyone else - he's liable to do worse next time.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Police hunt for man who attacked woman in broad daylight Empty Re: Police hunt for man who attacked woman in broad daylight

Post  Pedro Silva Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:05 pm

You´re right bb1.

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down