JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
National Centre for Missing Children; We must not give up hope of finding Madeleine EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
National Centre for Missing Children; We must not give up hope of finding Madeleine EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
National Centre for Missing Children; We must not give up hope of finding Madeleine EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
National Centre for Missing Children; We must not give up hope of finding Madeleine EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
National Centre for Missing Children; We must not give up hope of finding Madeleine EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
National Centre for Missing Children; We must not give up hope of finding Madeleine EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
National Centre for Missing Children; We must not give up hope of finding Madeleine EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
National Centre for Missing Children; We must not give up hope of finding Madeleine EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
National Centre for Missing Children; We must not give up hope of finding Madeleine EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

National Centre for Missing Children; We must not give up hope of finding Madeleine

3 posters

Go down

National Centre for Missing Children; We must not give up hope of finding Madeleine Empty National Centre for Missing Children; We must not give up hope of finding Madeleine

Post  Rose Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:35 am

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/4287061/We-must-not-give-up-hope-of-finding-Maddie.html

National Centre for Missing Children; We must not give up hope of finding Madeleine Sun_bh10

By ANTONELLA LAZZERI
Published: Today at 02:04

THE little girl gripped her mother’s hand and huddled closer as the woman ranted at police.

As she protested at her arrest on a trivial charge, the group of officers tried to calm the mum — with one exception.

One cop scrutinised the child before slipping away to phone America’s National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC).

Yesterday the group’s president, Ernie Allen, revealed how that phone call ended a seven-year international hunt for the little girl.

And he believes Madeleine McCann’s family can have a similar happy ending.

Mr Allen said: “It turned out the girl had been snatched from her home in Southern California and taken thousands of miles to Puerto Rico. When I asked the policeman why he called, he replied, ‘Because something just didn’t seem right’.

“That’s what could happen in Madeleine’s case. Just one person thinking ‘That’s not right’.”

Mr Allen, a lawyer, has become close to Kate and Gerry McCann since their daughter was taken from a holiday flat in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on May 3, 2007, aged three.

He has given the couple, from Rothley, Leics, advice about how to keep their search going.

And as Kate, 44, and Gerry, 43, face the fifth anniversary of Maddie’s disappearance, on Wednesday, he has told them never to give up.

Speaking from the Washington offices of his non-profit organisation, funded by the US state, Mr Allen said: “You don’t ever close missing child cases, these children are still out there. I have told Kate and Gerry the story of that girl from California and many others.

“Miracles happen. It doesn’t matter how long a child has been missing. Until Madeleine is found, or we know for certain what has happened to her, we will not give up.”

Mr Allen firmly believes Maddie could be alive and well.

He said: “She was very young when she was taken and young children are easily manipulated. She may have been told all manner of lies, for example that her parents are dead. Children are taught to obey and believe adults.

“People assume that children are always abducted by paedophiles, but they can be taken by someone who just wants a child to bring up as their own.

“A child becomes conditioned by their abductor. We had a nine-year-old girl who was found after ten months. She was very bright but when I asked her why she never tried to escape, she said, ‘Because the lady told me not to’.”

Mr Allen, 66, spoke to The Sun days after Portuguese authorities refused to reopen the Maddie inquiry despite Scotland Yard detectives identifying 195 new leads.

Last night the McCanns’ lawyer in Lisbon insisted cops there missed vital clues. Isabel Duarte says key forensics work was not carried out after a sniffer-dog picked up Maddie’s scent at a car park near the crime scene.

Ms Duarte said a witness description of a man seen looking into the family’s apartment, and records of local mobile calls made at the time, were also not followed up properly.

Mr Allen co-founded NCMEC almost 30 years ago, to help parents do everything they can to find their children, after working as a lawyer on a missing child case.

The group has helped develop vital technology including the age-progression technique used to create images such as the newly released picture of Maddie aged nine.

It also runs a 24-hour hotline and has trained 300,000 US law enforcement officers, and works closely with international police Interpol.

Mr Allen said: “Since 1984, we have been involved in 174,000 cases of missing children — and recovered 160,000. We are proof that the vast majority of missing children around the world come home safely.”

He added: “I think about Maddie every day. Kate and Gerry have been criticised for being so public about her, but you need to keep reminding people a child is still missing.

“We had a taxi driver who came forward after seeing an appeal ten years after a child was snatched. He believed he had picked up the abductor and child soon after the abduction.

“The case was solved thanks to him. That so easily could happen in Madeleine’s case.

“I believe it will be solved with that one simple phone call.”
Rose
Rose
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

National Centre for Missing Children; We must not give up hope of finding Madeleine Empty Re: National Centre for Missing Children; We must not give up hope of finding Madeleine

Post  Pedro Silva Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:56 am

Yes, I agree with Mr. Ernie Allen.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

National Centre for Missing Children; We must not give up hope of finding Madeleine Empty Re: National Centre for Missing Children; We must not give up hope of finding Madeleine

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:17 am

Thanks, Rose - it's good to read a positive story.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:30 pm

My friends, spread the link above to everyone you know, the more people are aware the better, thank you, I already spreaded to everyone I know.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:40 pm

Yes, I agree with you bb1, your words are mine, thank you Rose.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:39 pm

I agree with Mr. Ernie Allen.

Well done Mr. Ernie Allen:
thumbsup
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down