JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
World Trade Centre New York's Highest Building Again EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
World Trade Centre New York's Highest Building Again EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
World Trade Centre New York's Highest Building Again EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
World Trade Centre New York's Highest Building Again EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
World Trade Centre New York's Highest Building Again EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
World Trade Centre New York's Highest Building Again EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
World Trade Centre New York's Highest Building Again EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
World Trade Centre New York's Highest Building Again EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
World Trade Centre New York's Highest Building Again EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

World Trade Centre New York's Highest Building Again

5 posters

Go down

World Trade Centre New York's Highest Building Again Empty World Trade Centre New York's Highest Building Again

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:34 pm

World Trade Centre New York's Highest Building Again 16219275

The One World Trade Centre rises over the Manhattan skyline

New York City has a new tallest building - One World Trade Centre is now 1,271ft (387m) tall - just taller than the top of the Empire State building.

The huge construction, now 100 floors high, was built to replace the iconic twin towers that were destroyed in the 9/11 attacks.

In the coming months, the last four floors will be completed, making it the same height as the original One World Trade Centre north tower.
Next year the building will reach its full height.
Workers will add an antenna, which, if counted as part of the height of the tower, will make it the tallest in the US, and the third tallest in the world.
Vice Chairman of the Port Authority Scott Rechler said: "One World Trade Centre (WTC) is much more than an iconic symbol for New York ... it is a symbol of liberty and pride.

More at:

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16219257
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

World Trade Centre New York's Highest Building Again Empty Re: World Trade Centre New York's Highest Building Again

Post  Lamplighter Tue May 01, 2012 8:40 am

That is really great! I stayed at the Marriott Hotel in the WTC complex in the May of the year it was destroyed. I know the bell boy who looked after our rooms died of his injuries, caused by falling masonry. It was a lovely hotel but was demolished as it was too dangerous to leave standing.

World Trade Centre New York's Highest Building Again Hotel3

World Trade Centre New York's Highest Building Again Hotel2
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

World Trade Centre New York's Highest Building Again Empty Re: World Trade Centre New York's Highest Building Again

Post  lily Tue May 01, 2012 5:01 pm

Oh my, LL. The poor bell boy. Crying or Very sad
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Tue May 01, 2012 6:43 pm

World Trade Centre New York's Highest Building Again Pb-12010
Rose
Rose
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 01, 2012 6:51 pm

That's a good picture, Rose. It's a stunning building, New York can be proud.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue May 01, 2012 7:17 pm

It's terrifying if you ask me.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Tue May 01, 2012 7:49 pm

It is time for old and painful memories of 9/11 and the Twin Towers to be replaced by a new beginning, new impressions, new memories to collect, without ever forgetting that black day.
Rose
Rose
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 01, 2012 8:47 pm

I'm not a great fan of heights, Rose. Once buildings start passing nine or ten floors, I start getting queasy, so I don't think I would be very happy at the top of it.

But that's just me, it's a lovely, light-looking building. It must be marvellous for New Yorkers to get 'their' skyline back again?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue May 01, 2012 9:05 pm

I get vertigo just looking at buildings like that.

I once came down Ben Nevis. Don't ask me how I got up because I can't remember, but I seem to recollect that it was easier just to go on climbing than to look down. If that makes any sense.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down